Menu

What is for dinner?

We are having post guitar lesson Red Robin.

Last night I made pork tenderloin with pineapple hoisin sauce, rice and mixed summer vegetables (zucchini, yellow squash, peppers, etc).

Wednesday we had Cobb salad.

Tuesday we had chili and cornbread.

my menu this week

chicken, mashed potatoes, salad, rolls,

grilled nathan hotdogs, boston baked beans, watermelon,

linguini with clam sauce or tomato sauce, garlic bread, salad

grilled chicken, summer vegetables, rolls

chicken salad made with left over grilled chicken, tri colored noodles, chunked cheddar cheese, black olives, red onions with homemade italian dressing

tortillini salad with fresh mozzerella, kalamati olives, fresh basil

pomodoro pasta with cannelini bean

black bean and cheese burittos

sausage and rigatini

Didn't really feel like cooking either... so I threw a couple of chicken breasts in the crockpot with a homemade "cream of chicken" soup and a tsp or so of Italian Seasoning. Smells pretty good, actually. Planning on serving it over rice (cooked in chicken broth) and possibly topped with some mozz cheese. Peas on the side.

seeing as its 95 degrees here and we are having company, I opted for a cold supper. So we are having hot ham and cheese sandwiches (the only thing hot), sandwich for a crowd ( very yummy using roast beef, ham, cream cheese, shredded chedder, pickles on french bread), potato salad, cold pepperoni pasta salad, and overnight salad (lettuce salad). For dessert, we are making homemade ice cream to go along the blueberry cake I made.

Homemade corn tortillas that are too thick because I don't have a proper tortilla press and can't quite get the darn things thin enough (tips or suggestions appreciated), with homemade salsa, homemade refried beans, and shredded cheese.

Yesterday I made up a lima bean soup out of things lying around that seemed good to me and it turned out really well. Even the kids loved it, which is saying something for lima bean soup. I served that with homemade potato pancakes.

Tomorrow.....hmm.....probably a stir fry to use up some perishables in the fridge and to give me an excuse to make a big batch of rice that I can use for breakfast on Monday or rice pudding later.

Moros y Christianos

black beans and rice, fried egg on top with plenty of hot sauce.

That sounds really good! A nice frugal combination I'd have never thought of. Thanks!

Tonight, we're having General Tso's chicken over rice, with broccoli and carrot stir-fry on the side.

My SO does all of the cooking, which is amazing as I HATE cooking more than just about anything.

When he gets home from work, he is making him and my DD some form of tuna casserole, along with broccoli. For me he is making crab cakes and veggies. I really really hate casserole, lol

Edited by YLVD

I didn't want to cook tonight so I browned a pound of burger, sauteed some zuchinni, carrot slivers, mushrooms, onions, threw the burger into the frying pan with the veggies and then put two cheeses over the whole thing. Told the kids it was dinner.

I did make them a chocolate pie earlier today, so they get dessert.

I didn't want to cook tonight so I browned a pound of burger, sauteed some zuchinni, carrot slivers, mushrooms, onions, threw the burger into the frying pan with the veggies and then put two cheeses over the whole thing. Told the kids it was dinner.

I did make them a chocolate pie earlier today, so they get dessert.

Sounds like dinner to me.

I did 2 whole red snappers on the grill (olive oil, salt, pepper, lime juice), sauteed garden peas, big salad w/red & green leaf lettuce, & mustard greens ,flat leaf parsely, all from my finally producing garden. I tossed that with an olive oil, s & p, brown mustard, red wine vinegar dressing I made.

Edited by LibraryLover