Menu

Someday I will give up chaos.

Carrie12345

That day is not today.

We put a deposit down on TWO German Shepherds yesterday. 😜 

I have played this game before, and I always advise people against it, but here I am!  When we got our previous GSD-mutt and Rottie-mutt puppies together, I had 7, 3, and 2yos at home, so this can’t possibly be *harder.

My 11yo (who was born when my mutt boys were about 5ish) was up until 10:30 watching dog training videos, so I’ll have some help.

I’m generally not a fan of the puppy stage, but we want to do some intense training, and we have a small dog in the house, so it’s worth it for the end result.

A few more weeks to go! Wish me lots of luck please!F7AD14C8-A688-4907-BBEA-EFE58190B076.jpeg.90bef43d97d3237d38f60670142d88fa.jpeg

• Like 37
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Yes, that is going to be chaos.  Are they home with you yet?  They are going to be so cute together.  Ahhhhh.  You are just doing everything right now!  So exciting.

Nooo. They’re coming home in just under 3 weeks. Hoping to take the kids to visit this weekend. They’re going to be growing so fast!

We think we have the names picked out, but I want to give it some time in case we change our minds. 

Our running supply list is getting loooooong. 

• Like 3

They are so cute! We considered two puppies at once but ultimately decided against it after reading about littermate syndrome. But some never have those issues, or some like their dogs to be bonded, if they are stay at home alone dogs. I haven’t recovered from puppyhood yet, though, lol. It was hard! The backyard was too creepy at 2am. Lol 

2 hours ago, easypeasy said:

awwww. I love gsds. are they both males?

Yep!

4 hours ago, Ting Tang said:

They are so cute! We considered two puppies at once but ultimately decided against it after reading about littermate syndrome. But some never have those issues, or some like their dogs to be bonded, if they are stay at home alone dogs. I haven’t recovered from puppyhood yet, though, lol. It was hard! The backyard was too creepy at 2am. Lol 

Yeah, the middle of the night is going to be very creepy. Even though we have good moonlight exposure and two spotlights, things do live in the woods!  But I had to take my other dog out at 5am today because he’s obnoxious, so there’s no escaping the creepy for me. 
Dh can take one to work sometimes, so we can switch off. And we have a highly regarded doggy daycare nearby, so we might give them each like half a day a week so they get used to being apart young and regularly. 

5 hours ago, Baseballandhockey said:

Why two?  I'm not judging just curious.

Oh, cuz I’m a sucker.  
The first time this happened 17 years ago, we picked a puppy online and met at an adoption event to get him. He was the GSD mutt, and GSDs are dh’s preference. The organization happened to have a rottie mutt there, and rotties are my weakness. Dh said let’s just get both, I squealed, then panicked, then decided to hightail it out of there with both before he changed his mind.

This time, we were picking from a litter. We had narrowed down gender, but I wavered when I saw the females. Somehow, I pulled myself together. Then we narrowed down the 3 available males to two, and it made me sick to reject one. Dh preferred one of the two and I preferred the other. Again, he said let’s just get both.  
I tried to be an adult and said let’s pick mine and then go home and talk about it. He was clearly crushed. So I capitulated and said fine, let’s pick yours and go home and talk about mine. 
AND THEN MINE CRIED IN MY ARMS, RIGHT ON CUE!  
So this time, I panicked, agreed, and Dh hightailed it out of there before I could change my mind.

And that is how we are ending up with… Sam and Dean. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, Carrie12345 said:

Yep!

Yeah, the middle of the night is going to be very creepy. Even though we have good moonlight exposure and two spotlights, things do live in the woods!  But I had to take my other dog out at 5am today because he’s obnoxious, so there’s no escaping the creepy for me. 
Dh can take one to work sometimes, so we can switch off. And we have a highly regarded doggy daycare nearby, so we might give them each like half a day a week so they get used to being apart young and regularly. 

Oh, cuz I’m a sucker.  
The first time this happened 17 years ago, we picked a puppy online and met at an adoption event to get him. He was the GSD mutt, and GSDs are dh’s preference. The organization happened to have a rottie mutt there, and rotties are my weakness. Dh said let’s just get both, I squealed, then panicked, then decided to hightail it out of there with both before he changed his mind.

This time, we were picking from a litter. We had narrowed down gender, but I wavered when I saw the females. Somehow, I pulled myself together. Then we narrowed down the 3 available males to two, and it made me sick to reject one. Dh preferred one of the two and I preferred the other. Again, he said let’s just get both.  
I tried to be an adult and said let’s pick mine and then go home and talk about it. He was clearly crushed. So I capitulated and said fine, let’s pick yours and go home and talk about mine. 
AND THEN MINE CRIED IN MY ARMS, RIGHT ON CUE!  
So this time, I panicked, agreed, and Dh hightailed it out of there before I could change my mind.

And that is how we are ending up with… Sam and Dean. 

Sammy Davis Junior and Dean Martin? Oh gosh, did I just age myself! LOL I cannot wait to see more pictures. Such sweet faces. ❤️

• Like 3