Menu

Name some companies you trust to do a good job

DawnM

So frustrated with so many companies getting things wrong, from pharmacies to restaurants, I have been dealing with having to fight for things I need/paid for/got wrong on an order, etc.....and by fight for I don't mean just a simple phone call.....it all ends up being a huge deal with quite a bit of time to fix.

Who/What companies do you know will do a consistent good job (or deliver a product) and you are 99% sure there won't be an issue?   (maybe they don't exist)

Costco has stellar customer service and I've been so impressed with my local Costco pharmacy.  They are quick and efficient.  Once they weren't able to fill an Rx I had dropped off until the next day, and one of the techs called me to let me know so I didn't make another trip back to pick it up that day.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

Amazon has always been so quick to resolve things but I rarely have issues and feel like I spend a bazillion dollars a year there. Can they see that when you call? 😂

I've wondered the same thing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

Amazon has always been so quick to resolve things but I rarely have issues and feel like I spend a bazillion dollars a year there. Can they see that when you call? 😂

Yes, they can look it up.
I needed to return something that I no longer needed, but it wasn't returnable.  Even though I had received it that day in my subscribe and save.
They looked it up.  "since you're such a good customer" . .. .   they credited it back to my account, so I could donate it, or trash it.

1 hour ago, Forget-Me-Not said:

Costco has stellar customer service and I've been so impressed with my local Costco pharmacy.  They are quick and efficient.  Once they weren't able to fill an Rx I had dropped off until the next day, and one of the techs called me to let me know so I didn't make another trip back to pick it up that day.  

In pharmacy school, the students would talk about the different pharmacies.  For dispensing pharmacies, costco was #1.   no graveyard shifts, no holidays, etc.  and they treat their people well.

But . . . . It was two different costco *techs* who refused to fill dsil's Rx the day after he was released from the hospital the first time.  The techs didn't pass the rx on to the pharmacists either.   They lied to him about it too, etc. "The person who has to approve narcotics is out of town for two weeks, you'll have to wait".  (there is *always* someone on hand to approve those.  *always*.) Because they were narcotics, he couldn't get a new Rx, and they wouldn't give him back the Rx he gave them.  He was panicking because he was in so much pain and only had a day worth of rx left.  dd was in CA packing up their townhouse, so she couldn't help.

He found the president of costco's email online (Not the costco website).   He sent off his "this is what happened" on a friday night, and saturday morning he had an email response.  An hour later the VP over pharmacy called him.    Long story short, - he got his meds that day.   He didn't know who the two techs were (they were phone calls), but he was able to give them the store #. (In AZ).  I imagine all the techs in that store got retrained.

(there are protocols for determining if a rx is fraudulent or not (his was legit), they didn't follow them.)

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 4

Amazon sent me the totally wrong item. I don't wear makeup and have no use for the set of 10 lipsticks they sent me instead of what I ordered. I ended up chatting with a bot that was able to give me a refund within minutes, and assured me that I "deserve it."

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

We had to call Roto Rooter recently.  The young guy who came out was fantastic.  And it didn't cost a fortune either.  But I do wonder if it all depends on who happens to be working at the time.  Also, I always get their names so I can ask for that specific person next time. 

Oh, and we used a locally owned lock and key company that did excellent work.  The old guy and his son came out and spent quite a while doing everything I asked them to do, no complaining, no arguing.  

Amazon has always fixed any problems I've had very quickly.

We recently found a great resource.  We ask our former landlord who he uses for whatever stuff we need done.  He owns about 10 houses that he rents out, so he deals with a lot of repairmen.  He's the one who pointed us to Roto Rooter (instead of a plumber).  You could keep an eye out for people like that, I suppose.

It IS alarming though how many blatant errors companies, restaurants, and stores make today because it costs actual money and some of them just don't seem to care.  And anything medical ... I feel like I have to watch ALL of it like a hawk.  

Edited by kathyl

As others have said, Costco and Amazon. 

Vitacost (part of Kroger). They occasionally make mistakes on an order, but fix it quickly.

Better World Books. Their used book descriptions have always been accurate in my experience, unlike some other used book merchants. 

LLBean and Lands End. 

Target has a good return policy and returning in the store (whether bought at the store or ordered online) is about as painless as it gets. 

• Like 2

Costco

virtisse- super fast shipping and they reply to texts.  We have friends waiting for 4 plus months for their pointe shoes (different brand).  And they ran a sale on pointe shoes!!!

discount dance - great discounts and super fast shipping

Boys dance too - great customer service.  They came out with a new version of their this year.  I guess they got complaints that they were splitting.  They emailed us and sent new pairs for free after they got the issue resolved.

I realize that the last 3 places won't help most people.

Le Creuset. I got a Dutch oven and a casserole dish as wedding gifts 10 years ago. The Dutch oven recently chipped and when I emailed to ask if it was still safe to use, they offered a replacement, no questions asked, even though I wasn't even the one who bought it. They just said "Pick a color and include your address" and my replacement was here in about 3 days.

(The chipped one is now our compost bucket 😉 )

• Like 3

Braun. I got an immersion blender from them. Children dropped it multiple times and it stopped working. I called them to see if I could buy just the base. They offered to send a replacement. Since they didn't have the one I bought in stock, I got the upgrade for free.

I also bought a $20 immersion blender for the kids to use (and break). It came with instructions that said it was not suitable to use with "crude drugs." 😂

IMG_20230528_075943.jpg

Edited by knitgrl
  • Haha 6

If you sew or quilt, my most trusted online source for fabric is The Fat Quarter Shop. I always look there first with the hope they carry what I want. There is an English Paper Piecing project I'm beginning and I could easily have bought it from the source, but I had never shopped there, so I went to The Fat Quarter Shop instead. This means I'm getting it later than many others who are starting this project and now know that shop can be a trusted source, but FQS makes me feel safe.

• Like 2

I have Lands End skorts (now my gardening shorts) that are older than my young adults, so 30+ years! The elastic is still fully functional although the edges of the fabric casing has worn through. I wore those shorts regularly, and everyday in the summer time, for years.

I've called Lands End a couple of times throughout the years to ask about removing a stain from certain fabrics, and they've offered to replace the item, even years after I purchased it.

I was afraid they would decline in quality and service after Sears bought them out, but I haven't found that to be the case.

Moen! We have a 5 year old faucet that started leaking. I looked at videos on their site to see which part we needed, then called. I half expected to get some rude person but she was so helpful and friendly. She sent, for no cost, three different part sets, in case I was wrong about the leak.

And Sweetwater music instruments has the absolute best customer service guys. They call or email after every purchase to see if everything's ok

• Like 2

Our local grocery store is Food City and they are great about always making things right. They’ve refunded many things without much of a hassle at all. Ds wrote the ceo when he was little asking if they could get kid size shopping carts like we saw in another store. The man wrote back, gave him a gift card and put carts in the store.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, El... said:

And we have a local HVAC guy I think is excellent. Not cheap, but excellent. 

We have a plumber like that. And we had a tile guy like that via the plumber, but he might have retired by now.

Meijer Pharmacy has been quite good. Kroger not at all. CVS is REALLY iffy, and their Caremark mail in pharmacy is so bad we call it CVS Skidmark.