Menu

Naked baby pics

I was given a "Sleeping Beauties" desk calendar for Christmas this year. It has a picture of an infant usually newborn to about 3 months sleeping. All are naked but most are posed in cute tasteful positions or in some sort of sling or basket and the privates are all covered. However a few are posed where the posterior crack is showing. Honestly these make me cringe and I usually cover the tiny tush with a sticker or doodle panties on them. At what point is a naked baby pic showing too much?

I have a picture of my nekkid infant daughter on my wall. I love it and have no issues with baby butts (obviously). My Dad, however, thinks it's too much. So, OP, you aren't alone. I think they are fine. We're all born naked!

I don't have a problem with nudity (IRL, posting it on the internet makes me a little nervous), but I recognize that my babies will become men and women and they will probably feel vulnerable and slightly embarrassed at such things. Therefore its been our policy to keep those things in our hearts, not on our walls. We have a few bath shots, but all of them are tastefully done. 

Well, I hate naked kid pictures in general, so... yeah.  :D

I have a couple of pictures of my own kids in the bathtub as babies/young toddlers.  But I always just had it of the top third or whatever or their body.  Not for any reason, really.  It's not that I have a 'moral' problem with naked baby pictures - I just don't like them.  lol

Since having teenagers I have learned to look at such pics through their lens. Some cute nekkid baby pics make the cut, others don't. Depends on how I think my teen son or daughter would react if I stuck a pic like that of them on the fridge.

Interesting. My Mom has a few naked pictures of baby me and I don't really think of it as 'my' behind. It is the behind of the baby I was but it really looks nothing like me now.

Uh, what exactly is the issue?  A baby butt is a baby butt is a baby butt.  If it's nekkid it's nekkid whether you see crack or not.  And let me ask a very inflammatory question:  why the concern about seeing the crack - are you afraid someone might get "ideas" upon seeing the picture?

I have a cupcake recipe all ready to go for when this thread goes south, by the way...

No problems with a side view, but the actual crack...I think that is just too much.

Why? What's special about the butt crack?

FWIW, I'm not bothered in the slightest by naked babies or toddlers. It would be much easier if we didn't clothe kids at all except against the elements until they went off to school (talking about the masses here).

TBH, I'm kind of bothered that someone finds it necessary to cover pictures of naked baby bottoms with drawn on undies or stickers.  That's just weird to me.  If it offends you, why even keep the calendar at all?

TBH, I'm kind of bothered that someone finds it necessary to cover pictures of naked baby bottoms with drawn on undies or stickers.  That's just weird to me.  If it offends you, why even keep the calendar at all?

Reminds me of the people who do this:

3.jpg

I just do not understand how a naked baby bottom could make someone uncomfortable in any way. :confused1: And I have two teens!

It doesn't bother me, personally, but I do have one teen that is rather bashful about such things. I respect her right to not have her nekkid baby photos displayed. Sorry if some if y'all find that jaw droppingly odd, but that's how it is in our family!

It doesn't bother me, personally, but I do have one teen that is rather bashful about such things. I respect her right to not have her nekkid baby photos displayed. Sorry if some if y'all find that jaw droppingly odd, but that's how it is in our family!

Teens get embarrassed about all sorts of things.  So, I don't find it odd to find a teen embarrassed about something like that or to want to accommodate her wishes - esp. if the picture is of herself.  I don't necessarily expect adults to have the same sensitivities as teens do, though.  

I think that's fine. I said that I don't have a naked photo on the wall of my teens. But the OP was about a desk calendar featuring random babies. I do find it surprising that an adult would find that at all embarrassing or wrong on any level. I am not saying they are wrong for feeling that way, just that it is outside my own parameters of feelings I think of as "the norm." 

Yeah fair enough-- if a teen didn't want *their own* naked baby bottom on display, I can see that.  I misunderstood and thought a PP was talking about teens and adults being uncomfortable seeing ANY naked baby bottoms.

Guest inoubliable

Why would you bother keeping the calendar?  :confused1: 

I cringe at that Anne Geddes stuff. But that's because, in general, I don't like babies. 

I am not quite sure where the hostility or anger in some of these comments are coming from. Others stated their opinion with out the anger. So I am confused. I made a statement, asked a question and them clarified what I meant. No argument. My opinion is different then others in this matter.

Having something that makes me cringe does not mean it brings sexual thought into my head. If i see a person bend over and their butt crack shows I cringe and in no way do I think sex. Mentioning showing too much private parts on a baby does not = I am saying it is sexual. Why would you jump to that conclusion?

Drawing on ones personal calendar is not the same as drawing in a public book. I doodle hats and toys, bibs and balls....it is mine and I see nothing wrong with doodling panties on an over exposed butt or a hat on a head or a pillow under a sleepy head.

Add your opinion. I asked and wanted others view. If I knew this was a hot button for a few, then I am sorry.

I am not quite sure where the hostility or anger in some of these comments are coming from. Others stated their opinion with out the anger. So I am confused. I made a statement, asked a question and them clarified what I meant. No argument. My opinion is different then others in this matter.

Having something that makes me cringe does not mean it brings sexual thought into my head. If i see a person bend over and their butt crack shows I cringe and in no way do I think sex. Mentioning showing too much private parts on a baby does not = I am saying it is sexual. Why would you jump to that conclusion?

Drawing on ones personal calendar is not the same as drawing in a public book. I doodle hats and toys, bibs and balls....it is mine and I see nothing wrong with doodling panties on an over exposed butt or a hat on a head or a pillow under a sleepy head.

Add your opinion. I asked and wanted others view. If I knew this was a hot button for a few, then I am sorry.

I don't see any anger, only confusion.

As to the bolded, I think a number of people asked because they couldn't think of any other reason it would make you cringe. That's why I asked in any case. 

I really don't understand this.  Is this another modesty issue?  For infants?  For older kids, even if I disagree, I can understand.  But a baby?  

For crying out loud, I have a picture of Mary holding a naked Jesus by some old master.

And for that matter, baby butts are cute.  We love them around here including my teens.

Then explain to us why a baby's bum makes you cringe?  Are you concerned that it could cause a teen boy to have sexual thoughts?  I really want to understand.

I really don't understand this.  Is this another modesty issue?  For infants?  For older kids, even if I disagree, I can understand.  But a baby?  

For crying out loud, I have a picture of Mary holding a naked Jesus by some old master.

And for that matter, baby butts are cute.  We love them around here including my teens.

Have you seen Firefly? You remember Mal's butt shot? It looked just like my (then) toddler's butt. Any attraction I might have felt for the man instantly evaporated.

Then explain to us why a baby's bum makes you cringe? Are you concerted that it could cause a teen boy to have sexual thoughts? I really want to understand.

It just makes her cringe. She doesn't have to explain it.

Ann Geddes pictures make me cringe. And don't get me started on Precious Moments. I'm not sure if I could explain why.

To the OP, I think your post got read in the context of all the recent modesty threads and that's why you got a strong reaction. Those threads were foremost in my mind when I read your post and responded. Anyway, I love naked baby bums myself. :)

It just makes her cringe. She doesn't have to explain it.

Ann Geddes pictures make me cringe. And don't get me started on Precious Moments. I'm not sure if I could explain why.

To the OP, I think your post got read in the context of all the recent modesty threads and that's why you got a strong reaction. Those threads were foremost in my mind when I read your post and responded. Anyway, I love naked baby bums myself. :)

No, she doesn't have to explain herself.  However, she posted that naked baby butts make her cringe and then was shocked that people were in disbelief.  It would help if she could explain why; then maybe the people who responded wouldn't be so confused by her comment.

So, I had to go looking to find a calendar with that title, that showed what the OP mentioned--not all of them do.  The pictures are just darling, including the one that showed the side view of the cheeks and cleavage.   I was surprised though that one of the "cheeky" photos bothered me, not for what it showed, but because it struck me that that precious baby needed to be "fattened up."  I was surprised that I had such a visceral reaction to it.

With all the trouble we had getting breastfeeding going, my firstborn took forever to fatten up--at three months he was wearing 9 month clothes, but you could have fit two of him in the clothes side by side.  :001_unsure:   So, it was kind of like thin baby deja vu.   :blushing:

Why would you bother keeping the calendar?  :confused1: 

I cringe at that Anne Geddes stuff. But that's because, in general, I don't like babies. 

I, too, cringe at Anne Geddes' stuff, but that's because, in general, I don't like sh*tty art.

"pro baby bum" lol!  Love that.

I don't see a problem and I'm rather modest.  My 3yo still runs around yelling, "I'm naked! I'm naked!" when I get her out of the tub and I giggle when I see her little bottom running away so I will chase her with the towel.   Little bums are cute. :)

I LOVE little baby bums, but then I love babies in general. They are so amazingly innocent and cute and completely unaware that there should be any reason to be uncomfy with themselves. Since I had to see little buts numerous times a day to change them, I just didn't see them as private the way I would a childs' but or an adults but. I have a few adorable pictures of my kids from behind as they are crawling as fast as they could get away down the hall before I get them dressed after a bath. Or holding themselves up to the tub trying to stand, and of course, a few tub shots. So far my kids ooohh and awww over how adorably cute and roly poly they were. I expect they will go through a phase when all the baby pictures will embarrass them, not just the nekkid ones. A lot of teens I know simply get embarrassed when baby pictures of themselves get pulled out.

I am slightly addicted to naked baby butts lol. My almost 4 yo still has a tiny cute tush and it gets a pinch every time I can get away with it lol.

I'm not a fan of naked front shots at all though. Not that there is anything wrong with the innocent newborn ones but its just not a way I want to display my child.