Menu

Hug your children tight tonight

Scarlett

I am so sad. Our good friends have a young adult child who has a debilitating illness....a surgery could help him but for a solid year insurance and doctors have jerked him around. Last night he crashed his car in an attempt to end his life. He will live. Now with a broken back....and the original illness still is there. It is a miracle he isn't paralyzed. The parents are at their limit. My heart is broken for all of them.

The surgery was delayed until they can get his blood count up to 7.5 ish.

At first they decided not to do the surgery at all. But now it is back on.

The dad did tell the 10 year old sister everything. He said it wasn't fair for her to not know or God forbid hear it from someone else.

Maybe if they went to the media with his story, maybe someone who can do something to help him will step in.

They have had a public request for help but the young man had resisted media exposure. Maybe now he would agree. Personally I would like to see the surgeon or hospital sued because of the way they handled his case ( I mean the ones in Houston that we're going to do his surgery----not the team working on him now from the accident). Is really just unreal how much this boy's parents have done to try to get him help and then how much the surgeon and hospital has screwed them over.

But now I don't know how long he will have to wait and heal from this accident before they could do the other surgery even if they get the surgeon on board.

The surgery was delayed until they can get his blood count up to 7.5 ish.

At first they decided not to do the surgery at all. But now it is back on.

The dad did tell the 10 year old sister everything. He said it wasn't fair for her to not know or God forbid hear it from someone else.

I'm glad they told her.  They're right, it would be so much worse to hear it from someone else.  

DD has a friend in her twenties that has a chronic, painful illness. She is either in constant pain, or doped up on meds. It is absolutely heartbreaking to see someone so young struggle with something so sad. I can understand why they might feel they cannot go through the rest of their lives that way.

So sorry for this young man.