Menu

How long do you usually leave people on your IGNORE list?

Guest Dulcimeramy

Guest Dulcimeramy

Just wondering when people are going to start responding to my posts again. :bored: I've never left anybody languishing in 'ignore' for longer than a week.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dulcimeramy

Oh, shoot. I forgot that I'm gonna look like a real loser if nobody responds to my thread about the use of the ignore list! LOL

"Poster learns the hard way that entire board has her on 'ignore.' Cries buckets."

Oh, shoot. I forgot that I'm gonna look like a real loser if nobody responds to my thread about the use of the ignore list! LOL

"Poster learns the hard way that entire board has her on 'ignore.' Cries buckets."

:lol::lol: join the club! :lol::lol:

I think we're all guilty at times of expecting a written reaction to everything we say...

I don't use it.

I can disagree to the extreme with someone on one thread, but turn around and offer them prayers and support in another, both with total sincerity.

Even if I think someone is a dipstick, I don't ignore them. I figure I can ignore their posts without using a list to do it for me, if I need to.

Besides, you never know where wisdom may come from. :001_smile:

Guest Dulcimeramy
:lol::lol: join the club! :lol::lol:

I think we're all guilty at times of expecting a written reaction to everything we say...

A post about a one-stop shopping adventure culminating in the purchase of a can of Pam, a cast-iron skillet, and a bag of live goldfish should have had some kind of response, Barry!

Guest Dulcimeramy
You've never been on my ignore list. The people that are there have been on there for a couple of years.

Thank you! I've never ignored you, either. Not only have I never been actually mad at you, I wouldn't dare risk missing an interesting statistic or a LOL opportunity.

I don't use it.

I can disagree to the extreme with someone on one thread, but turn around and offer them prayers and support in another, both with total sincerity.

Even if I think someone is a dipstick, I don't ignore them. I figure I can ignore their posts without using a list to do it for me, if I need to.

:iagree:Exactly what I'm thinking... how'd you get into my brain?

See, now I'm curious: 1) Exactly HOW does that ignore feature work? What does it look like? (Can you tell I've never used it?) and 2) I wonder if THAT'S why I've been thinking I'm a thread-killer. I'm not a thread-killer; I'm just on a lot of ignore lists. :lol: Wait! Now I'm wondering what I did to get on so many ignore lists...

Guest Dulcimeramy
I don't use it.

I can do the disagree and then hug thing only if I don't remember that its the same person. I'm a work in progress!

I had to go check my list to see if I had anyone on there that I forgot about! I've ignored 3 people I think, one of them was someone who was determined to take offense at everything I said. I once said something about loving my children and she accused me of implying she didn't love hers! It was so bizarre!

I understand it wouldn't be good for us to know who has us on their ignore lists, but sometimes I wonder about it when I don't get a response to a question. It would be fun to see how many people are ignoring us, like a line on our profile that says 'you are on 7 ignore lists'. :lol: But then many of us would be posting that number and asking if anyone knows who might be ignoring us!

Guest Dulcimeramy
See, now I'm curious: 1) Exactly HOW does that ignore feature work? What does it look like? (Can you tell I've never used it?) and 2) I wonder if THAT'S why I've been thinking I'm a thread-killer. I'm not a thread-killer; I'm just on a lot of ignore lists. :lol: Wait! Now I'm wondering what I did to get on so many ignore lists...

When you put someone on 'ignore' it shows you that they did post but you can't read the post unless you click a little button called "view post."

Which is totally worthless for those of us with little self-control because we just think, "Oooooh, what did that nut say now???" and read it just to get mad at them again. After two days of this, we realize we aren't even sort of ignoring the person and have gotten over whatever the beef was...and take them off ignore. (Or am I the only one who does that.)

What some of us really need is a friend list, an ignore list, and an evaporate list. Or, for Twilight Zone fans, a "whisked-away-to-the-cornfield" list.

I don't use it.

:iagree:

I have never ignored anyone.

Guest Dulcimeramy
Til they stop p1ssing me off. :lol:

Or, til I get over it. :tongue_smilie:

Come sit by me. We ignore people online just like we did in jr. high. Same methods, same reasons...

Guest Dulcimeramy

I would just like to acknowledge the 12 people who obviously do not have me on ignore at the moment. Thank you, thank you...

Instead of showing their post it just says something like "blahblah is on your ignore list." You can click view post if you reeeeeally want to see it.

There are 4 people on my list. Two of them are people who just get under my skin no matter what they say. One only has a few posts and hasn't posted in a long time. One is banned.

I've only had one person, ever, on ignore. I felt weird doing it but in spite of my usual ability to not let things bother me, this person just seemed to always ping just that wrong nerve. It was as if they just tried to attack and offend every opinion other than theirs. After a month or so I decided it hadn't been that big of a deal and reversed it. I reapplied it within a couple of days. :) Why tempt the stress? ;) LOL

I'm still amazed I have someone on ignore. It's so unlike me. I'm such a "live and let live" type. :). Oh well!

If I have someone on ignore, I take them off when I find myself clicking "see post" too often. I only ignore a few people though.

ETA: I find your posts interesting and thought provoking. :grouphug:

:iagree: generally once I ignore them, they stay ignored as I dont use it much and only with posters I really dislike.

When you put someone on 'ignore' it shows you that they did post but you can't read the post unless you click a little button called "view post."

Which is totally worthless for those of us with little self-control because we just think, "Oooooh, what did that nut say now???" and read it just to get mad at them again. After two days of this, we realize we aren't even sort of ignoring the person and have gotten over whatever the beef was...and take them off ignore. (Or am I the only one who does that.)

What some of us really need is a friend list, an ignore list, and an evaporate list. Or, for Twilight Zone fans, a "whisked-away-to-the-cornfield" list.

:lol:

I have a mental ignore list, as I don't know how the real ignore list works. (But now I do!) But it's probably easier than the real ignore list, since I'd just click on the "view post" button, and that takes more work. :lol:

I once put people on my ignore list. I don't remember taking them off - But I no longer ever see posts by anyone who is listed as "ignore".

I admit it, I like to ignore anyone who has a very rapid animated picture for there avatar. That is my own reason I have every put anyone on ignore. :p I find animated pictures to sometimes be so annoying. I also admit that unless I am really interested I will never read any posts by someone if it means I have to watch a animated something hopping around on the screen.

Yes, you may now call me whatever name is hopping into your mind.

Everyone is ignoring me, but that's a good thing, a real good thing!

I have never put anyone on ignore.

Also, you guys do realize this would have been a MUCH funnier thread had no one replied? I read it and didn't reply, mwa ha ha, but was quickly foiled by people who are nicer than me.

Just wondering when people are going to start responding to my posts again. :bored: I've never left anybody languishing in 'ignore' for longer than a week.

Well you're not on my list, which is quite long. I was looking at it recently and thinking that with a few more political threads I'll be able to top 30.

Several of them were permanently banned long ago.

:lol:

:001_huh: I did my best...:001_huh: :lol:

I was never tempted to put you on ignore. Sorry. I just ignored someone who is super crazy. I kept looking though and took them off since it wasnt helping.

They have not posted much of late. ETA (oh..that person is banned I did not know that)

Edited by Sis

Guest Dulcimeramy
If I have someone on ignore, I take them off when I find myself clicking "see post" too often. I only ignore a few people though.

ETA: I find your posts interesting and thought provoking. :grouphug:

Thank you! I didn't see that you posted the edit. Thanks :)

Everyone is ignoring me, but that's a good thing, a real good thing!

I have never put anyone on ignore.

Also, you guys do realize this would have been a MUCH funnier thread had no one replied? I read it and didn't reply, mwa ha ha, but was quickly foiled by people who are nicer than me.

I know! I thought of that a split second after I originally posted and decided the humor of it would override the pain so I left the OP.

You've never been on my ignore list. The people that are there have been on there for a couple of years.

:iagree:

(And I reserve it for just a very few people who are so predicatble that I don't even need to read their posts to know what they are saying. ;) Or to remind me of those whom I have learned the hard way not to repsond to.)

Who started this post? All I can see are the responses.:D

Lisa

ETA: Seriously, I've only put one person on ignore and I only lasted a couple of days. It drove me crazy seeing the person's name and the people's response and not knowing what they said.

Edited by LisaTheresa

Guest Dulcimeramy
Well you're not on my list, which is quite long. I was looking at it recently and thinking that with a few more political threads I'll be able to top 30.

Several of them were permanently banned long ago.

Thank you for not ignoring me! Approaching 30 ignorees (ignoramuses? What is the plural, there? LOL) is impressive!

Not that almost 30 people have annoyed you that severely, but that you have had the self-discipline to leave them on ignore.

Oh, my. Are you holding a grudge?

I don't have an ignore list. I'm too darn nosy.

The one and only time I put a person on ignore I had to keep clicking the button that lets one see what one's ignoree is saying. I finally just took said person off since I was too curious to ignore said person.

I have a few on ignore, but you're not on the list.

Am I on your list? I'd hate to be on your list. I enjoy so much of what you say.

I love what Imp said about not liking what someone says in one post and sending prayers to them in another. I've never even considered ignoring anyone- no one has ever annoyed me enough in any thread that I cant just skip over their posts- and even that rarely happens.

I think some people really enjoy getting into dramas more than others.

I don't know how to put someone on ignore. And there are very few people I can think of who might merit an ignore once in a while. And then until I decided to move on from whatever had made me mad to begin with. FWIW, though I disagree with you on some things, Amy, what you say always makes me think... So it's unlikely that I would ignore you.

(And I reserve it for just a very few people who are so predicatble that I don't even need to read their posts to know what they are saying.)

A-yup. I just started using it a couple months ago, but it will be permanent. Venom or melodrama doesn't bother me, but predictable dogma gets tedious. I ignore out of boredom.

I only have one person on ignore. This person insists on being incredibly disrespectful of me and my boundaries of which this person is well aware. I will not be taking this person off ignore ever. Honestly, I had hoped this person disappeared during my board break, but I see my hope was not realized :(

ETA: This person has not responded in this thread as of this post.

ETA2: I would like if we could see the number of people who have us ignored rather than WHO has us ignored.

Edited by 2J5M9K

:lol: This made me laugh.

I didn't actually know how the ignore button worked, as I've never used it. There have been a very, very few people who have annoyed me enough to even consider it. For the most part, when I've disagreed with someone on the boards, it is someone I respect. I like to broaden my horizons by reading posts from people coming from different perspectives than me. I've seen some posters be awfully rude to others- so I see the purpose of an ignore button, but I've never experienced it myself!

ETA: And I was taught my lesson anyway. One of the times when I really did get "annoyed" with another poster and wish I didn't have to read her posts, I ended up liking her in the end. So, poo on me.

Edited by MorganClassicalPrep
remembered something else!

Thank you for not ignoring me! Approaching 30 ignorees (ignoramuses? What is the plural, there? LOL) is impressive!

Not that almost 30 people have annoyed you that severely, but that you have had the self-discipline to leave them on ignore.

I figure it's a win win since it means I am much less

Likely to keep trying to prove the are wrong.

Sometimes it just serves to highlight that it is someone I want to take with a grain of salt. But there are many I can just roll my eyes at.

I've been here long enough to consider these "new" boards. I've never ignored anyone until a thread really rubbed me wrong a few months ago. I added a handful of people on my Ignore list then. It's really as a reminder to me that I will give no weight to their comments, based on their comments on that thread.

I honestly have no problem with the wide variety of opinions and backgrounds here. I don't even remember what the thread was (I'm not even sure if I posted on it), but it was something I felt the need to do.

They'll remain on Ignore forever.

But I am probably on enough Ignore lists myself, maybe no one will read this.:tongue_smilie:

I have two people who were just so predictably vicious that I couldn't take reading their posts. (I have clicked the magic "view" button a few times, only to be reminded of why I ignored them.) They've been there for years and really post so infrequently that I'm shocked to see an ignored post in a thread.