Menu

Baby Girl name help??

rawbanana

26 weeks pregnant and I'm coming up blank! I want something not SUPER common (nothing in the top 20 girls names if possible) and it cant start or end with a P (our last name starts with a 'P'), our girls now are Savannah, Ariel, Skylar and Jaidyn and our boy is Josh.

What are some names YOU love??

I like Maleah (muh-LEE-uh) and Eliot for a girl, but NO one else in my family does =)

26 weeks pregnant and I'm coming up blank! I want something not SUPER common (nothing in the top 20 girls names if possible) and it cant start or end with a P (our last name starts with a 'P'), our girls now are Savannah, Ariel, Skylar and Jaidyn and our boy is Josh.

What are some names YOU love??

I like Maleah (muh-LEE-uh) and Eliot for a girl, but NO one else in my family does =)

I don't like Eliot for a girl because for the rest of her life, she will have to explain to people that she is not a male.

Maleah is pretty when you say it aloud, but no one will ever spell it correctly, so I would nix that one as well.

Sorry! :blush:

Cool!  We have a Mary Rose and an Elisabeth Grace :) 

There's so much to consider for baby names, it gets complicated!  Name meaning, origin, historical figures (can't name your son Adolf, really), current popular figures (we liked John and Edward for our second son, but John Edwards made us wary), spelling and pronunciation (don't want people constantly pronouncing the kid's name wrong when reading it the first time), something not too common but not incredibly unique (per all those psychological studies), etc etc.

I'm 27 weeks and we are going with Claire for our daughter, but I'm drawing blanks on a middle name. But I love the name Claire! And Anna too.

Why not use a family name for a middle name? Grandmothers, great-grandmothers, aunts...they all have first (and most likely, middle) names. I personally think it is wonderful to have part of a child's name be a family name. 

I really, really liked Isabella, thinking we would call her Bella for short. Then Twilight happened.  :glare:

Exactly this. I am SO GLAD I did not name my child Bella or Isabella, and we considered it. We know too many. 

Honestly, I personally always check the social security baby names database to make sure my names weren't becoming too popular. Also, I would check baby-naming message boards to make sure that all the "birth announcements" were not including my child's name. 

(Yes, I'm weird. Both of my kids actually have very traditional names.) 

Your website just recommended Dorcas to me.

Pretty sure I used to refer to my sister as "Dorcus Malorcus" as a kid. Her name was not Dorcus.'

Edit: That generator just suggested I name any future children Madge and Barney.

:lol: too funny.

I like Camilla and Elyse.

Why not use a family name for a middle name? Grandmothers, great-grandmothers, aunts...they all have first (and most likely, middle) names. I personally think it is wonderful to have part of a child's name be a family name.

I'm a big fan of family names also, our youngest is named after my grandfather. My grandmother's name is Charlotte and I have a great grandmother with the middle name Lucille, we are considering both of those. We just haven't found the combination that screams "yes! That's the one!"