Menu

Seat up or down?

Seat up or down?  

1. 1. Seat up or down?

• Up
    • Down
    • We are free from pesky indoor plumbing.

Seat and lid down on our toilets in the main part of the house. The cats are trained to use the one in the basement. I really don't like sharing toilets with them, and they will try the other ones if the seats are up.

I've posted about the toilet trained cats before.

Edited by Audrey

I voted down, b/c I insist that everyone in our house puts the seat AND the lid down before they flush, to prevent germs from spraying around the bathroom when they flush.

This exactly. My kids know they are supposed to put the lid down before they flush and that flushing is not optional. :D

Frankly I don't think anyone should use a toilet while standing. Even if he doesn't "miss" a little bit of the mess still splashes out of the water same as when the toilet's flushed. Everyone should sit all the time. Standing is for urinals.

There is no need for the seat to be up ever unless the potty is being cleaned.

I doubt I'm getting much cooperation in this area except from my 3yo. But my guys want to make it *look* like they are cooperating because splashing urine drives me INSANE!! :cursing::banghead::cursing: They put the lid down to keep from getting caught.

My boys were potty trained to sit and hold things down when peeing. This avoided not only the seat up issue but also the splashing :tongue_smilie: Dad has always done it this way....I think partially due to the sound of standing (pee-shyness :001_smile:). Works for me!

Not only does the seat need to be down but the lid must be closed as well-before you flush!!

Same here, and we have trained our boys so well that they become annoyed at houses where this is not the practice. My eldest, who is a rule follower to a fault, freaks out because germs can be spread. I'm just happy I won't fall in!

This is especially important when you go to flush the toilet. TONS of germs are released into the air when you flush your toilet with the lid up. Not to mention all the things that get knocked into the toilet if the lid isn't down.

Everyone puts the lid down! Its more hygenic, looks nicer and keeps little hands and pets out of the water. My DH was taught by 3 older sisters to put the seat down. It wasn't difficult to get him to lower the lid when we got married. The kids just followed our example.

Seat down, lid down, I don't care who lives in the house. I hate looking into the open toilet bowl.

This is what we do as well.

We know someone who doesn't put the lid down, and their dog drinks out of the toilet bowl. They think it's funny. I think it's utterly disgusting.

Seat and lid down.

And for the toileet paper, we recently bought one of those holders that is open on one side (just a wide hook,) and it is the best thing ever. Now everybody puts a new roll on. :D

We have those too. They are great!

Seat and lid down on our toilets in the main part of the house. The cats are trained to use the one in the basement. I really don't like sharing toilets with them, and they will try the other ones if the seats are up.

This is amazing!

Seat down

Lid down

When DH and I got married, we agreed to put both down. This is what we taught the kids. Our 4 and 2 year olds are still in training. The older boys are in the habit of putting them down. It's never been an issue here.

Replacing the toilet paper is a whole 'nother story.:)

:iagree::D

did you see the funniest home video of the

with flushing? they wondered why their water bill was so high. Edited by gardenmom5

Down! DH and I both grew up in female dominated houses, and now I'm still in a female dominated home. I've never experienced the whole "seat up" phenomenon!

I was tempted to pick we don't have pesky indoor plumbing, because it was funny :lol:!