Menu

Which talk radio show do you prefer?

Which talk radio show do you prefer?  

1. 1. Which talk radio show do you prefer?

• Rush Limbaugh
    • Sean Hannity
    • Michael Savage
    • Dr. Laura Schlessinger
    • Glenn Beck
    • Laura Ingraham
    • Mark Levin
    • Neal Boortz
    • Ed Schultz
    • Don Imus

Guest Virginia Dawn

I don't listen to talk radio. I am a conservative that listens to NPR. Go figure.

I find that public radio really is more balanced, even if it tilts to the left.

A conservative friend of mine had to do interviews with a variety of media reporters and said that the people from public television and radio impressed her the most with their manners and non aggressive questions. I like good manners. :-)

I'm with VA Dawn, conservative that prefers NPR. I especially love the evening and weekend shows (Prairie Home Companion, Click and Clack, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me). Every once in awhile I will listen to Kojo Namdi (sorry for butchering his name) and Ann... the lady with the really slow quivering voice.

If I want "news" I listen to C-Span ;)

It seems to me that to "make it" in that arena you have to espouse extreme political or idealogical views. I don't find myself in that camp so none of the ones listed appeal to me at all. I don't like one sided rants. My in laws and parents do listen to many so I've had a taste of it.

I like Dave Ramsey though and similar programs on other topics.

Chose Glenn Beck as I like most of his points. I am a conservative but very very liberterian leaning. My second choice for entertainment would be Rush and then Laura Ingram. Can not stand Mike S.!! Before anyone comments....I am not a sheep...I do look things up on my own using multiple sources, sometimes even venturing into the more liberal blogs to read. :) I find Dailykos very interesting. :)

I didn't vote because Michael Medved wasn't included :glare: He's my fave, though we don't get him down here (that I know of). I guess I could podcast... I also really like Dennis Prager. Very smart man.

I listen to NPR for the world news which I find is lacking in the American press.

Edited by BikeBookBread

None of the above. I like NPR... Click and Clack, and Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me.

Ditto.

I am *not* a morning person and look forward to sleeping in on Sat., but when we moved from EST to CST a couple years ago, I gladly got up an hour earlier so I could continue listening to Click and Clack and maintain our family's Sat am routine. :001_smile:

Dave Ramsey and local talk radio. I watch Glenn Beck on TV.

Seriously, who listens to Michael Savage? He is disgusting.

:lol: When I listened to him years ago and my ds was in the car with me, I had to turn him off more than once. We only listen to radio while we are in the car. Reception at home is sketchy.

I like Limbaugh and Beck (though Beck isn't as light-hearted as it was, say, 5 years ago) and Ingraham. I used to listen to Dr. Laura sometimes, but so many of the caller's problems are not things I want my dc to hear.

I *tried* listening to Air America when it was first on but, honestly, none of the shows were very good. Before we moved I would catch Alan Colmes every once in a while.

I used to be critical of talk radio, until I noticed that other people who were critical with me were only parroting what they'd heard someone else say about it. (So was I.) I decided I should really listen before I criticized a particular show.

When I started listening, I noticed that the host was articulating opinions that I shared, but I'd never heard other people in real life say aloud. I also got to hear opinions that I had on some issues criticized. That was interesting, as it forced me to evaluate my ideas and research them more.

I've learned a lot! :)

None of the above.

I'll take Terry Gross of NPRs "Fresh Air" as my kind of talk-show host. And NPR generally, as my kind of radio.

But blovaitors who generate more heat than light? Who needs 'em?

Bill

... add to that "All Things Considered" and I'm with you.

(does "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" count?)