Menu

New grandchild arrived! (and a bit of a spinoff of baby names)

Halftime Hope

Little Bit arrived about 6 weeks early due to complications that were making it very hard for her mama. Little Bit weighed in at 3:11, but she's strong and coming along very nicely. Mama was able to have what I would call a normal birth with a shorter than average labor for a primip and no injury or c-section to recover from. I'm ecstatically grateful for mama's sake that everything went well and L & D were normal, since she has health struggles, and since the last few weeks had been a roller-coaster of concerns.

Anyway, last I heard yesterday, mama is expected to go home tomorrow; baby may be in the NICU a bit longer, but so far, at 50 hours, she has no complications, and and just graduated off her tiny cpap (no O2). All she has left is the stomach tube. When she is tubeless, I'll post pics, but given her scrappy little self, it feels disrespectful to post pics of her as things are at the moment.

When she was born, ds and dd-il only got to hold her for a bit before she was whisked away to NICU, but during those precious few minutes, she had some darling indications of being a very strong baby with some unique-to-her, endearing behaviors that have proven to be her own 'mannerisms.'

They picked something unusual for her name, a 3-syllable evergreen tree name that lends itself to a cute nickname. They're already using the nickname I suspected we'd call her, and it's really grown on me!  (Please don't type it out if you reply. Thanks in advance.)

Anyway, that's our happy, happy news!

(Edited to remove some of the detail and make this more generic. 🙂 )

Edited by Halftime Hope
  • Like 30

I forgot it was this month and was trying to figure out something with last month's name. It didn't work. 😂 But then I caught up with the dates and yes, that is a very cute name! Congratulations on your little granddaughter! I'm glad all went well.

• Like 1

The name was one of those that I have considered since my parents let me pick my English name (added later by deed poll). My mom’s picks were Prudence, Helen and a few more that I can’t remember but would be in contrast to my personality. 

• Like 1