Menu

are my pencils at your home?

Why is it that some people always have too many pencils and socks and other people are always running out? I always thought everyone was always sockless all the time until I heard that King Missile song. Formulating a theory... some people are repelling the pencils and socks and others are attracting them. Two fundamentally different personally types.

I sharpened over a dozen pencils 3 days ago and now not a one of them can be found ANYWHERE...and of course NO ONE here has seen them...so before I get too upset with the kids, I thought I would ask here...:001_smile:...

SO...are my pencils at your home??? If so, will you send them back ASAP! thanks.

We had the exact same thing happen. Turns out one of our cats was stealing the pencils. He had accumulated a huge stash above one of our bookcases before we figured it out.

We still lose the pencils, but now we now where to look to get them back - the cat still uses his same hide-away.

Make some up like the doctor's office does...get some floral tape and smack a great big daisy on the top!

Although that may be even more attractive to a cat..I dunno.

Once upon a time, I got *so* tired of looking for my hairbrush, I literally put a long chain on it and screwed it into the edge of a cabinet in the bathroom.

Solved that problem.

Then, not much later, I found myself buying a weighted safe box with a key for my cosmetics which I glued to the floor inside the vanity.

Solved that problem.

No, definitely not. I have to keep a very close eye on our Ticonderoga and Black Warriors or they too will disappear. However, I cannot keep the scissors and tape accounted for here.

My condolences on your loss. It may have been theft:001_huh:.

I sharpened over a dozen pencils 3 days ago and now not a one of them can be found ANYWHERE...and of course NO ONE here has seen them...so before I get too upset with the kids, I thought I would ask here...:001_smile:...

SO...are my pencils at your home??? If so, will you send them back ASAP! thanks.

I think they're in my "newly cleaned out" junk drawer. We now have over 30 sharpened pencils, whereas last week The DC could only find two. I'm sure it won't be more than a few weeks before they magically migrate from my home to yours!:D

Edited by Coffeemama

Story of my life. I try not to be irritated, but how have the kids managed to lose the 100 or so pencils we started with back in September? HOW?!!! So I refuse to buy more. Yesterday I found my oldest writing with a pencil lead tip--no wood. Other pencil hacks include duct taping together a short pencil with an eraser and a long pencil with no eraser, and using chalk.