Menu

Battlebaby and I are home

Little A.J. arrived on the 2nd of Sept. My biggest yet- 8 lbs 7 oz.

They broke my water at 5cm and I was holding a baby on chest 25 minutes later. :001_huh: I could hardly believe it. NONE of my other deliveries have ever come close to going that fast.

A.J. is healthy...other than the broken blood vessels from the quick arrival.

I felt prayed for and thought of- It does seem to me that this delivery involved a pouring out of mercy, because I just wasn't emotionally prepared to have a long labor without my dh. I'm tearing up just thinking of the whole event and how well it went. So how long can I blame hormones after delivery? ;)

And just to tempt my eyes to overspill one more time, when I woke up the morning after delivery and called my mom at my house to give her the details I heard the doorbell ring in the background. She put the phone down to answer it and when she came back she said I had just received flowers from my dh! He set up the delivery before he left on deployment and just "guessed" on the day. He won't be reachable at all for a month (Submarines! Sheesh). I'm looking at a vase of perfect white roses...Seven perfect white roses. I love that man.

Hormones........

Jo

What a sweet dh!!

Glad you had a short labor!

I've been told by women in the know that we can blame hormones until the dc graduates from high school. :)

Aggie

My dh was a submariner, too...it's a tough life. Thanks to you and your dh for serving!

Now you're making me all teary!! What a beautiful story, and it sounds like it was as perfect as it could have been in the absence of your man. What a dear he is (and a pretty good guesser, too, huh? ;)).

Enjoy the new little one. I'm proud of you, Jo. And, happy.

Well Praise the Lord for a short labor! I couldn't imagine having to endure a long one without hubby. So thankful that prayer was answered for you!! And how awesome about those flowers. Wow! I mean, it's just plain cool that he had them sent in the first place ... but ... the date of delivery? That's just too much! :D

Enjoy that baby. Congratulations mama :)