• May
    • June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December

I started to quote, then multi quote, then more and more of you said today or tomorrow or soon. So...

Happy Anniversary to all of you!

January. Because there was a three day weekend.

We picked January because of the weather. We picked a particular Saturday in January because it was a three day weekend.

• Like 3

Our wedding date was set for October because it has always been my favorite month. It was planned for the last weekend of the month because that was a bye week for dh's favorite football team. (His whole family loves this team and would have been unhappy about missing a game.)

But, when I found out I was pregnant and due in late November, we moved things to April. Ds actually ended up being born the same weekend we had planned our wedding.

August. Not sure what was behind the date but it ended up being two days after hubby's birthday. I think it was the date everyone and the church was available. I promised when we got married I would never combine presents for bday and anniversary. 20 years later and haven't broken promise.

Mine is in November because we were looking at auspicious wedding dates according to the lunar calendar so that my in-laws would have nothing to complain about with regards to the date. We wanted it to be on a weekend and so the November date was the earliest weekend auspicious date after our engagement.

Weather was a non-issue as we were just north of the equator and other than avoiding monsoon rain season, there is no other "seasons". We had our honeymoon in January as we wanted to go to Europe to play snow and there was a long holiday weekend in January due to Lunar New Year so we did not need to take so many days of annual leave. We didn't want to pay the Christmas season airfare and hotel surcharges.

Early January, during the break between semesters, which was a good time to leave New England and go to Hawaii.

We decorated with white poinsettias, and for about $100, the florist gave us a huge truckload of plants, including some impressive poinsettia topiary trees. He was ready for them all to be gone.

June, because it was the first weekend after college ended when we could book the pastor (our professor and friend) we wanted to officiate the ceremony. He had three weddings to officiate before ours, including his own son's, and was gracious enough to fly out on Father's Day weekend for us.

If I'd chosen for more than convenience, October or November would have been my preferred month as I love fall and love the idea of a rustic, warm-colored wedding.

August for us.  We were working around a summer AF assignment and return to college for my senior year for me and Navy assignments (in general) for him.

We had only decided in May to get married.  My dad was sure I was pregnant.  Nope.  Kids came starting 4 years later.  We just really saw no need whatsoever for a long engagement.  That was 29 years ago now.

No regrets.  We take a trip every year on our Anniversary and by having that in the summer it's been super convenient to organize even when the kids were in school and hubby was working for others.  In more recent years we've also added in trips on (or near) our "half year Anniversary" in Feb.  This gives us a nice winter trip too.

Happy Anniversary to all of you who are celebrating today - or yesterday - or anytime soon!   :party:

• Like 1

September in Seattle.  Beautiful and my allergies are finally better.  Spring, early summer I can't breathe.  September was/is a very popular month there.  

ETA: I don't know what current trends are, we've been married for 30 years now.

Edited by Splash

We got married in Sept after I graduated college in June and before dh returned to college at the end of Sept.  Originally we planned to get married the following June but my mother was dying from ALS and we needed to speed things up so she could be there.  I think we decided in late April or maybe May to get married earlier once we knew diagnosis.  But we were Catholics then and we had to go through a four month waiting period so it ended up being in September.  

My dd get married in late Jan and did it then instead of December because I totally put my foot down and refused Dec.  It was my youngest's senior year and since I was homeschooling, I was busy acting as counselor to her and dealing with all the hassles of college applications, transcripts, getting scores, and financial aid forms plus doing a midyear report.  I did not intend to have a wedding in the middle of that plus Christmas and younger dd's 18th birthday.  No, no. no.  So they did a late January wedding.

We got married in December. We didn't throw a wedding, just went to the court house. We were young and already had a kid: we didn't have the money for a wedding. I just needed health insurance, so as soon as he qualified for insurance through his job, we got married. It happened to fall in December.

Coming from someone who has never been married....

I've never understood summer weddings.  I mean, it's hot and you get sweaty easily and blah... it seems like winter would be better for brewing lots of TeA because it's too cold to be outdoors doing other types of fun activities together.

Coming from someone who has never been married....

I've never understood summer weddings.  I mean, it's hot and you get sweaty easily and blah... it seems like winter would be better for brewing lots of TeA because it's too cold to be outdoors doing other types of fun activities together.

Well, to be fair, not everyone likes the outdoors. I'd much rather be indoors on any given day regardless of seasons. I'm just not an outdoorsy gal. Yuck!

• Like 1

May, but if I had my preference it would have been October. 

DH's older sister got engaged at the same time and picked October. We didn't want battling weddings so we rescheduled for April (after October both families become a crazy ride of birthdays, holidays, more birthdays). The venue we chose couldn't get us in until May so we got married in May...and we ended up not even using that venue! 

After the fact I just wish we'd eloped in October. :P

Ours is in January. I don't think we even considered the holiday, but we saw roads being blocked off for a parade during our honeymoon. We worked at places that were open just about every day of the year and I think we returned to work that Monday. We wouldn't have normally chosen January but I was pregnant and he proposed the same month I found out I was pregnant, which was October. I didn't want to try to do an Oct. wedding though that is our favorite month and if it was up to dh all the guests would have shown up in Halloween costumes lol. A summer wedding isn't particularly ideal to me in this area due to the temps (even an indoor wedding, which ours was).

We were married in May 17th (20 years ago tomorrow).  It was exactly one week after my college graduation.  My dh graduated a year before me, and I was ready for us to be in the same place.  I didn't want to leave college until I had finished.  I was so close and had a great scholarship. 

• Like 1

January.

But only b/c  he proposed Labor Day, I was 30, and didn't want to wait until summer.  We choose Jan. b/c I was a teacher and could finish prep for the wedding at Christmas and then marry and go on my honeymoon without losing too much school time.

August. I think we only had a week or two between summer and fall semesters at college so there wasn't a lot of choice if we didn't want to get married mid semester (or wait til Christmas, which would have been way too long wait! I'm not a patient person lol). It was unfortunately the same week as my birthday, and two years later we welcomed our first son that same week too (I went into labor - 4 weeks early - on my birthday). So it's a bit of a crazy week but, hey, that's life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomorrow, May 16. It will be our 30th. We are taking a week touring New England...just hitting a few spots. We are in Kennebunkport, Maine tonight. It's been a rough year for several reasons so it's so nice to get away together!

We stopped in Kennebunkport on our honeymoon. We drove up the coast of Maine, staying at B&Bs.

Congrats on your anniversary.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

December, thanks to USCIS. I'm surprised it's tied for 4th place with August - I don't think we have that many southern hemisphere boardies, do we?

My parents once told me that when they got married (in September, fwiw), there was a tax advantage to getting married before the end of the calendar year, because you could then file jointly for that entire past year, even if (like us), you got married at the end of December. 

As far as wedding anniversaries go though, our upcoming anniversary is in June - it's the copper anniversary, which is 12.5 years.