Menu

How many Amazon orders have you placed in the last 6 months?

When placing the order, you can affect how many boxes you get.

If you don't click the box to group items in as few shipments as possible, the default choice is "I want my items faster" so they ship as available. It's not really amazon's fault if people just click through without reading this.

And yeah, I've received some ridiculously huge boxes also. I'm not sure what to do about that. They come in handy for storing stuff anyway. :tongue_smilie:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amateur. 126 orders. But in my defense, some of the orders look like this:

Glue: $4.41

Replacement cell phone batteries: $7.29

I totally understand. If I had Prime when we lived in the middle of nowhere (as opposed to the edge of nowhere where we are now) I'd have had orders like that. Probably one or two every day.

When placing the order, you can affect how many boxes you get.

If you don't click the box to group items in as few shipments as possible, the default choice is "I want my items faster" so they ship as available. It's not really amazon's fault if people just click through without reading this.

Not really. When I order used items fulfilled by them, I tend to have them split off separately from other items. Also preorders. I have gotten this when I click one shipment. I never click multiple because I din't want to pay for it.

Amateur. 126 orders. But in my defense, some of the orders look like this:

Glue: $4.41

Replacement cell phone batteries: $7.29

Yeah....a number of mine are like that too....like yesterday's Pentel Oil Pastel's for $3.69 (36 pastel set) that popped up after I'd already placed my order.

What? What? Amazon Mom? Free shipping to Germany? How did you manage to get that? I buy almost everything at bookdepository, because Amazon's shipping to the Netherlands is so high.... What did I miss??

I've never heard of Amazon Mom before this thread, so I looked it up. Any parent or caregiver, including grandparents, can sign up for it. It is mainly targeted at caregivers of children up through toddler age, but it says you can still join if your child is older. You get free 2-day Prime shipping for 3 months. It offers discounts on baby items, and for every $25 in baby items that you purchase, you earn an additional free month of Amazon Prime shipping benefits.

Since I'm not going to be buying any baby items (maybe if I have a baby shower to go to sometime in the future), I will just have to wait until I need to order again (not often, since I've only placed 3 orders in the last 6 months!) before signing up. I don't want my 3 months to start yet.

Amazon Mom sign up link

:svengo: I am clearly a rank amateur who needs to be schooled. Hah! :lol:

I do have Prime, but I generally still let my cart pile up and then place a big order.

I don't even know how many free Kindle books I've scooped up since getting it in Feb. I have 5 pages' worth. :001_huh:

I have Amazon Mom, which gives me prime shipping. I order pull-ups, wipes, lots of gluten free foods that are cheaper in bulk on there than at Whole Foods (pasta, snacks, etc), sunblock and other personal hygiene stuff, books, etc. I don't pile up my shopping cart, so I get lots of small orders. I should start piling up a bit, though, to conserve boxes. Oh, and almost all of my gift-giving shopping is done on Amazon. I *heart* Amazon.

24 :) I signed up for the amazon prime trial 2 months ago, and forgot to shut it off in time. Since I've been ordering a bunch. Amazon Prime could be a problem. I LOVE free 2 day shipping. I'm guessing that six months of prime will hurt my pocketbook significantly, but it is so fun being able to buy one small thing for less and get it so quickly.

I've never heard of Amazon Mom before this thread, so I looked it up. Any parent or caregiver, including grandparents, can sign up for it. It is mainly targeted at caregivers of children up through toddler age, but it says you can still join if your child is older. You get free 2-day Prime shipping for 3 months. It offers discounts on baby items, and for every $25 in baby items that you purchase, you earn an additional free month of Amazon Prime shipping benefits.

Since I'm not going to be buying any baby items (maybe if I have a baby shower to go to sometime in the future), I will just have to wait until I need to order again (not often, since I've only placed 3 orders in the last 6 months!) before signing up. I don't want my 3 months to start yet.

Amazon Mom sign up link

Thanks!

This definitely sounds too good to be true for us outside the US. But I'm going to try it.....in a couple of months when I can make a large order. Who knows, it might work :001_smile:.

24 :) I signed up for the amazon prime trial 2 months ago, and forgot to shut it off in time. Since I've been ordering a bunch. Amazon Prime could be a problem. I LOVE free 2 day shipping. I'm guessing that six months of prime will hurt my pocketbook significantly, but it is so fun being able to buy one small thing for less and get it so quickly.

We did the Prime trial, used it during the trial period, and then intended to cancel before we got charged. We forgot to cancel, but had not yet used Prime since being charged. I went online to cancel and found that if you did not use Prime after being charged, that they refund the full amount.

We did the Prime trial, used it during the trial period, and then intended to cancel before we got charged. We forgot to cancel, but had not yet used Prime since being charged. I went online to cancel and found that if you did not use Prime after being charged, that they refund the full amount.

Ahh well :) I have loved it. At first I was really bummed because it is quite a hefty price. I was especially upset because we could have gotten it free because my husband is a student :O! I have enjoyed it, and have been able to watch a few streaming things because of prime that I couldn't find on Netflix.

More than I expected.

I have Prime and tend to buy one thing at a time, except for the 4 for 3 orders.

I just discovered Subscribe and Save a few months ago. I now have a few grocery and vitamin items from there that actually do save money.

Probably 20+ of my orders are individual used books, for about $4 each including shipping. I don't have a great used book store around or I would use it for school books.

I buy many birthday and Christmas gifts ahead and buy homeschooling books ahead, so the second half of my year will be much, much less. I also order a lot of little things that are just as cheap or cheaper than buying from a store, especially factoring in gas, sales tax, and time and inconvenience of shopping with several young children.

I agree that packaging is a huge downside.

I'm not going to say how many, but it's a lot. I have Prime and I use it all the time. A majority of my orders are for one item. If it is a 4-for-3 item I do save up until I have 4. I also do the Subscribe and Save for things we use regularly like tp, sunbutter, qtips, mandarin oranges, dish soap, kleenex, etc.

For us, Amazon and Amazon Prime are very worth it. We are so busy (farm, chemo, dh working 60-80 hours a week) that it is much easier for me to take a minute to get online and order it, rather than having to arrange a trip to town. This fall and winter when we have to stay home to avoid exposing dd, I expect to use it even more.

I am finding myself doing more and more of my ordering online. I can do it at my convenience (usually the middle of the night), not have to fight the crowds, heat, whatever, I don't have to take time out of my day, the children don't lose part of their day, I have more choices, and they bring it to me. Pretty much the only places I shop in person are places like the fabric store, feed store, auto parts store, Lowe's, Staples, Hobby Lobby, and the grocery store. Only very rarely do I go to Target, and I end up going to Walmart maybe once every year or two. I don't like to go to all the trouble to get to a store, only to find out my choice is limited to one or two, if they have it at all.

What? What? Amazon Mom? Free shipping to Germany? How did you manage to get that? I buy almost everything at bookdepository, because Amazon's shipping to the Netherlands is so high.... What did I miss??

While we physically live in Germany, we have a US address. Our mail goes to NY (IIRC) and the Army picks it up there and flies (or ships) it to Germany for delivery. Otherwise I'd be in a heap of trouble. :D

I didn't know anything about Amazon Mom until my family asked me to make a registry for the baby so they could just have the stuff sent directly to me. After I did the registry, I was offered Amazon Mom and I signed up for it. A lot of people preferred to just send me money instead of buying gifts, and I ended up just buying the stuff off my registry. For every $25 I spent I got a few more months (12 is the max). It runs out in Dec, I think, but I will definitely be paying the $79 for Prime after that because I have saved far more than that in shipping.

I am going to print this thread out and every time my husband claims I am addicted, he will have to read it :)

:D I asked my DH if he thought I ordered a lot from Amazon. He hemmed & hawed, but eventually said yes, sort of. So I told him my number and then told him how low I ranked on the list! He conceded I wasn't so bad. :lol:

Only 55! HA! good thing its not items... :-P I decided last year to get prime, then got mommy prime instead, so I used a year of prime for FReeeee!!!!!!!! :-D

I did some subscriptions, but I have to say when they cancel the item, and you miss the notice.... it gets really scary when you run out of WIPES! AKKK!

Edited by lcelmer

I no longer buy books unless it's something I can't get from the library and absolutely have to have. Only two of those eight orders were books. The rest were things like cell phone batteries, an ipod digitizer and a few other things I can't get locally.