Menu

I know it's been asked before...where else do you spend your time online besides WTM?

You have time after the WTM????

Lara

No, I dont have time. I spend a couple of minutes on Facebook- thats about it.

Besides, I have tried various other message boards over the years, on various other topics, and none have drawn me in and kept me addicted and coming back anything like these ones.

Teeny bit of hotmail.

Teeny bit of Facebook.

I like to read, however, so I spend most online time here--but not as much as people may think; I leave the page up and the computer on as I go about my day, and just glance over and pop in for a couple of minutes here and there.

I also visit StephieK at enduringwithgrace.blogspot.com, and sometimes watch stuff at youtube.

- Email

- Yahoo groups (mainly homeschool Yahoo groups, but I don't check the message boards - I get a digest that I check via email)

- Political news websites/blogs

Up until a few months ago, I had a serious addiction to visiting a certain political forum. It was fantastic to be so up to date on EVERYTHING, but I was wasting way to much time there and had to stop. I successfully weaned myself from that forum, only to find WTM. So WTM has now become like a "rebound addiction". I need an intervention... :tongue_smilie:

I stopped doing Facebook a year ago - too much of a time sink for me...

There's more to the internet?

Oh, that's right, I buy books online too :p

There are other places on-line? :001_huh:

Actually, I visit Amazon frequently and a few other informational sites occasionally but this is the only board I visit and I don't read any blogs.

:lol:

I check on my kids on FB, check the news and weather, browse Free Republic and read interesting news links, look for new books on Amazon to get from the library, and play sudoku. Sometimes I watch rock groups on YouTube. I wonder about a lot of things, and research the answers online.

Edited by RoughCollie

Glad I'm not the only who plays on Webkinz....don't think I've ever admitted that to anyone. Although if asked, I will deny it. :D

e-mail (yahoo groups)

Absolute Writer Watercooler forum

my blog

reading my list of other blogs I like

facebook

Webkinz--my dds got me one last year and I play for fun sometimes

:001_smile:

I visit my Facebook, drudge report, check email, and visit a bunch of homeschooling blogs, and in the evening, I settle in to my favorite web radio show on WindowsToLiberty.com, there's a chat room in there, and we talk about politics and everything going on right now! They are a great group of people there, just a bunch of friends chatting about while we listen to the guest on the radio. (radio show is from 830-1030pm Eastern time, Monday through Sat). It's one of my favorite places once the kids are in bed!

I wonder about a lot of things, and research the answers online.

Gads. That's me. I have a love/hate relationship with the internet. It is a time suck, but I don't know what I'd do without it as an information junkie. Yeah, I wonder about a lot of things too, which leads me to wonder about other things, which, well, you get the idea :001_smile:. For a kid who adored encyclopedias, the internet is almost too much!

Other than here and another homeschool forum, I frequently visit

a photography forum and a few photog related blogs

a forum for violin teachers

facebook

hotmail

news--local and foxnews/cnn

a handful of paper art blogs

A few years ago I realized everything I did revolved around homeschooling. And though I love teaching my kids, it was driving me crazy. So now I enjoy my dc while also learning more about what interests me: photography, music and paper arts.

Facebook

Meetup.com (I belong to a mom's group there)

My MT school forum (I run a thread for people who work at the same company I do... it's about to turn into a new forum altogether, though)

Woot/news sites

MSN Games

BLOGS! I'm working on getting a blogroll on my blog because I have quite the list. I don't follow all of them daily, but I do follow them all regularly.

I've been on the WTM board for 8-9 years and I am spending less and less time here. Since I am not a Christian home school parent, I feel marginalized being here, but in some way this is my home, so I keep coming back.

I spend more of my time online writing for online content sites, reading the news, and reading home school blogs by people who do not frequent WTM. I also read my email and frequent other forums such as the Purse Forum, or the very feminist BlogHer site.

I love this forum - it is the first place I pop into each day.

Diaperswappers.com - my youngest is out of diapers now but they have a great craft/sewing/knitting for sale baords over there.

I used to love Sonlight but it loads sooo slooowly for me that it wasn't worth the wait time for me/

Ravelry.com

and a few blogs I love:

http://harmonyartmom.blogspot.com/ - we love doing the Sketch Tuesday and Barb always has such good ideas and lovely photos, too.

http://georgianaduchessofdevonshire.blogspot.com/ - Fascinating and addicting blog about the 18th century and one of the most popular figures of the time -Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire. Her sister site is below and is about Marie Antoinette, another endlessly entertaining figure.

http://marie-antoinettequeenoffrance.blogspot.com/

Edited by Mothersweets

I've been addicted to reading the No Longer Quivering Blog. The stories are so...well...sad. Reading this blog has opened up my mind to many things about fundamentalism that I was only exposed to lightly, yet still influenced by. It's been an interesting journey following their stories.

http://nolongerquivering.com/

This is a fascinating blog. Thank you for sharing.

I spend a bit of time on Facebook. I usually check around on Woot and spend a fair amount of time looking at books on Amazon. Where do you hang out besides here?

Since I started the Oak Meadow social group, I check there more than the general board. There are also 4 or 5 blogs I check regularly, but mainly I spend my time on a fabulously funky board for secular homeschoolers. It is freethinking and "grown up" in the sense that people don't have to tiptoe on eggshells all the time. I can get a hug and a much needed kick in the rear at the same time. I love those ladies (and gents). :D

I've been on the WTM board for 8-9 years and I am spending less and less time here. Since I am not a Christian home school parent, I feel marginalized being here, but in some way this is my home, so I keep coming back.

:grouphug: Oh yeah. I definitely know that feeling.

I feel exactly the same.

Well, almost exactly the same. :001_smile:

Exchange "8-9 years" and switch it to "over 10 years."

Then take out the words "Christian home school parent" and exchange them for "secular, liberal home school parent" then- yes- I feel exactly the same.

I suppose if two very different types of people feel marginalized, then perhaps this board may still be pretty balanced. :D

Facebook & E-mail (5-7x/wk)

My blog & links from the WTM forums (4-6x/wk)

Amazon (4-6x/wk))

Library Catalog (1-2x/wk)

And sadly, that's it now that I've kicked into high gear homeschooling :/ I can't really find any time to just explore, because I get sucked in, which is bad :) maybe it'll calm down again once I figure out what the heck I'm doing :D

Facebook (keep in touch with family that way)

Twitter (though I usually update FB & Twitter at the same time)

My blog (terribly neglected lately)

Sparks

Local homeschool yahoo group

Google Reader

News

"Work-related" such as bills, library lists, hunting up a worksheet, planning meals, etc.

I check Facebook a couple times a day.

Before I found this forum, I spent about as much time on the Writer's Digest writer's forum. I can't serve two masters, though, so I haven't been there in a while.

Every so often I'll post something to my blog/website.