Menu

Sharing this pic of my son because I'm incredibly proud...

Hikin' Mama

Yay.  Congrats!  My youngest brother is at basic right now and I'm so excited for him to be finished in a six weeks.  From his letters it sounds like he's super excited to be done too.   :lol:

Super Cute photo!! You should be proud. Choosing to go active duty is such an honorable (life changing) path. Good luck to your son and his family as they navigate the waters of being active duty... speaking from a military wife with a lot of experience under her belt.

I grew up in the military ( Dad was an Air Force pilot for 23 years) and currently my husband has 19 years on active duty in the Army. Several years back... he was a Drill SGT training soldiers at Basic for the Army at Fort Jackson.

Many congratulations, Mom! That certainly is something to be proud of! Where's he off to next?

He is now at tech school and will be there for four to six months. He doesn't know where he will be stationed first, but one of the possibilities is about an hour and a half from me. I would love it if they could start out there, but I'm trying to mentally prepare myself in case they have to go overseas. :(

Can I just say that not only does your son look good, you look good enough to be kicked out of the Richmond Prom!

LOL! You made my day. But it's all Regentrude's fault. I'm wearing the dress I bought after she made a recommendation for it on another thread I started. : )