Menu

Is it time for a different *hot* topic?

How often do you brew a pot of *tea* with your husband/wife? (on average)  

1. 1. How often do you brew a pot of *tea* with your husband/wife? (on average)

• Daily (or more?). We have lots of energy from all that *caffeine*
    • 5-6 times per week
    • 3-4 times per week
    • 2 times per week
    • Once a week
    • Every couple of weeks. We're not big *tea* drinkers here.
    • Every month or so. It's not our cup of *tea* at the moment?
    • *Tea*? What's that? I kind of remember having *tea* regularly once upon a time.
    • Other. (What did I miss?!)
    • I don't know what you're talking about, but I suspect it's not Earl Grey.

Maybe *TeA* brewing instead of Ham and all that? Ahem. This is very far from my usual comfort zone, so please go gently with me. A friend and I were recently discussing the frequency of TeA brewing. We've all seen different numbers, but they don't seem to agree with each other. I thought that I would try going to the source for all information--the Hive.

For the poll, the question is how often do you and your husband (or wife) brew a pot of Tea together? I know some people brew solo pots regularly, and while I applaud your solo tea-brewing skills, I'm curious about the shared pots.

Edited by Sun

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe *Tea* brewing instead of Ham and all that? Ahem. This is very far from my usual comfort zone, so please go gently with me. A friend and I were recently discussing the frequency of Tea brewing. We've all seen different numbers, but they don't seem to agree with each other. I thought that I would try going to the source for all information--the Hive.

For the poll, the question is how often do you and your husband (or wife) brew a pot of Tea together? I know some people brew solo pots regularly, and while I applaud your solo tea-brewing skills, I'm curious about the shared pots.

:lol:

I probably drink 5 or 6 cups of tea a day. But my husband doesn't really care for it, so we never drink it together.

He knows how much I love my tea so while we were dating he pretended to like it. Once we were married he confessed to his duplicity and told me he doesn't like it. How sneaky of him ;)

We like teA and normally consume, a fair amount of teA. But, dh is working 80 hours a week right now and when he can sleep, chooses to sleep, so, teA is not consumed in such large quantities at this time. We have high hopes that this will rectify itself in the future.

We do not practice solo teA as we really, really prefer teA for two.

Oh, and dd, the nearly 20 year old paramedic student - now completely innoculated to teA, having seen some unbelievably bizarre things in the ER (many of which are related to little blue pills that are added to teA to enhance the flavor), thinks this is a hilarious thread! My once very proper, easily blushing teen, is now sort of...well, nothing suprises her anymore!

She would like you to know that a. she is unmarried and not having teA with anyone nor has desire to have teA at this time because b. she's seen the outcomes of consuming teA from contaminated teA companies and prefers not to poison herself (mummy and daddy are very happy about this choice) so c. when she does eventually entertain thoughts of marriage and family, the prospective teA drinker will be required to drop his teA bags and prove his teA hails from a reputable source!

(I'm snorting from her response as I type. Who knew I'd ever have THIS conversation with my daughter?)

Faith

I probably drink 5 or 6 cups of tea a day. But my husband doesn't really care for it, so we never drink it together.

He knows how much I love my tea so while we were dating he pretended to like it. Once we were married he confessed to his duplicity and told me he doesn't like it. How sneaky of him ;)

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

See, this is what I mean. I think we have some folks who don't get the teA reference.

nytomt, I am not making fun of you. Once you know what the poll is really about, I bet you're going to laugh a lot (and if you're drinking actual tea, spit it onto your screen).

See, this is what I mean. I think we have some folks who don't get the teA reference.

nytomt, I am not making fun of you. Once you know what the poll is really about, I bet you're going to laugh a lot (and if you're drinking actual tea, spit it onto your screen).

I was just impressed by her, um, stamina!

I edited to fix the capitalization in the OP.

Edited by Sun

Well, I do wear sunglasses. I'm well-disguised. :lol:

:lol:

Well, it could be Earl Grey. But if he gets around a lot, well, that's just trashy. :D

I recently discovered that Lady Grey gets around a bit too. I like her. She's refreshing and has undertones of citrus!

This is funny. Now I'm curious is she means the type of tea you drink at social functions, or the type of teA ;);) that people on this board mean.

I tired to find a neat clip from the Simpsons where someone is stating the different ways of saying "sex". The person, who is not a main character is making big eyes, funny faces, and saying all sorts of different sounds that mean sex. (I don't recommend you try finding this clip if you have kids in the room.)

:hat:

Maybe *TeA* brewing instead of Ham and all that?
I feel very 60's ish right now. Make love not war!

Just want to say that I see I'm in between to deployment thank you's. My comment is not about that. Yes, thank you for keeping our families safe. My comment is about all the stuff between Ham and others.

Kelly

Edited by kwiech
Clarification

We like a quick seep brew a couple times a week when I am off but we really like our long brew time when ever our teenagers are out of the house:lol:

It's harder to have a nice long drink when you have teenagers. They just know to much:001_smile:

My 17 yo was just joking with me the other day. He said I know why you and dad can't wait for us to leave for Scouts. :blush:

When I told DH he just busted out laughing. He said its just the nature of a 17yo male:rolleyes:

My hubby is gone 4 days a week and home 3 days a week. We usually manage at afternoon teA least once a day while he is home and sometimes we even manage to sneak in an extra teA break as well. ;)

Funny story: We both came from marriages which mismatched desires so when we were dating we made sure to clarify our preferences. We both said twice a week. Turns out he meant at least twice a week (that's the least he would settle for) whereas I meant no more than twice a week (that was as much as I would tolerate). So seems like twice a week was a good compromise. Unfortunately, that did not turn out to be the case. Early on it became clear that he really wanted more and I really did not. That led to issue that had to be worked out but we are pretty much on the same page now I think.

My desire for teA ebbs and flows with my cycle. So, it averages out to a smaller number than those 10 days of frequent brewing would have you believe. Dh would love to brew every day if not several times a day, but he hasn't yet figured out that making the teA bearer feel special, sexy and appreciated helps with the brewing process.

:blushing: times 10

Luckily I wasn't drinking tea or it would have been all over the screen. I knew their was something funny about that question :D

:blushing: times 10

Luckily I wasn't drinking tea or it would have been all over the screen. I knew their was something funny about that question :D

Your post seriously made my day. Well, after I realized that your hubby didn't lie about liking TeA, and that you were talking about actual tea. At first I was upset with your husband! LOL