Menu

What seating is in your living area - sofa, loveseat, chair, ottoman, chaise,

I have 2 identical couches facing each other with a big chunky coffee table in between them both. I LOVE this arrangement. They were hand-me-downs from my parents old house, but whenever we get around to ordering new furniture, I think I will always go with this arrangement. It is so comfortable and easy to visit with people. I love having company over and they seem very at ease with this arrangement. A big plus, also, is that we can slide the coffee table out of the way and scoot the two couches toward each other to create a huge boat of a bed that the whole family can all hang out on to watch family movies.

We have a recliner type chair in one corner by itself - a nook by the fireplace with a reading lamp.

In the one without the tv, we have a couch, rocking chair, coffee table, and a bookshelf, of course. In the one we use more with the tv, we have an entertainment center, a couch, an oversized chair that will hold 2 (tightly) with an ottoman, and an end table. I wish they were both bigger so we could have more of the oversized chairs - I love them.

Sofa-sized futon (which needs new cushions), stuffed armchair with ottoman, rocking chair, padded bench, and floor pillows.

We had the two sofa arrangement in our last place and loved it, but we have a small living room here and arranging furniture in it is a bear.

We have a recliner, overstuffed chair, loveseat and another cute yellow chair in ours. The room is wall papered blue and yellow...not our choice so we found some inexpensive stuff to use while we are living here. We move to a new house soon and I think I'm going to go with a leather sofa and chair and recover our overstuffed chair to match.

Our den, where we've traditionally watched tv, is a three-cushion sofa, a recliner that's been in the family for decades, and two smaller occasional chairs for the purpose of making conversation possible in case the den gets used for something other than tv....

Living room? Loveseat flanked by easy chair with ottoman, facing two wingbacks.....

Just switching the downstairs playroom over to a media room and that's got part of a sectional sofa in it, as well as a hand-me-down set of rattan fit for a sunroom. I say part of a sectional because the darn chaise is sitting on end in my dining room while we await my making arrangements to have the doorframe to the basement removed because the dang thing is 1/4 inch too wide to fit through it - dang nabit......

Regena

JudoMom...I must say...I like your style ;)

(I'll see if I can find my link to show you why I say that)

We have a couch, matching loveseat and 2 'big comfy chairs'. Accompanied by a larger coffee (perhaps more appropriately, cocktail) table, 2 square end tables and a round one.

I LOVE actually having seating in my living area!! hehe

Oh, the link:

http://seemeblog.wordpress.com/2007/09/13/the-new-place/

We have two identical sofas across from eachother. In the middle we have a giant round leather ottoman that has a wood tray below it that you can set up on the top to use as a coffee table. Then we also have a chair (it actually does recline, but doesn't look like a recliner.) Then we have 3 cubes that are at funky angles for additional seating. There are two end tables, as well. It sounds like a lot of furniture, but it's a big airy room with 20 ft. ceilings, so it actually looks really cool/pretty.

Blessings,

DeeFL

http://www.acrookedcrown.blogspot.com