Menu

CC - Prayer Request for DH

HSMom2One

Some of you know the background story on this, but I'll briefly share for those that don't. Dh had a minor stroke a couple of years ago and ended up losing his CDL because of it, which cost him his job as a truck driver. At the age of nearly 60 he had to make a choice to retrain for another profession. He enrolled in a program in pharmacy technology and did an excellent job getting through it. He's now graduating, is licensed and is finally able to apply for jobs in his new field. He's been out of work for over 18 months now and we desperately need the income.

This has been a real matter of faith for us. We've had to move into a rental because of foreclosure on our home, but we feel that God is giving us a new beginning. Dh's attitude is good and we're trusting the Lord to open doors. I just wanted to post this request for those of you that feel led to pray with us for a job to open up quickly. He has no experience other than an externship he did this spring, but he's very capable. There are a lot of graduates looking for work now, but I'm reminded often that nothing is impossible with God.

Please pray with us that dh will not only be working again soon, but that he'll get hired by a really good pharmacy where he'll fit in with the staff. I'd love so much to see him in an environment that he really enjoys during his last years of working before retirement.

Thanks so much!

Blessings,

Lucinda

Some of you know the background story on this, but I'll briefly share for those that don't. Dh had a minor stroke a couple of years ago and ended up losing his CDL because of it, which cost him his job as a truck driver. At the age of nearly 60 he had to make a choice to retrain for another profession. He enrolled in a program in pharmacy technology and did an excellent job getting through it. He's now graduating, is licensed and is finally able to apply for jobs in his new field. He's been out of work for over 18 months now and we desperately need the income.

This has been a real matter of faith for us. We've had to move into a rental because of foreclosure on our home, but we feel that God is giving us a new beginning. Dh's attitude is good and we're trusting the Lord to open doors. I just wanted to post this request for those of you that feel led to pray with us for a job to open up quickly. He has no experience other than an externship he did this spring, but he's very capable. There are a lot of graduates looking for work now, but I'm reminded often that nothing is impossible with God.

Please pray with us that dh will not only be working again soon, but that he'll get hired by a really good pharmacy where he'll fit in with the staff. I'd love so much to see him in an environment that he really enjoys during his last years of working before retirement.

Thanks so much!

Blessings,

Lucinda

I'm honored to be able to pray for your family, Lucinda! Please keep us updated on the job search. I know the LORD will provide. :grouphug:

Lucinda, thanks for updating us. I'll be happy to pray for you and your husband. My dh and I went through a similar-ish life change/learning/growth time about two years ago, and the Lord worked it to be such an incredible blessing for us. I pray the Lord's provision and will for you and your husband. Keep coming here for support and/or to share updates, ok?

I remember when he had the stroke and how worried you both were about him not being able to continue driving, and I'm so glad to hear that he has chosen a new profession. I'm sure it wasn't easy for him to make a brand new start in an entirely new field, so I'll pray that he gets the perfect job!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my! I didn't log on for over a week and just now saw there have been even more responses to my request. Thank you all so much! Dh has been out interviewing and there is one possibility that is looking really excellent. It doesn't start out as full time, but it's with the company that's at the top of his list. So far there have been two interviews and a background check. Next will be another interview with the the pharmacist and the store's general manager. We'll need to find a way to supplement our income for awhile, but we're pretty excited about him getting his foot in the door with this company.

Please keep those prayers coming, and I'll be back for updates.

Blessings to all,

Lucinda

Oh my! I didn't log on for over a week and just now saw there have been even more responses to my request. Thank you all so much! Dh has been out interviewing and there is one possibility that is looking really excellent. It doesn't start out as full time, but it's with the company that's at the top of his list. So far there have been two interviews and a background check. Next will be another interview with the the pharmacist and the store's general manager. We'll need to find a way to supplement our income for awhile, but we're pretty excited about him getting his foot in the door with this company.

Please keep those prayers coming, and I'll be back for updates.

Blessings to all,

Lucinda

Still praying here, Lucinda -- and thank you for posting the update!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all ,

Well, I promised I would keep you updated, so here I am. I have some bad news and some good news.

The bad news: He didn't get the job we were hoping for that I told you we were pulling for.

The good news, no, the FABULOUS news: He got an even better job!!!

:party: :party: :party:

I'm thrilled to tell you that dh got a full-time job with a well established, local pharmacy just a few miles from home and he starts the day after tomorrow. We are in shock because the starting pay is higher than he dreamed he'd have to begin with!! Thank you all for your prayers. God is sooooo good. This whole thing has been an amazing journey.

Blessings,

Lucinda