Menu

Tomorrow Is D Day For Me

Impish

Tomorrow is a huge day for me.

I have an appeal at 1pm to decide the outcome of my claim as an injured worker.

Part of what I'll be answering to is why I'm able to homeschool, yet unable to work. I've explained the difference I don't know how many times, but so far, it seems that the ppl I've dealt w/have decided, long before meeting me, what homeschool actually entails, and nothing I say gets through.

Anyways.

If folks could please pray that I'm able to find the right words to have ppl understand what the reality of living w/RSD is like, what our homeschooling is like, and have this decided in my favour, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I will gladly pray for you. My mother has RSD so I very much know what it looks like. My mother is able to coordinate for a dog rescue group but not work a paying job because she can control her day. She can lay low while things flare up. She can make phone calls from her bed and in pjs if she needs to. So, I imagine that is much the same type of thing you'll be explaining. Good luck. Let us know how it goes!

eta: fix typo

Are you on EST? I would like to be praying for you at the right time, and I will pray for you and hope that you are able to explain your situation. It seems like they have really put you through the ringer.

I'm MST. It'll be 5 yrs in May I was injured.

Like you have to use your arm to use your intellect. Geeze. How does Stephen Hawking teach others? Praying for you.

LOL! They'd argue that SH is *working*, therefore why can't I.

I'm MST. It'll be 5 yrs in May I was injured.

LOL! They'd argue that SH is *working*, therefore why can't I.

Didn't you say they want to find you some sort of work? Well, let them get you a job doing what Hawking does - being a genius. You can sit around all day and think for pay.

Praying! I find it ridiculous that your homeschooling comes into play at all.

So do I.

I'll be thinking of you, Imp! You must be so nervous! I hope everything goes your way.

thanks. Very, very nervous.

:grouphug: You got it. How strange, I would never have linked the two together.

Yeah, neither would anyone else that understands the reality of homeschooling. And therein lies the problem.

Didn't you say they want to find you some sort of work? Well, let them get you a job doing what Hawking does - being a genius. You can sit around all day and think for pay.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me!

Imp, I'm sorry you're still dealing with this nonsense. I hope things go well for you. We'll all be thinking of you... update when you can!!

It's ok, Jean. I hope your day ended well. :grouphug: I'll try and call before we leave, for a last minute pep talk, lol!

I've been up since 420am. Ugh.

RSD has been kicking up, huge. Stress.

Thanks everyone for your support. It means a lot to me. :grouphug: