Menu

Would your d/h watch...

Pride and Prejudice with you? Or anything Jane Austen? My dh is pretty good - he has watched Chocolat several time while I drool over Johnny Depp. But he will not watch any Jane Austen with me. :sad: And after all the football games I've watched with him. So do any of you have a dh who watched those feminine type, romantic shows?

Janet

Thank goodness I have 5 girls or I'd be all alone.

Pride and Prejudice with you? Or anything Jane Austen? My dh is pretty good - he has watched Chocolat several time while I drool over Johnny Depp. But he will not watch any Jane Austen with me. :sad: And after all the football games I've watched with him. So do any of you have a dh who watched those feminine type, romantic shows?

Janet

Thank goodness I have 5 girls or I'd be all alone.

No, but then I wouldn't watch a Jane Austen anything anyway. Dh will watch Chocolat with me, but it has Juliet Binoche, and if I swung that way, I'd drool over her, too. :lol: Chocolat - equal eye candy.

No, but then I wouldn't watch a Jane Austen anything anyway. Dh will watch Chocolat with me, but it has Juliet Binoche, and if I swung that way, I'd drool over her, too. :lol: Chocolat - equal eye candy.

I agree there. She is a gorgeous woman. Oh, do you suppose that's why dh watched it with me????

Janet

Sure. But mostly because JA is intelligent. If I were suddenly to develop a liking for really mindless romantic comedies (of which there seem to be a great many), he'd object. ;)

Ditto. My DH loves Jane Austen - general chick flicks not so much, though he would watch one if I really wanted to.

LOL My dh's favorite movie is Persuasion the one with Sally Hawkins as Anne. :lol: He loves the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice, North and South.... he likes the BBC drama movies. He cracks me up because he'll watch this stuff and enjoy it and even remember the lines from the movies and then he turns around and brings home some bang bang blow everything up Die Hard type of movie and then spend the weekend watching football.:001_huh: Go figure! :rolleyes:

Yep- he did! He'll watch most things, but he surprised me with sticking through North and South, when I was quite obviously drooling over Mr. Thornton. I tried to be discreet, but...well, it got the best of me :001_wub:

I will say that he *loves* anything with Audrey Hepburn, but that is mostly about Audrey Hepburn.

Yep- he did! He'll watch most things, but he surprised me with sticking through North and South, when I was quite obviously drooling over Mr. Thornton. I tried to be discreet, but...well, it got the best of me :001_wub:

I will say that he *loves* anything with Audrey Hepburn, but that is mostly about Audrey Hepburn.

LOL Mr. Thornton wasn't my type at all, I actually thought he looked a bit Harry Potterish, but when we got to the end of the movie and he kisses Miss Hale at the train station... woah nellie!! :svengo: That wasn't not Pride and Prejudice kiss to be sure! I had to fan my cheeks after that one. :blushing: :lol:

My husband would not watch any Jane Austen with me. I live in an all male household. One day I said no more guy movies (war sports, etc) until we watch Pride and Prejudice. Guess what? My guys loved it. My husband is a converted Jane Austen fan. He found her very funny. He loved the wit in the movie. Now, not only will he watch, he will enjoy!

LOL Mr. Thornton wasn't my type at all, I actually thought he looked a bit Harry Potterish, but when we got to the end of the movie and he kisses Miss Hale at the train station... woah nellie!! :svengo: That wasn't not Pride and Prejudice kiss to be sure! I had to fan my cheeks after that one. :blushing: :lol:

You know, he is not my type either! I hadn't thought of Harry Potter (:lol:), was thinking more Bear Grylls from Man Vs. Wild. I started getting interested when he lost his temper at her refusal....but when Miss Hale drove away in the carriage and he growled "Look back at me" I fell hard. And the kiss.......:svengo:

My DH does not like violent or scary movies. He isn't a sports type of guy but does watch University of Memphis Tigers basketball games. He is quite an intellectual type person, choosing to read or do logic puzzles rather than watch tv. I'm not sure how he and I got together as I'm the opposite! :tongue_smilie: He enjoys romantic comedies. He's a very romantic man, something I absolutely adore about him. And it's Britcom night! It's our favorite evening of the week. :)

My DH does not like violent or scary movies. He isn't a sports type of guy but does watch University of Memphis Tigers basketball games. He is quite an intellectual type person, choosing to read or do logic puzzles rather than watch tv. I'm not sure how he and I got together as I'm the opposite! :tongue_smilie: He enjoys romantic comedies. He's a very romantic man, something I absolutely adore about him. And it's Britcom night! It's our favorite evening of the week. :)

Hey, we watch all the British comedies on PBS on Saturday. Pizza, beer and PBS. Dh's favorite is Last of the Summer Wine; says he's starting to identify with those old geezers.

Janet

You know, he is not my type either! I hadn't thought of Harry Potter (:lol:), was thinking more Bear Grylls from Man Vs. Wild. I started getting interested when he lost his temper at her refusal....but when Miss Hale drove away in the carriage and he growled "Look back at me" I fell hard. And the kiss.......:svengo:

Alright! Stop it! I think it's time to watch this again. :lol:

LOL... no!! Hubby watches ESPN, sports, news, action movies. He'd prefer hanging with the guys in the man cave with a good cigar over Jane Austen's movies. :D

Why not try getting together a group of ladies for a movie night? We do this once a year -- watch the BBC version of Pride & Prejudice. Do a "tea party" with munchies and fancy snacks. It is fun!!

You know, he is not my type either! I hadn't thought of Harry Potter , was thinking more Bear Grylls from Man Vs. Wild. I started getting interested when he lost his temper at her refusal....but when Miss Hale drove away in the carriage and he growled "Look back at me" I fell hard. And the kiss.......:svengo:

Oh yes!! The Look at me! How could I forget! yeah, Mr. Thornton had it goin on! who knew Harry Potter could be hot! :p lol

Alright! Stop it! I think it's time to watch this again. :lol:

hahahahahahaha :iagree::iagree: yeah, I think you're right! ;) :blushing: :D

Yes, most definitely. All the men in my family enjoy Jane Austen. Dh actually asked me to put Lost in Austen on hold at the library again (I think we're down to being 26th in line now) because he enjoyed the fun of the time travel twist. That said, when discussing the movies later he always gets all the characters and movies mixed up.:D

YES:001_wub: and he enjoys them. He has bought the BBC Pride & Prejudice and North & South DVDs for me.

I did not contribute to the recent, ahem, cleavage thread, but I must say, I don't think Jennifer Ehle's regency dresses in P & P has hurt dh's interest in watching with me :D.

YES:001_wub: and he enjoys them. He has bought the BBC Pride & Prejudice and North & South DVDs for me.

I did not contribute to the recent, ahem, cleavage thread, but I must say, I don't think Jennifer Ehle's regency dresses in P & P has hurt dh's interest in watching with me :D.

LOL and we get to watch Colin Firth. It's a win win! :hurray: lol

Not only would he, but he does almost every night! LOL We have all 6 Austen movies on DVD, and we almost always watch one to "go to sleep" to.

AND, for his birthday 2 years ago, he bought the BBC/A&E production of P&P (really, is there any other that is worthy??) on DVD for ME! Yup, his birthday gift to himself was those DVDs for me. :D

I love that man of mine!!

No, but then I wouldn't watch a Jane Austen anything anyway.

:iagree:

I've tried numerous times to read them too, but to no avail. I just can't get into them. I have watched "Becoming Jane" which wasn't bad.

My dh will watch sappy girl movies with me though without any problems. He's not into sports but does love Battlestar Galactica and I don't care for it to much, but will watch it from time to time with him.

I control the Netflix queue and 90% of what we watch are dramas or thrillers, or action/adventures. The other 10% is girl stuff, Jane Austen included and he'll watch. But I rather watch chick stuff on my own when he's away and watch other stuff we both truly enjoy when we're together.

My husband won't watch any movies with me. He's a big ol' stick in the mud about movies. I happen to luuurrve movies. It was a point of contention early in our marriage.

After 17 years of marriage I've stopped asking him to go to the movies, and after 17 years of marriage, he every now and then, will go to a movie with me.

Watching them together at home? Never. We do watch some tv shows together every once in a while.

Yes. Multiple times. And he likes them. He has even introduced his (bachelor, mid-to-late 30s) co-worker to the A&E (5 hour long) Pride & Prejudice. Co-worker immediately went out and bought it, and watched it daily for a while. (He was smitten with Elizabeth & loved Lady Catherine's character. :D) Same co-worker has since been on a mini-series-buying spree in search of another movie as good. He shares the movies he buys w/ dh, so we've been watching quite a few "costume things" lately. :)