Menu

My Amazing Delivery

I just wanted to let you know that I had a little baby boy Wednesday, August 6th at 9:40 p.m. We named him Miguel Antonio Pro and he weighed 8 lbs 3 oz. and measured 20 inches long (my biggest yet!).

The most amazing thing about it was the way Miguel was delivered. We left the house at 9:15 p.m and got to the hospital at 9:30. Once I arrived on the LDR floor, the nurse at the desk asked me to put on a hospital gown in the bathroom.

I went to the bathroom, quickly changed, and then felt an urge to go to the bathroom (or so I thought). Before I knew it, my water broke and I started bleeding. I put my hands down to feel what was going on and felt the baby's head right there! I quickly went to the door, opened it, yelled for help in the hope that a nurse would come to help catch the baby but nobody heard me.

I then closed the door, and while standing up I felt the baby coming out. I was able to put one hand on his head and the other around his arm so that he didn't fall on the floor and I could pull him up towards me. Thank God he was O.K.! You can imagine the shock of the nurses and my husband when they heard a baby crying and then saw me.

I am recovering quite well and am home now. The children all love their new baby brother.

I just wanted to let you know that I had a little baby boy Wednesday, August 6th at 9:40 p.m. We named him Miguel Antonio Pro and he weighed 8 lbs 3 oz. and measured 20 inches long (my biggest yet!).

The most amazing thing about it was the way Miguel was delivered. We left the house at 9:15 p.m and got to the hospital at 9:30. Once I arrived on the LDR floor, the nurse at the desk asked me to put on a hospital gown in the bathroom.

I went to the bathroom, quickly changed, and then felt an urge to go to the bathroom (or so I thought). Before I knew it, my water broke and I started bleeding. I put my hands down to feel what was going on and felt the baby's head right there! I quickly went to the door, opened it, yelled for help in the hope that a nurse would come to help catch the baby but nobody heard me.

I then closed the door, and while standing up I felt the baby coming out. I was able to put one hand on his head and the other around his arm so that he didn't fall on the floor and I could pull him up towards me. Thank God he was O.K.! You can imagine the shock of the nurses and my husband when they heard a baby crying and then saw me.

I am recovering quite well and am home now. The children all love their new baby brother.

WOW! Unassisted birth IN a hospital.

Now that's a new one!

Congrats.

What a great birth story!

:grouphug:

Enjoy your babymoon and that baby!

Congratulations!

Wow, that IS an amazing birth story! I'm so glad that it all worked out okay. Congratulations to all of you! :D

Isa! You are an amazing woman! God bless you!

Congratulations on the new baby and welcome to the world Miguel!

You're amazing. Congratulations:grouphug: