Menu

dd's friend's sister is missing

Jeannie in NJ

my dd has 2 best friends, one since age of 4 and the other one is a girl that dd met a couple of years ago. The three of them are constantly together. Well the 2nd friend's sister , late Tues nite after the family was in bed they heard a crash and woke up to the sister (age 16) crashing the family's car into a neighbor's car and then she drove off. She has never driven even a little bit before. She is autistic (the police are including that in the description of her). All day Wed and yesterday, dd had been driving her friend all around off shore looking for the car as have many other people and the police. Yesterday evening, police tracked the car thru ezpass use at a toll booth in VIrginia and also the girl (Natalie) has her mom's credit card and it has been used in D.C. and in Virginia. Natalie CANNOT drive so someone is with her driving. Police think she might have ran off to meet someone that she met online. None of her friends have any leads as to how or who she might have met. Natalie and her family need all of our prayers. Also the family used to homeschool and Natalie left high school a couple of weeks ago to be homeschooled.

Guest inoubliable

:grouphug: Sending good juju and hoping the girl is found soon. Jeannie, my DH is a truck driver. We're very close to the whole D.C./Maryland/VA area. If you think it will help, DH can pass word around on the CB for truckers to be on the lookout. Apparently truckers do this A LOT. They pass around alerts like this and can check truck stops.

:grouphug: Sending good juju and hoping the girl is found soon. Jeannie, my DH is a truck driver. We're very close to the whole D.C./Maryland/VA area. If you think it will help, DH can pass word around on the CB for truckers to be on the lookout. Apparently truckers do this A LOT. They pass around alerts like this and can check truck stops.

That is an excellent idea -- it's probably about the most helpful thing anyone can do right now!

Jeannie, has the credit card company been notified to inform the family immediately if the credit card is used again? Is there any way to track the girl through her cell phone? Does the car have any kind of LoJack device on it? Has she posted anything on Facebook or sent any emails?

I'm sure they've already thought to check on all of my ideas, but I wish I could come up with something more helpful. Can you post a description of her and the car, in case any WTMers in the VA area might see her?

This is horrible. :(

Oh how horrible. My FIL used to be a trucker in that area,but unfortunately he no longer is working as a trucker. I wish I could help them out. I will keep this family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope they are able to track down who is using the card(if it is the girl or someone else with her)... hoping for the best here.... :grouphug:

The info in the link says they don't think she's with someone. I hope that's true- it's scary enough to think of her out there on her own, but to think that someone is taking advantage of her is just too much to consider. I pray they locate her soon and that she's ok.

we don't know why the police think she is alone. We would think that she would have been in an accident by now if she is driving since she does not know how to drive and the credit card was used in D.C. . I would think that the DC area would be very difficult for a non driver to drive safely. But there must be a reason that police think she is alone. Hopefully she is alone and police will find her soon. Yesterday police said that they thought she was with someone and now they think she is by herself. Hopefully they are correct

Still praying here, too.

Jeannie, has the FBI been called in to try and find her? The news article concerned me because the police almost seemed to be making light of the situation, like they didn't feel she was in danger. :confused:

Shouldn't this be all over the TV news???

Guest inoubliable

Still praying here, too.

Jeannie, has the FBI been called in to try and find her? The news article concerned me because the police almost seemed to be making light of the situation, like they didn't feel she was in danger. :confused:

Shouldn't this be all over the TV news???

I was just wondering this, too. Odd that the police seem to think she's alone at this point. :( I keep checking to see if there's been any news.

I wonder if it's possible that she abandoned the car and its contents and someone else is driving it and using her mom's CC. I too was concerned by the police statement, they seemed very cavalier about the whole thing. Sadly the police often don't take "teen runaways" or what they determine to be "teen runaways" seriously. I pray the police don't screw this up.