Menu

Have We Had a "What are *you* asking for" Thread?

I asked dh for a gift. I told him that if he thinks of three ideas to buy them all!

Hopefully this year I'll participate in the gift opening ceremony instead of just taking photos.

If my not to subtle hint didn't work I'll be out shopping on the 26th for a ihome dock for my ipod touch, a kindle, and taking a stroll through Pier One.

I wish I could ask for a Canon T1i, because they are on sale right now and they are a much better camera than what I have, but not thousands...

But, I hope that dh doesn't spend on me because we recently got a Bosch dishwasher, which cost more than I wanted to spend, but I have to love it because dh really wanted to get it... and he has such a sweet heart...

I'd rather have some money to pay a bill... isn't that very boring? lol

The best gift of all, though it will sound corny, would be for everyone to appreciate family time and the small gifts that they receive this year. To have smiles all around. To have siblings act kindly together. For a massage from dh at the end of a lovely day. To have meaningful hugs from my children. Yep, that would do.

Not my first choice, but it looks like I'm getting a new dryer. :D After several near-replacements that turned into repair jobs, the time has come.

Two years ago I got a new washer for Christmas. The fact that it was also dh's Christmas present helped me feel a little better. :001_smile:

I already have my Christmas presents= DroidX and video camera. IN the case of the video camera, we are using it for speech and debate already since first tournament is early Jan. In the case of the DroidX, I was trying to decide what I wanted since I needed a phone to go with our network and that was easy to use for arthritic hands. I asked on a RA list I am on and was given recommendations for the DroidX. I called my phone company to ask about the phone and found out that I could get it for a low price that weekend and try it out for 30 days. Since the phone was normally about 400 dollars and my price is 149, I decided to buy it and get dh it too.

I already have mine... Dh gave me a shopping spree ($200) to spend at Victoria Secret on new bras :) I love them! (Hmmm... maybe that should be dh's gift as well :lol:)

What I would LOVE to ask for is two tickets for my ds and I to go see the Cowboys & Eagles play this weekend... but that is just a dream...

What I'd like to ask for and what I'm really going to get are two completely separate things this year. :nonod:

What I'd *really* want is an espresso machine by Starbucks. :drool5::drool:

What I'm getting is a joint Christmas gift with dh- a new computer- since the monitor on his died (and the box was getting really old). :banghead: We haven't decided if we're going to go Mac or PC yet. If it's a Mac it'll be more my present than his but time will tell which way we go.

Sigh. Not really what I had in mind.

Christmas is mostly for the kiddos anyways but I do like to open a thing or two with them. I won't complain though, we're very blessed. :)

I'm not sure.

This year my husband really, really, wanted a thing so we decided he'd go ahead and get it and it would be his Christmas gift. In fact, he got it and has used it several times but my daughter doesn't know that. He hides them each time afterward and we'll wrap them up and put them under the tree.

So, since he got his gift, I'm going to get mine this year. I really don't know what to get, though. There are a few things I really want but . . . I don't know.

I want an embroidery scroll and frame (like a lap desk). They're so expensive, though.

I'd like some clothes but I hate shopping.

I'd like memberships to the art museum, history museum, zoo, and aquarium.

I'd like some new furniture but that's out of the question.

I'd like to have a class in cooking or embroidery.

I'd like a pasta machine, food processor, or kitchen aid (with pasta maker attachment).

I certainly can't have all of it and I really dont' know what I'll choose.

We usually don't buy each other anything and spend what little we have on the kids. Although my husband is not very sneaky and I found out he got me a GPS. SHHHH :lol: And now I have to act super suprised because he never gets nme anything and I have no clue how he afforded what he got me.

He's been asking me to tell him something that I really want--something I will be disappointed if I don't get it. There are two things I really want, but both (this camera and this netbook) are pretty expensive, so I'd actually be pretty surprised if either of them showed up under my Christmas tree. I've been saving my tutoring money, and I have enough to buy them myself, but I've been hoping for a really good sale on them, which hasn't happened yet.

I also included some less expensive items on my list (Today’s Parallel Bible, folding mini trampoline, shoes, slippers, games, Roku player, windchimes, and gift cards to Yankee Candle, Amazon/Kindle, Bath & Body Works). He has a lot fo choose from, so I'm sure I'll be surprised!

Edited by ereks mom

I've asked my husband to get me a watch.

I gave my daughter a bunch of ideas so that I might be surprised about something: a meat thermometer, a big pottery tea mug, origami paper. I bet she picks origami paper.

My parents told us all that this year they're giving cash to the adults in the family. Shopping, wrapping, and shipping have just gotten to be too much for my mother. My inlaws always give us cash too. The trick will be actually spending some money on myself instead of just putting in the bank for billpaying down the road.

I have it now but I wanted a Knitpicks interchangeable needle set. It is really nice and I can't wait to use it. I really wanted the harmony wood set but it is a lot more expensive.

I also picked up some pretty sock yarn so it quailified for free shipping. I got the one called Hearth and I am going to make some nice socks with pumpkins on the cuff because I think it would be a lot of fun. :001_smile:

The quilt store 17 miles from my home has a 50% off sale on Dec. 28th and 29th. They have a great business and always order fresh stock for the new year so ALL fabric is discounted. I asked Dh if he'd take me to spend some money at there and not have anything under the tree from he and the children.

GRINNING HERE! He's taking me and he will carry all of the bolts around and such.

Faith

I asked for books. The book on the top of my list is an exhaustive concordance for Bible study.

What do I need? A new cell phone.

What do I want? I'd love an e-reader or new All-Clad pots or a Le Creuset pot. (Make that anything out of that lovely Williams-Sonoma catalog that I received in yesterday's mail . . .:tongue_smilie:) My mom just told me that my dad bought my sisters a Wii for Christmas. That sounds nice, too.

Oh, to wish. ;)

I'm using mine right now-a Kindle. Sitting here at Six Flags TX while my boys are riding Shock Wave, surfing WTM and getting ready to read Brothers Karamazov.

In my stocking I'll get a strawberry huller, a pineapple slicer, and a lettuce knife. Hubby also likes to take the boys to Yankee Candle to let them each pick a votive candle. I think that's plenty!

We've been prayerfully ttc, so my initial thought is "a baby". :001_wub:

I'd like a skillet and a food processor, LOL I'm SUCH a mom.

Ha Ha....I read this as "playing ttc"

That's a fun game!

I want a new phone, but need to pick one out and maybe a Kindle or a new chair (leopard print) to create a "quiet time with God" corner in our room.