Menu

Text from my son: "Kanye's new baby's name is Saint. I was hoping for Wild."

unsinkable

What is it with celebs and weird baby names? Ick. I mean, some are at least weird and pretty. Saint is just odd.

/judgy mom with a weird name.

Edited by Arctic Mama

What is it with celebs and weird baby names? Ick. I mean, some are at least weird and pretty. Saint is just odd.

/judgy mom with a weird name.

I'm sure Saint will be perfectly grateful that at least his parents didn't name him Fly-fornication or Moon Unit or Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii. (And I don't care one whit about parental rights in this situation. I think the judge was perfectly right to allow that poor girl a name change against her parents' wishes.)

• Like 1

Your son is right.

Wild West would have been way better than Saint West!

I agree..  Saint West just doesn't make sense... unless I'm missing something.  I'm an old dinosaur,  so many it has some meaning in more hip circles. 

I feel sorry for the little guy.  Children are not trophies or playthings. 

/off my judgy soapbox.  :leaving:

• Like 4

I'm sure Saint will be perfectly grateful that at least his parents didn't name him Fly-fornication or Moon Unit or Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii. (And I don't care one whit about parental rights in this situation. I think the judge was perfectly right to allow that poor girl a name change against her parents' wishes.)

This would be a prime example of the soft bigotry of low expectations :D

I agree poor little Saint got off better than some of those kiddos.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think Saint is a nice name. North is, too, though I don't like names that are plays on words too much. Actually I really like the name Saint West.

ETA: I don't think they were trying to make this one go together in the same way. I think they just chose the name Saint for their own reasons.

Edited by Tsuga

The "Sinjin" would only be if his middle name was John, I'm assuming.

Well, for me at least, Saint is better than Spurgeon. 

My public perception of Kim and Kanye is not the greatest. I think they are both narcissists and weird.  However, I hope that I am mistaken and that they surround their babies with love and that they grow up to be empathetic, kind, and generous people. 

• Like 7

Those names, and Saint, are actually banned in New Zealand.  :lol: 

Not sure why. 

You are not allowed to give a baby a name that is a title - Saint, Prince, Queen, Earl, Justice [or Justus].  I guess they are concerned if a child was named Prince Smith we might thing they were a member of the monarchy?  Tallulah does the Hula from Hawaii was apparently fine when the child was registered though.