Menu

Please say hi here if ps is NOT an option

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not an option--ever. My dd or bf will finish youngest ds's homeschooling if I'm unable. I wouldn't send my dead dog to ps. (JMO)

:iagree:I'll say never! If I died, my older DDs would homeschool DD9. I've made my DH promise me he would never send her to PS if that happened.

Edited by katemary63

Our public school here is terrible. It is not an option. That is the mountain I die on. If life circumstances make it such that homeschooling is not an option, we will need to private school or move to a better school district. We have lived in this house for over 10 years so that would be a dire move.

:iagree:

Not an option here. Not after what we went through with them. Contingency plans are in place for the kids to be hs through high school.

And I wouldn't elect to send my 'typical' kids to ps - even if I had typical kids. And I consider what my kids went through in ps as child abuse - thrown across the room - 'restrained', etc.... Nope. DH and I are in total agreement on this.

We don't consider PS an option. We've even factored homeschooling in to our life insurance decisions.

:iagree: :001_smile: I am realistic though, that something out of my control could happen and ps might be the only option. It would be a last resort--but I've learned that life can be full of surprises. I will do everything in my power to keep my kids home.

Edited by homeschoolally

If located in the US of A, public school is not an option in the wildest of dreams as of current situation, nor are the private schools nearby. The only brick and mortar option are several boarding schools, but even that would be a hard choice to make.

If located in most of EU, public school is a legitimate option.

Add me to your list.

Public school was never an option from the day we started homeschooling over 16 years ago, until the day we graduated our youngest child from our homeschool. Homeschooling was what we were meant to do with our children all the way!