Menu

Please pray for us

My dh, age 51, had a massive stroke last Tuesday night. He is as healthy and fit as a 51-year-old can be, 3-time Ironman finisher, the bafflement of all the doctors as to why he would have a stroke. He is paralyzed on his right side and cannot speak. His mind is all there and is trapped inside. Our kids are ds15 (today is his birthday, Crappy Birthday to You Son :( ) and dd13. We would appreciate any and every prayer for dh to recover to be able to work again, even if not to be an athlete again.

Thanks,

Karen

Have faith. My Mom had a stroke which knocked out her speech and right side too. It was 2 years ago, and she was 81 at the time. It took a year, but she had a complete recovery. It took work and will on her part, but it was a truly amazing thing to witness. I remember what it was like in those first few days. You can't believe that a recovery is possible, even likely. Hang in there! :grouphug:

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I had a stroke a few years ago, at age 31. And several either tiny ones or stroke like episodes too.

I wish no one had to go through that!

Your hubby will get therapy to help. It's frustrating and scary and such, but he'll probably make good progress and maybe complete also.

I watch the Ironmans on Universal Sports. He won't be the first stroke victim to compete again!

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I had a stroke a few years ago, at age 31. And several either tiny ones or stroke like episodes too.

I wish no one had to go through that!

Your hubby will get therapy to help. It's frustrating and scary and such, but he'll probably make good progress and maybe complete also.

I watch the Ironmans on Universal Sports. He won't be the first stroke victim to compete again!

I'm so sorry! But, have faith, as someone else said. :) I know a lady around your dh's age who had a stroke last August. She's a nurse and it happened at work. The doctors didn't think she'd make it, even with the quick response. They even called her son home from Iraq. Today, she's walking on her own, her speech is a bit slower than normal, but clear, and through her rehab is recovering use of her arm. There are so many good therapies for stroke victims these days. I'm praying your dh responds well and recovers!

I'm so sorry--my prayers are with you. My mom had a heart attack and stroke a week after my younger brother died. It was very traumatic, but her recovery was good and they actually found out why. We spent half the year in and out of the hospital fixing the problem--but it was so worth it. Her recovery was excellent. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. :grouphug:

Tori

My dh, age 51, had a massive stroke last Tuesday night. He is as healthy and fit as a 51-year-old can be, 3-time Ironman finisher, the bafflement of all the doctors as to why he would have a stroke. He is paralyzed on his right side and cannot speak. His mind is all there and is trapped inside. Our kids are ds15 (today is his birthday, Crappy Birthday to You Son :( ) and dd13. We would appreciate any and every prayer for dh to recover to be able to work again, even if not to be an athlete again.

Thanks,

Karen

For sure I'm praying.

Thanks,

Karen

Yes, will offer your dh, you and family up for prayer. :grouphug:

The lady at the end of our road had a stroke... couldn't talk... "no hope of recovery". She's much older.. but she taught herself to talk forcing herself to say nursery rhymes... and she did well. Of course, this was maybe 10 years ago... But recovery is possible. Just give a bit of time.. Prayers for you in this really rough time.