Menu

Who is going shopping tomorrow.........

I'm not usually one to shop the day after Christmas, but I rather fancy the idea this year. I would like more cd's for my car. I'm getting tired of my SiriusXM satellite radio and my car doesn't have an audio jack for my iPod. I did burn some songs onto my own cd's from my iTunes account, but I prefer having the professional cd. In fact, one of the gifts I've asked for this year is the newest Taylor Swift cd. I might even get a new cd holder. I wonder if there will be any sales on music cd's?

I am, but only because I have to exchange a pair of shoes that have the sole peeling off at the toe. Bonus: I have Kohls bucks, so I can buy the boys some lounge pants in their actual size, instead of the M(10-12) I picked up, thinking all the M pants were 6-8. :glare:

We always go to replenish our wrapping paper and other Christmas supplies for next year. I also need a new tote bag for carrying all of our stuff around during the week. My purse can no longer handle the job.

Oh, now THAT is clever! I know all the holiday stuff was on clearance at Target yesterday... I may have to run over there, too.Thanks for the idea! :D

I'll be out for a while. I'll be picking up gift bags, wrap and bows for next year and looking for a new pre-lit tree for the dining room.

And sales...The storage stuff, and linens should be going on sale soon and love the deals.

OoooH...and I received on beautiful cashmere sweater with a security thing on it..:tongue_smilie:. I'll need to have that gem taken off before I wear it; I'll need to find the receipt so I don't get arrested.

I went to Kohls the day after Christmas last year. It took me forever to find parking way off in the netherlands of the parking lot. When I got inside the line was wrapped around the store!

I left.

DaWn

I am, but only because I have to exchange a pair of shoes that have the sole peeling off at the toe. Bonus: I have Kohls bucks, so I can buy the boys some lounge pants in their actual size, instead of the M(10-12) I picked up, thinking all the M pants were 6-8. :glare:

I am hoping to find some new gloves, as mine went missing a week ago. :glare:

I will probably hit the markdown toys for birthday gifts for my nieces/nephews.

I also have $10 Khol's cash to spend. :001_smile:

If dd gets lucky, i may take her to Target to spend some Christmas money on a horse to go with the Our Generation doll that Santa brought.

We always go to replenish our wrapping paper and other Christmas supplies for next year.

I don't usually go out the day after Christmas but I'm considering trying to get gift wrapping supplies, too. I didn't pick up nearly enough when JoAnn was having their 60% off sales the 2 weeks before Christmas.

I am taking my dd shopping tomorrow. I got her a hoodie that was supposed to THE gift and it is way too big. And she got a much cooler hoodie from her aunts. So, we are going clothes shopping just me and her! Excited to go shopping with her. Of course - if I happen to find a Yankee Candle on clearance - I may get that for me! Ha ha!

I like to hit Target on the 26th to pick up cards and occasionally packaging supplies for the following year.

We don't use wrapping paper for our family gifts. I made a stash of fabric bags several years ago that we've used and added to in the intervening time. We also use mostly fabric ribbon, much of which gets used over and over. However, I do buy disposable packaging to use for giving out/sending baked goods and that sort of thing. We try for a "theme" or at least color palatte every year so that the cards and wrapping stuff matches.

We're actually "ahead" by a year, though, because I bought stuff last year, then changed my mind and bought more. So, I have a year's worth of packaging stuff in plastic tubs in the garage and was thinking I could skip the shopping this year. But I would need cards to coordinate if I want to use it next year, anyway.

This year, though, we gave our son a Penney's gift card to buy clothes, and he's already been on the website checking to see what's on sale and in stock. So, I suspect I'll be at Penney's for a chunk of tomorrow.

Edited by Jenny in Florida

I'm not usually one to shop the day after Christmas, but I rather fancy the idea this year. I would like more cd's for my car. I'm getting tired of my SiriusXM satellite radio and my car doesn't have an audio jack for my iPod. I did burn some songs onto my own cd's from my iTunes account, but I prefer having the professional cd. In fact, one of the gifts I've asked for this year is the newest Taylor Swift cd. I might even get a new cd holder. I wonder if there will be any sales on music cd's?

I feel your pain. My car has a tape deck! Did you know that they make bluetooth devises that will let you play your iPod through your car stereo? It might be more practical than stocking up on CDs.

Since I totally messed up and never opened the card that my dh's grandmother sent 3 weeks ago which had a note asking me to buy gifts for the kids and put her name on them along with a check, I'm taking the kids out shopping tomorrow with the money that was in the check. I found the card last night when I was taking care of the stockings around 12:30am. I had to go out this morning to the ATM to get the money to give the kids.

One of my girlfriends asked me and our other friend, "So, how early do you think I can get you out of the house to go shopping the day after Christmas?"

She didn't think it was very funny when we burst out laughing, nor did she think, "Um, January?" was a very helpful response.

Sigh...she is picking me up tomorrow at 8:30, not noon, which was my next suggestion. She also said, "I thought it might be fun to get up at 6 to hit the mall." She did not think it was funny the second time we burst out laughing either. An early riser among night owls, poor thing!

I am going along because her SIL is in town and we all usually take her out for a girls' shopping trip, and I love my friend and I like her SIL, and I think we'll probably have fun.

Cat