Menu

board moving really, really slow??

HollyDay

An error occured with the SQL server:

mySQL query error: UPDATE ipb_dp3_adv_adverts SET a_views = a_views + 1 WHERE a_id = 3

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

Oh no, you are not alone.

Slowest to fastest loading for me:

Desktop

Laptop

iPad

iPod

For unknown reason, loading on the iPod is at normal speed.

The mobile site is loading much faster for me than the desktop site, and hasn't given me a single server error.

I just did a tracert (fun for your kids if you want to see just how a request gets from browser to site), and it REALLY hung and timed out after about the third hop.  Based on the IP address of forums.welltrinedmind.com, it would appear I am trying to access a server or servers run by CloudFlare in San Jose, Costa Rica.   Well, at least some of the servers are in Costa Rica -- CloudFlare seems to be US based, and it most likely the company hosting this site.

With the sheer complexity of the net in general, not to mention a gazillion people viewing the new ACA sites, i think it's just moving marbles through a straw (watermelon through a snake?  IDK, pick your simile), and will clear at some point.

You can use mobile view on desktop computers and tablets. :) I'm using it on my iMac right now, and the site is speedy, speedy, speedy.

Moira,

How do you do that?

In the bottom left corner of the page (any page), click the thing that says (IIRC) "Change Theme" and choose mobile.