Menu

So my van is totaled...

Caitilin

That bites! Our car was totaled last spring. Our replacement vehicle seats 8 (Dodge Durango) is parked until we have money for a new engine. It will also replace our van, which won't pass emissions next Spring because of the dying transmission.

...dd rolled it with us all in it.

Happy birthday to me.

We're all safe, and OMG, seatbelts and five point harness seats work, thank God, but I now have to find a van that will seat us all again. :(

Oh my goodness. Your poor dd. Was she upset after? I am so glad everyone is ok. I hope your insurance gives you enough to get a comparable vehicle.

How scary.  SOOOOO glad everyone is ok.  I feel bad for your dd.  I am guessing this will make it hard for her to get behind the wheel again.  Just a reminder to replace car seats as well.  If you had full coverage, they often will pay for them.

Glad to hear all of you were okay. I'm also wondering how your dd feels about driving now. When my mom had a bad accident, she was on the passenger side and was injured but my stepdad behind the wheel was not. Ever since the accident, she drives. She refuses to ever be a passenger again.

:grouphug:  Oh my--hugs to your dd. My ds1 was the driver (and at fault) in an accident that caused ds2 to get a fractured ankle. He felt really sick about it especially because he had no injury at all. Ds2 had a hard time trusting ds1 (he drove them both to school) for several months. It's been 6 months now and things finally seem back to normal. I hope it goes more quickly--putting behind any anxiety about driving, that is--for you all. So glad to hear you're all ok. Hope you find a good van soon. :grouphug:

Most importantly...glad all are safe.

Now just think in time this will be a story to remember and remind your future drivers. See...your dd has given a classic example of what not to do.

On the bright side you get a new van for your b-day.

(I know this was a serious event and could have had a worse outcome. I am not thinking lightly of the situation but instead focusing on the positives since no injuries happened.)