Menu

Who do you know IRL from WTM?

I've met Jan in OH at the Midwest Convention. She spotted my pink "Going to Grandma's" suitcase that I was dragging around to put all my goodies in.

Another friend from co-op is on the board but I can't remember her name.

By some of the other posts, I know that I'm near a few of you. I've always been a little shy of giving info on the net, though.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only know 1 person irl, as far as I know. She doesn't post much, and I haven't seen her around here in quite a while. (She's probably busy teaching her dc, or something. LOL)

I have seen several people from another board that I've been on for years. They can vouch that I'm not a troll.:tongue_smilie:

I know several of the DFW WTMers. I have met Apryl H, Caayenne, Jinnah, Pfamilygal, Aubrey, and all their sweet kids. Poor Aubrey gets around quite a bit for an introvert! :001_smile: I am really good friends with z_2mom, but she doesn't post that much. I email back and forth with OpenMinded. And I have several more ladies on FB with me. They are all lovely, wonderful, genuine people. Not a troll in the bunch! :D

Edited by Asenik

Does anyone fear not being liked irl by Boardies?

Yup!

I have only met Specialmama (i think, lol it was basically in passing at a homeschool used book sale) and Impish (to drop something off), each only once for a very brief moment, so no way to tell if they thought I was nuts or something.

I have not met anyone else, but do worry they would not like me irl if they met me.

I know *anj* IRL, but met the following at Valley Forge...

environmommy

Osmosis Mom

nest of 3

Capt Uhura

CleoQC

WendyK

AuntPol

Jumping in Puddles

Kalmia

Rivka

Luckymama

tjlufkin

Jen+4dc

I can vouch for them and a few more I am sure :D

Edited by TheAutumnOak

Well, which Karen are you? Do we already know each other?

Dawn

If any of the NC/SC folks are going to be at the Love to Learn Conference in Charlotte this Saturday, maybe we can find each other.
Edited by DawnM

ZooRho and I know each other irl. Although, I used to give her a hard time because I only saw her at co-op and never her son (the swimmer) :lol:. I told her I didn't think he existed. So, I guess that would make her an irl troll? :001_huh:

s

But, then I saw him. Darn, I had almost caught one. :D

snort

yes he did very little there

Never met anyone from this board IRL.

Ahhh...I guess I should admit it. I'm a troll and I don't really have any kids at all. I just like to make up curricula and schedules and all that. It's my mental illness...*

:tongue_smilie:

Well, not really...

But I will admit my son's name really isn't Otter!!!

;)

(*disclaimer: I am just joking around here and not making fun of those with mental illness... and for those of you who have shared things like that, I really admire your honesty and understand it's a serious issue, etc. etc. etc. I hope you all get the idea and no one is offended.)

Almost got to meet Rosie...and then she moved!

When we returned to Oz, it was near Rosie's neck of the woods,and I was hoping to finally meet her in person, only to find out she moved into Keptwoman's backyard:tongue_smilie:

Yeah! Why do you think I invited you to that SCA camping event? It was over your way! But you were having a baby, which is a good reason not to show. :tongue_smilie:

We'll make it back over there eventually, I hope. Dh is hoping to move to Woodend or Riddells in a couple of years time. That's half way around and should get us playing with that crowd again more often. :) Or maybe I'll win Tattslotto and go 'back to booktown' one year. That's the only circumstance in which I could imagine trusting myself. :D

:seeya:

Rosie

Edited by Rosie_0801

I've met Ellie-- I inherited her hermit crabs a few years ago (they are HUGE now!).

I've met Peek A Boo (at Ellie's house once)

I've talked with BUNCHES of WTM people on the phone. I've had several WTM kids in my math classes.

I talk with Newbie several times each week--just got off the phone with her in fact! She is my bestest friend that I've never met!

JennW lives down the freeway from me; she's rescued me from many Aspie-induced panics and is the nicest, most lovely friend I could hope to have.

Have also met Kay in Cal, but she is no longer in Cal; her family moved back east.

My dd and dh met Cheryl in SoCal at the ranch where her son is doing his knight school training.

I have mailed packages to michele-one-l and Corraleno. Either the goods disappeared into a postal black hole or someone live did get them on the other end. And either they sent me fake pictures or they do have real live children!

IRL, I've met Jenny in Atl (don't worry, Nakia, she didn't bring AS w/ her, so I didn't get to meet him) & Frankie (who used to be on here, but doesn't post anymore).

I've also met a couple of other folks who used to be on here a long time ago, but aren't now. I also know a couple of lurkers.

IRL, I've met Jenny in Atl (don't worry, Nakia, she didn't bring AS w/ her, so I didn't get to meet him) & Frankie (who used to be on here, but doesn't post anymore).

I've also met a couple of other folks who used to be on here a long time ago, but aren't now. I also know a couple of lurkers.

Of course she didn't bring him. He dumped her for me. :D

Talked to ThatCyndiGirl on the phone and she's mailed me stuff.

Stacia has mailed me stuff also.

:001_smile: (And, Negin has mailed me stuff too, lol!) I'm so jealous of Cyndi -- you gals talk on the phone??? :D I wish I knew Negin IRL! (Cyndi too.)

I had no idea. Wow! Are you excited? Is this for real?

I think as real as Alexander Skarsgard coming out of the lake right by her new MI lake house...? Right, Cyndi? (Of course, Nakia would have to take down Cyndi then.... :lol:)

:001_smile: (And, Negin has mailed me stuff too, lol!) I'm so jealous of Cyndi -- you gals talk on the phone??? :D I wish I knew Negin IRL! (Cyndi too.)

:grouphug: Do you have Skype? If you do, we can call each other for free.

Even if you don't, since I have it, calling you is not expensive at all.

Cyndi and I have only talked once, I think ... but for some reason, it seems like more. :)

Stacia, I would love to hear your voice.

We saw "Midnight in Paris" yesterday and loved it, loved it, loved it. :D

I have Skype!

Dawn

:grouphug: Do you have Skype? If you do, we can call each other for free.

Even if you don't, since I have it, calling you is not expensive at all.

Cyndi and I have only talked once, I think ... but for some reason, it seems like more. :)

Stacia, I would love to hear your voice.

We saw "Midnight in Paris" yesterday and loved it, loved it, loved it. :D

I tried to post last night when the site crashed, but I've met ZooRho IRL, too. And I regularly look up Fedex rates for sending her a now not as small child who seems to have somehow inherited her orneriness via the internet. :lol:

yeap MY CHILD, I created her.

and that was way before we met irl too.

scary what can happen on the internet

Aliya is my sister-in-law and I know CathyCDK from my homeschool group. I have been close to some others, only via internet, but close enough that I know they are definitely real. Most of those don't post here anymore, though.