Menu

How many Amazon orders have you placed in the last 6 months?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my defense I get tons of stuff from there- everything from diapers to wipes to agave to dishwashing detergent and a lot of it is on auto ship. I also did most of our school book shopping in that time period.

32 orders in the last 30-days. No way I'm counting all the orders placed from the past six months!

Now, some of those are from my subscribe and save items, so they are in there automatically and that's 4 of the 32.

And if I count only orders made in the same day, then it's really 12 orders - I just wind up doing multiple orders frequently when I'm buying 4-for-3 books since I'll get them all into my cart and then move them to later, then move 4 back by price so the freebie is the same price as the other four.

Another question might be - how many boxes does Amazon ship once you made your order? I shake my head all the time at the sheer number of boxes Amazon will ship for an order. I had one order a few days ago that was huge - 22 items - and guess how many boxes I expect delivered today? Can you say 19 boxes? How nuts is that?

I just placed 10 in the last 30 days. :D I DO NOT want to look and see how many in the last 6 months. (39)

And, I went on a download spree to the kindle-all free, over 40 books. :001_smile::001_smile:

Thank heavens for Prime.

Edited by justamouse

I just checked my Amazon account and it indicates that I placed 70 orders in the last 6 months. I would have consolidated them more if I didn't have Amazon Prime. Still, it's an impressive number!

Cindy

I didn't see that it'll tell you the number - just looked at the 6-month number and I'm shocked, shocked I say - 148 orders!

I didn't check, but do kindle downloads count in that number?

Erm do we count Kindle book orders? 10 if we aren't counting digital orders.

300 if we are :blush:.

:lol::lol:

Pfft, I didn't even begin to count the kindle orders. I'm right there with you, though I have to admit to most of them being free. ;) I think, maybe i *bought* five for the kindle. I have over 500 books in there now.

Another question might be - how many boxes does Amazon ship once you made your order? I shake my head all the time at the sheer number of boxes Amazon will ship for an order. I had one order a few days ago that was huge - 22 items - and guess how many boxes I expect delivered today? Can you say 19 boxes? How nuts is that?

I always wonder why they ship so many boxes. I know some come from different facilities, but not all. I'll have different items ship from the same facility within hours of each other, each in their own little box.

I've placed 67. I've ordered things from charging cords -$3 to an ipod touch $200 or so. All free shipping via prime and getting money back with my Amazon credit card that I pay off each month. Plus, I order things for my entire family. Dh doesn't even bother doing it, just tells me what to order for him.

:w00t:But some people esp those with prime place tons of small orders!

I refuse to incriminate myself. :driving:

I do not have prime.

:iagree: on both accounts! We do not have Amazon prime so my DH and I try REALLY hard to combine orders and not order more than once of month. So we aspire to have fewer, but bigger orders. We're about due right now in fact. Still, I refuse to look, but DH and I combined, I'm sure it's an embarrassing number!

I always wonder why they ship so many boxes. I know some come from different facilities, but not all. I'll have different items ship from the same facility within hours of each other, each in their own little box.

I have started leaving feedback on the packaging because sometimes it's insane. In one order (5 items), I bought a set of 3 Dr. Brown's stage 2 nipples and they came all by themselves in a box that measured 8 x 5 x 2. Another item in the same order was a baby play mat (the kind with the bar over it and toys hanging from it) that came in a box so huge it almost didn't fit in the back of my SUV. The box inside (that the mat was actually in) was 18 x 12 x 2. These items came from the SAME processing center and were shipped the same day. Ridiculous!

I'm obviously a lightweight when it comes to Amazon. Even though I have prime, I do often consolidate, unless it something like sunscreen, and I need it right away (or a gift). What REALLY bugs me about amazon is the waste of cardboard, as some others have mentioned. I feel awful about that. I try to be pretty earth friendly, but the boxes from Amazon do not make me feel good.

For non-digital orders, Amazon will tell you how many. I cannot find a way to list separate items, that would go into the hundreds, as I pack a lot into one order.

You can also see your digital orders, but it isn't telling me how many digital orders like it does with normal orders. It looks like I have about the same amount of digital orders, I estimate 60. My digital orders are just one item per order, whereas my normal orders are a dozen items in an order.

Most of my orders are divided up into 3-4 separate shipments, but still counted as one order.

I have Prime. I don't know what I'd do without Amazon.

Edited by Satori

So far at least two people have posted more orders than I've made in the last 6 months. I can't tell you how happy that makes me. ;) And yes, I have Prime. My orders include books, office supplies, groceries, toys, gifts, toiletries, even a couple of clothing items.

What's "Prime"? I feel like I'm missing out on the greatest Amazon secret of all time!!!

There's Prime you pay for - $79 a year

And Prime that Amazon sometimes offers Free, like Prime Mom (not sure exactly what they call it)

Prime is your shipping for a year - no matter how small an order, if the item is sold by Amazon (or fulfilled by someone contracted by Amazon), shipping is already paid, so you don't have to have a minimum order of $25 to qualify for free shipping. The default shipping with Prime is two-day and it's usually through UPS, although sometimes I'll get something FedEx or USPS.

Prime also has a one-day ship option for $3.99 per item, which is great if you need something overnight and only need that one thing (multiple items, each is charged the $3.99).

And the paid Prime now offers free streaming videos, a la Netflix, as part of the "benefits" for having Prime.

I kind of hate Amazon, since I think they have contributed to the demise of actual, brick-and-mortar bookstores. So, the one order I placed was back in February was for granola bars to be shipped to my daughter on campus.

I do use Amazon occasionally for mp3 songs for the kids to use at auditions, if I can't find what we want through iTunes.

I also support B&M stores. Just yesterday I was at Barnes and Noble, finally got my Educator card (had to talk to the manager though), and bought several books and journals. I try to go every week or two.

As for Amazon, I never use One-Click, I always try to take advantage of 4-for-3 discount, so I very carefully place items in orders to make the most of that.

I kind of hate Amazon, since I think they have contributed to the demise of actual, brick-and-mortar bookstores. So, the one order I placed was back in February was for granola bars to be shipped to my daughter on campus.

I do use Amazon occasionally for mp3 songs for the kids to use at auditions, if I can't find what we want through iTunes.

Our local barnes & noble gets lots of our business too - the educator discount card is great! The local store manager here actually has a newsletter that goes out and is always asking for feedback from hs'ers sicne there are quite a number of us in the area.

And we have two indy bookstores in town (college town) that we frequent sicne they're great - not always cheaper, but definitely more fun and great service.

I got 4 bags of books total from 3 different used book sales the other Saturday. I've decided that's a very smart place to get children's chapter books. I even found Hakim on a previous trip and an Usborne science encyclopedia on that trip. An old fashioned health textbook that's quite charming, and an old reader that my daughter loves. And an OOP The Rescuers that I had in my Amazon cart (but removed!) as it's being reissued by the NYRview of Books. I spent somewhere around $15 total.

I also got some 'quality reading' for me.

Edited by stripe

89! Holy bejeebers! In my defense I live overseas and have a new baby, so much of it was for him (you're buying that right?) and I have Amazon Mom, which gives me free shipping. I've put 152 items on my Kindle since Dec. Those don't really count, do they?

What? What? Amazon Mom? Free shipping to Germany? How did you manage to get that? I buy almost everything at bookdepository, because Amazon's shipping to the Netherlands is so high.... What did I miss??

58 :001_huh:

I do place all kinds of small orders. Just this morning, I ordered popsicle molds (sick of the ones we have that I can't the popsicles out of) and later today I will be ordering DH a new beard trimmer. I also order some grocery items, tahini, a certain granola that DD likes, Fisher sunflower seeds (can't buy locally), etc.

C'mon, give us a number. I was :001_huh: to realize that I've placed 17 orders in the last 6 months. Almost 3 a month; yikes!

You can find this by going to Your Orders and sort by Orders Placed in the Last 6 Months. It's at the top left of the screen.

Amateur. 126 orders. But in my defense, some of the orders look like this:

Glue: $4.41

Replacement cell phone batteries: $7.29