Menu

Things that I will never, ever, EVER do again...

Oh my! Your last name wouldn't be "Murphy" would it?? :eek: :svengo:

Nope, not my last name. Don't tell me that happened to someone else too!??!!?

I hate cold weather. I hate gray skies. I survived 37 long, dark, bitter cold winters there... NEVER AGAIN. I now live in the land of perpetual summer and I am a much nicer person. :D

I have to admit I felt that same way until this winter when I discovered the joy that is Vitamin D. And I suppose if I had the chance to live in perpetual summer land I would go happily :001_smile:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EVER EVER drink too much, even if the kids are all the way asleep!

....there apparently is never a good time for me to drink in excess!

I said this one last thread too but it always makes me giggle to think of it so I will again- Skip down stairs when the ceiling has an overhang. I hit my head and gave myself a concussion. And I was fully grown and felt really dumb.

I've gone through the "sick kiddo, drunk mama" panic myself. Not worth it. DH doesn't drink, but he also can't handle vomit from anyone but himself...

I hate cold weather. I hate gray skies. I survived 37 long, dark, bitter cold winters there... NEVER AGAIN. I now live in the land of perpetual summer and I am a much nicer person. :D

Ditto this for Ohio. Four seasons: Almost winter, winter, still winter, and construction.

- Clean base housing on my own hoping to "save money" before a white glove inspection.

- Take (then) 12 m/o and (then) 3 y/o to Disneyland all by myself.

Brave woman!!!

I will never have another child. Number 5 nearly killed me. I'm moving on to other things.

I will never do another cartwheel. I did one when I was 28, thinking it would be as easy as when I was 13, and I was in pain for a week.

I will never do another handstand, not because of what has happened, but what will happen if I try.

I will never again listen to Barry Manilow on purpose or buy another of his albums.

I will never again put an empty soda can in a mailbox.

I will never again say that raising a child is a piece of cake.

If this list sounds boring, that's because my life has been pretty tame. I've always avoided risky things that I might regret later.

I wish I could say, "I will never again volunteer myself."

Jello shots made with Everclear. :ack2:

Tequila shots.

2 am baseball in the street with a ratty tennis ball and a couple of wooden boards. To be fair, if I never do tequila shots again there's an excellent chance this will never happen again.

Be able to shut down(friendly) insults about the Cubs from my Red Sox fan friends by simply saying, "Yeah. Well, Buckner." Happily I will still be able to point that the only reason I know about Buckner is because of a documentary and not because I'm old enough to actually remember 1986....which does shut him up. I know...but really we're good friends. :D

Walk from the Shedd to Navy Pier in uncomfortable shoes that don't fit right. The blisters were unreal.

Ask my mom to drive me to the hossy while in labor...we can tack "have 3 babies within 3.5 years" on to that one too...3rd baby, precipitous labor, and a calm nurse informing her dd that she will not be there in time for the epidural...she knows, she's timing the contractions while she calmly stops at every single stop light/sign in the middle of the night even though we were the only vehicle in sight.:scared:

Wait for contractions to be 5min apart with a history of precipitous labor...see above...

Stand across the street shouting at a 3yo to "STAY PUT" while a car drives by. :eek::svengo:

Luckily the car was driving veerrry slowly...

Oh my! I did that to my son too! Of course the driver (a neighbor) was happy to lecture me on keeping my son with me at all times -we lived on base at the time, so everyone knew about it on my block within a day....Bad Mommy Award given by the neighbors, what fun!

Never again wear Rollerblades.

I love this thread! Here are some of mine:

Try to switch around when the donkey I'm riding backwards begins to buck.

Keep a feral cat in my bedroom for 6 weeks.

Jump up and down on my bed while 5 months pregnant shouting, "Out! Out!" to try and scare a feral cat out from under it. (Totally different cat, room, continent, everything.)

Blow dry my hair while holding my head upside down. Waaaaay too much hair here for that trick! "Ooooh, look - there goes Miss Christmas Tree!" (Got battery-operated lights, anyone?)

Walk into a performance without having run over the piece with my accompanist even once. (Doh!)

Slice baby gherkins in order to make dh's favorite pickle-and-cheese sandwiches while in the back seat of an SUV zooming down an African road. Never again. Even if dd-now-7 thought watching me deal with splashing gherkin juice was one of the funniest things she had seen in all her 7 months of life!

Head out to do weekly errands the Monday after birthing a child or having abdominal surgery. That one's taken a few times to learn, though!

Mama Anna

I love this thread! Here are some of mine:

Try to switch around when the donkey I'm riding backwards begins to buck.

Keep a feral cat in my bedroom for 6 weeks.

Jump up and down on my bed while 5 months pregnant shouting, "Out! Out!" to try and scare a feral cat out from under it. (Totally different cat, room, continent, everything.)

Blow dry my hair while holding my head upside down. Waaaaay too much hair here for that trick! "Ooooh, look - there goes Miss Christmas Tree!" (Got battery-operated lights, anyone?)

Walk into a performance without having run over the piece with my accompanist even once. (Doh!)

Slice baby gherkins in order to make dh's favorite pickle-and-cheese sandwiches while in the back seat of an SUV zooming down an African road. Never again. Even if dd-now-7 thought watching me deal with splashing gherkin juice was one of the funniest things she had seen in all her 7 months of life!

Head out to do weekly errands the Monday after birthing a child or having abdominal surgery. That one's taken a few times to learn, though!

Mama Anna

I just scared my own cat, laughing at that.

It reminded me of a book I read recently in which the author says something like, "The upside of adopting three feral kittens is knowing they'll have safe, happy lives. The downside is that your home is now filled with three feral kittens."

Jump out of a perfectly good plane.

Fly with a baby from Germany to Seattle alone. (The people on the last leg all felt very sorry for me when they heard the story! They also were very happy that we slept for most of that flight, and so was I!!)

(Due to government bureaucracy, my husband got routed differently, we left at about the same time but were on completely different flights the whole way.)