Menu

Things that I will never, ever, EVER do again...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, the first thing that came to my mind was have another epidural. :lol: Natural was 1000x better for me than the after effects of the drugs.

I will never again try to take care of my dog's anal gland problem.:ack2: Paying the vet is totally worth it!!!

:D The really disgusting thing is our vet loves his job and is a total boy! He likes to see which markers he can "hit" when he's doing it. My dds find it gross yet fascinating.

I used to work for a vet, that was one of my jobs. Ironically I found it an interesting biological aspect of cats and dogs.

We were going to visit my parents and took our dog and cat. The cat is usually great in the crate. However we had to stop on the highway for an accident. We were there for four hours and in that time the cat decided to express his anal glands on his own. :lol::lol: As soon as we figured it out and were able to stop someplace safe the cat got an impromptu bath by me in front of a gas station in the dark. Yup, he was a happy cat. We threw away his blankie.

Drink Gallo wine (do they still make that stuff? I was pledging a sorority)

Why does just reading Gallo wine make me feel like I have the dry heaves? :lol::lol:

Strawberry Hill.... Wow, you just brought back some memories!

Add to that: Get a tattoo, let my husband remodel our house, live with my in-laws!

This!

I love all the drinking posts. So many brain cells that I will never get back.

Try to do a flip on the trampoline, do a handstand, or a back bend. Basically anything that I remember being so easy when I was in 3rd grade.

This!

I love all the drinking posts. So many brain cells that I will never get back.

Try to do a flip on the trampoline, do a handstand, or a back bend. Basically anything that I remember being so easy when I was in 3rd grade.

Ohhh, once I combined the drinking and the gymnastics.:tongue_smilie: Never again!

Live with my in laws (we did briefly after we first married)

Drink Boone's Farm Strawberry (we called it 'tickled pink' worst. hangover. ever.)

Ride any ride scarier than the tilt o' whirl (Yes, I'm scared of rides)

volunteer to watch over a youth group lock in. I'm too old to stay up all night.

Drink Mad Dog 10/20. I was a teen. It was my first and only time to ever get drunk. I guess my subconscious plan was make myself unbelievably sick and miserable so I would NEVER do it agan. I'm not against a drink but I can darn sure guarantee you I'll never be drunk again. :). My "friend" said it was really good, especially once you drank past this detain point. I get really sick to my stomach when I see it. Why, oh why do we do stupid things?? LOL :)

I would never get married again if something happened to my husband and I'm very happily married.

Climb the big bridge across Sydney harbor.

Climb the big bridge across Grandfather Mountain in NC. (see a trend?)

Get another pet. Just not a pet person. I love to enjoy other's pets, just not one in my home all the time. :)

Try a home highlight with a friend. Yeah, not so good. :) But I did find out what it was like to be a blond.

Climb the big bridge across Grandfather Mountain in NC. (see a trend?)

Try a home highlight with a friend. Yeah, not so good. :) But I did find out what it was like to be a blond.

Me too! I walked out onto that bridge and froze. My poor scared mother had to come out and get me. I was about seven!

And when I was in college my best friend and I got a little crazy with a home frosting kit. Blonde hair and black eyebrows are not a good look. My own dog didn't recognize me.

Love this thread! For me:

Rappelling--Aussie-style, which around here means going down facing forward. Got a major knee injury after I slammed into the wall. The trainer said at least it wasn't my face! :glare:

Water skiing, which required a month of physical therapy afterward.

Eat shrimp. It looks so good and I've tried it many, many times but I still can't stand shrimp.

Paint my fingernails. They always get messed up within a day, so it ends up being a waste of time. I do paint my toenails, though.

Paint my fingernails. They always get messed up within a day, so it ends up being a waste of time. I do paint my toenails, though.

Ay, I'm the same way. A quick-dry topcoat will change your life though. :) I can paint my nails two - three coats, slap on some seche vite and they are dry to move around with in 10 minutes. :) I still can't paint in the lines though. :lol::lol:

Why Jessica! I never knew you had it in you, you saucy minx. I'm impressed! :tongue_smilie::D:lol:

Oh my! I assure you I didn't have it in me for long!!! LOL It took me months to remember everything from that night and I'm always mildly aware that there is a chance I didn't. :). Considering the several teenage boys I didn't even know that I was around that night, I'm always so grateful to made it out as safe as I did! I'm so glad my mother never knew. I was always such a good girl. She would have had a heart attack! Oh, I was soooooo sick. It was quite pathetic! lol. Also the only time in my angelic (LOLOL!!) life I had ever seen a joint. I was fascinated those two guys had homemade cigarettes. Another thng I realized later. Ugh!

Me too! I walked out onto that bridge and froze. My poor scared mother had to come out and get me. I was about seven!

And when I was in college my best friend and I got a little crazy with a home frosting kit. Blonde hair and black eyebrows are not a good look. My own dog didn't recognize me.

Well, I was in my early 20's and my mother was of no help at all. She scooted the rest of the way across the bridge on her backside only to get there and realize she had to go back the other way. It was a terrible sight! :)

Oh my! I assure you I didn't have it in me for long!!!LOL

:lol::lol::lol: I'll bet!

It took me months to remember everything from that night and I'm always mildly aware that there is a chance I didn't. :). Considering the several teenage boys I didn't even know that I was around that night, I'm always so grateful to made it out as safe as I did! I'm so glad my mother never knew. I was always such a good girl. She would have had a heart attack! Oh, I was soooooo sick. It was quite pathetic! lol. Also the only time in my angelic (LOLOL!!) life I had ever seen a joint. I was fascinated those two guys had homemade cigarettes. Another thng I realized later. Ugh!

LOL homemade cigarettes. lol You're too cute! hehehehe Ay girl, I'm in the same boat with you about drinking though. My older brother had his heart broken by this girl he was dating when he was 16 and he managed to score an $8.00 gallon jug of Albertson's vodka and asked me to join him in drowning his sorrows. I have never, ever, ever been so sick from alcohol in all my life. To this day I can't stand the smell of vodka no matter how good it is. I don't like to get drunk at all. I don't even like to feel tipsy. I do like the taste of rum, but I don't drink more than one drink ever.

Go on a family holiday with my sister - 2.5yrs and things are still strained.

Alter career goals because they don't fit with a partner's priorities.

Live in a house without ducted airconditioning (in a place that regularly goes over 35C / 95F).

Move country without properly sorting out all banking and other financial matters in the "old country".

Do anything related to tofu - cooking, buying, eating or attempting to feed to family.

Trim or cut dh's hair with scissors or clippers.

Make meringues in a plastic bowl that was last used to hold a kilogramme of minced chillis.

Put minced chillis in a plastic bowl that will ever be used for anything else ever again.

Let go of the bowl when using a wand-style mixer to make meringues.

Accidently enter a country without passing immigration control...

Go camping with friends. Done it 3 times now and its always a nightmare, camping on our own as a family straightforward and usually fairly enjoyable. Camping with other people is just disastrous.

I can be friends with them the rest of they year but not when canvas or tent pegs are involved.

Go on an anti-candida diet. Huge mistake.

Listen to anyone who says to avoid fruit or any specific type of fruit.

I'd love to hear more about this, as I can't tell you how many moms I've heard rave about their anti-candida diets. What's interesting is that the docs I trust the most, like Fuhrman and McDougall, don't believe in candida . . .

Go camping with friends. Done it 3 times now and its always a nightmare, camping on our own as a family straightforward and usually fairly enjoyable. Camping with other people is just disastrous.

I can be friends with them the rest of they year but not when canvas or tent pegs are involved.

We were "this" close to camping with some friends a few years ago. I am NOT the camping type, so that was already making me nervous. Fortunately, dh told them that the only place his wife would camp is at a hotel and ordering room service :lol:. My parents used to camp all over Europe (driving from Iran) with my 3 older siblings. Once I was born, all that stopped. They seemed to inherently know that I was not up for it :D. So, for me, camping alone ... not going to happen. Camping with friends ... absolutely not ;).

I'd love to hear more about this, as I can't tell you how many moms I've heard rave about their anti-candida diets. What's interesting is that the docs I trust the most, like Fuhrman and McDougall, don't believe in candida . . .

Very interesting about the fact that Fuhrman and McD don't believe in it. Wow. The candida diet was the worst mistake for dh. Pure rubbish and hogwash. He stopped pretty much all fiber because of their stupid suggestions - no whole grain bread, no fruit. Dh is not the type to eat LOTS and LOTS of veggies and legumes. So, his health really and truly suffered.

It might work for some, but it did not work for dh. ETA: It might work very well for those who load up on legumes and lots and lots of veggies.

I believe moderation in all things.

I'm coming to believe that when anyone says extreme things like "avoid all fruit" or whatever, to be very, very skeptical.

Gluten-free, btw, never made any difference for dh or myself either. A friend of ours, a naturopath, told me once that if my dh continues to eat whole wheat bread, I may as well start making funeral arrangements :glare:. How rude and stupid! Well, we tried gluten-free for a number of weeks. Nothing. No difference. He actually does better with bread.

I'm learning more and more that one needs to listen to one's own body. Not always easy to do, however.

Edited by Negin in Grenada

color my hair at home

blindly trust an MD

:iagree: on both counts. I don't color my hair at all. But if I ever do, it will be in a salon or not at all.

Don't even get me started on MDs :glare:. I could go on and on. Some are great. But few in my experience.

Dh did NOT listen to his surgeon yesterday and is trying a natural approach. We're very happy and relieved about that.

Exactly my experience! Actually, any holidays with friends are fraught with risk to friendship, but camping takes the cake.

Hotdog tea? Details, please!

Like all good things it started as a dare..

My husband had been boiling (vegan) hotdogs in water, he poured it into a teacup, and then everyone started chanting "drink the hotdog tea!".

So, of course I drank it up!

It tastes exactly how you would imagine, piping hot, hotdog water, but in a pretty cup. :D

I was like, "Ha ha!! I win!!!, And now, it's one of our favorite memories.

If I really think about it, I can feel myself drinking it, and taste it all over again. This is where I would insert a smilie with puffed up, just about to puke face. :tongue_smilie:

You can knit while skating? I am IMPRESSED! I don't care if you're the worst knitter ever. :lol:

:lol: Oh my gosh! I can't even imagine what would have happened had I been knitting at the same time. Last time I tried to skate like I did when I was a kid, I ended up in an ambulance with a dislocated knee.

live in Michigan

What's the matter with Michigan? Aside from the crappy economy, I love it!

This absolutely killed me! :tongue_smilie:

Do anything related to tofu - cooking, buying, eating or attempting to feed to family.

I once tried to make sloppy joes with tofu. That was just plain unnatural. Never again!

Trim a newborn's finger nails with a clipper (chewing them off is much safer).

I learned my lesson on this one the hard way. When my 5 year old was a newborn, I cut her thumb nail too close and it started bleeding profusely. I couldn't get it to stop so I called for dh to get the Liquid Bandage. Keep in mind---my daughter is screaming the entire time. I held up her thumb while he dabbed on the Liquid Bandage, and I blew on it so it would dry. When I went to let go, I couldn't. My fingers were glued to her thumb! And she's still screaming. He then went to fetch some baby oil to put on us to try to separate us. He put it on top of her dresser while he inspected how he was going to do it. Right then, the cat jumped up, knocked the bottle of baby oil into an open drawer, and the drawer got filled with it! I still am paranoid about cutting the kids' nails to this day.

Like all good things it started as a dare..

My husband had been boiling (vegan) hotdogs in water, he poured it into a teacup, and then everyone started chanting "drink the hotdog tea!".

So, of course I drank it up!

It tastes exactly how you would imagine, piping hot, hotdog water, but in a pretty cup. :D

This is too funny--but it's exactly what I imagined! Well, except for the chanting. :lol:

I learned my lesson on this one the hard way. When my 5 year old was a newborn, I cut her thumb nail too close and it started bleeding profusely. I couldn't get it to stop so I called for dh to get the Liquid Bandage. Keep in mind---my daughter is screaming the entire time. I held up her thumb while he dabbed on the Liquid Bandage, and I blew on it so it would dry. When I went to let go, I couldn't. My fingers were glued to her thumb! And she's still screaming. He then went to fetch some baby oil to put on us to try to separate us. He put it on top of her dresser while he inspected how he was going to do it. Right then, the cat jumped up, knocked the bottle of baby oil into an open drawer, and the drawer got filled with it! I still am paranoid about cutting the kids' nails to this day.

Oh my! Your last name wouldn't be "Murphy" would it?? :eek: :svengo:

Edited by Ibbygirl

EVER EVER drink too much, even if the kids are all the way asleep!

My DH and I were celebrating and we NEVER drink so I got a little (or a lot) tipsy. Then my DS developed a fever at 1 am and started throwing up. I was attempting to help him while running into walls and falling into the bathtub. Thank goodness he was too sick to notice! He is my hyper-reactive, asthmatic and all I could think the whole time was OMW I am going to have to call 9-1-1 because we can't drive him to the hospital! What a horrible mother am I going to look like! Luckily he waited for ten hours to react horribly and I was then ready to drive him to the hospital. I was terrified the whole time it took the alcohol to get out of my system though! I definitely did NOT get to sleep it off. Goes to show why I should have listened to my Dad lol there apparently is never a good time for me to drink in excess!

I said this one last thread too but it always makes me giggle to think of it so I will again- Skip down stairs when the ceiling has an overhang. I hit my head and gave myself a concussion. And I was fully grown and felt really dumb.

I hate cold weather. I hate gray skies. I survived 37 long, dark, bitter cold winters there... NEVER AGAIN. I now live in the land of perpetual summer and I am a much nicer person. :D

I gotta' ask. You don't find yourself bored with it? I guess I think that living with these harsh MI winters that I appreciate spring and summer more. But, I hafta' admit - the longer I live here, the harder it is to admit that to myself. I MISS the sun!!! A LOT!!!

So, you don't find that you miss the snow? What about the thought of a 55 degree day in February? (Like today!!!???) It's a serious question. Really.

Drop Acid. Really. Once was way more than enough.

(Need I say this was a long, long time ago...?)

I hesitate to admit it, but yes, me too. Absolutely never again.

Utter the words "I am never moving again."

Let dd8 stay with MIL.

Put contacts in after cutting onions and/or jalepenos (sp?)

:blink::svengo:I rubbed my eye once after seeding a lemon drop pepper (VERY HOT) and it was horrible! I can't imagine how much worse it would be if I had been putting my contacts in!

I gotta' ask. You don't find yourself bored with it? I guess I think that living with these harsh MI winters that I appreciate spring and summer more. But, I hafta' admit - the longer I live here, the harder it is to admit that to myself. I MISS the sun!!! A LOT!!!

So, you don't find that you miss the snow? What about the thought of a 55 degree day in February? (Like today!!!???) It's a serious question. Really.

It's a great question...one that I asked myself before I moved here. But the fact is, I don't enjoy winter sports. I don't like to be cold. But I LOVE summer events, love swimming, love warm summer evenings, love SUNNY DAYS. :D

And yes, the long winters in Michigan did make you appreciate the summers but for me it made me a little crazy...there were so few nice summer days that I felt pressured to "make the most" of them, ya know? I felt like I had to pack every nice day with some event because I knew another nasty winter was coming soon.

I don't feel that way here. I can easily have a "lazy summer day" that is filled with nothing important and not feel like I "wasted" it, because tomorrow will be just as nice. And so will the next day. And the next day.

It also lends itself to healthy activity. Biking, swimming, walking, running, are all VERY popular here and can be done easily year round. We can talk a family walk every evening without freezing our tails off.

I guess I am just a sissy :tongue_smilie: because there is NOTHING about a cold, dark, winter (or a 55 degree February day along with the dirty slush that comes with it) that is attractive to me. I'm just a summer kinda gal!

Hmm.... I'd have to say-

Drink tequila straight out of the bottle, even though I'd have to if dh and I ever wanted to recreate our first date.

Wear black lipstick.

Pee in a public parking lot, no matter how late it is.

Read anything written by Ben Jonson. I tried, Professor Cannon, really I did, but there just aren't enough A's in the world to get me to trudge through Bartholomew Fair again.