Menu

Handedness poll

Handedness poll  

1. 1. Handedness poll

• Both right-handed parents with all right-handed kids
    • Right-handed parents with mixed kids (some lh, some rh)
    • Right-handed parents with all left-handed kids
    • Mixed parents (one rh, one lh) with right-handed kids
    • Mixed parents with mixed kids
    • Mixed parents with left-handed kids
    • Left-handed parents with right-handed kids
    • Left-handed parents with mixed kids
    • Left-handed parents with left-handed kids

I'm the only lefty in my family and am somewhat ambidextrous; what I do left-handed depends on the task at hand and I mostly only use my left hand to write and use right for most other things. Both kids are righties. My dad and one sister also use their left or right hand depending on the activity (but they write right-handed).

Edited by WordGirl

I'm left handed, my mother is left handed, my mother in law is left handed...

What do I have?

All RIGHT handed children!

Well, so far at least. I really can't tell what Daniella and Olivia are yet. But so far seven of them are right handed!

(But several did get my green eyes.)

I'm a righty and my husband is a lefty. We have three who are right handed and we are pretty certain that the youngest will be a lefty. It's interesting to hear how many lefties perform tasks ambidextrously. My husband does everything well with his right hand/leg except for writing. I on the other hand couldn't use my left hand to save my life, it's a little ridiculous actually.:lol:

I chose mixed parents with mixed kiddos...

I am a lefty who learned to write and eat right handed, but does everything else left (and eats lefty quite a bit, too.) Dh is fully righty. My oldest dd is mixed: she eats with either hand, writes right-handed, plays sports left-handed, shoots with either, etc. Middle dd is fully righty. And youngest ds is fully lefty.

I'm a lefty and my son is a lefty. DH is a righty and DDs are probably both righties (the 2 year old tends to use her right hand more but she's more ambidextrous than either of her siblings).

Dh is excited that his son is a lefty--apparently its an advantage in sports--it never mattered to me (I learned to catch and bat right handed).

Darn it! I clicked the wrong one! I meant to click "mixed parents, mixed kids" but I picked the one above it. Sorry! I'm RH, dh is LH and we have two righties and one lefty. There are lefties in my family too, though, so I assume I have the recessive gene.

My mom was a lefty and dad was a righty. We (the kids) were all righties, although I am/was ambidextrous. I often volunteer to sit on my mom's left when we're eating and did the same with my lefty college roommate. It doesn't matter to me.

We're 2 righties raising 4 righties.

I'm a lefty, dh is a righty. All three kids are right handed. Secretly I'm kinda disappointed. I had kind of hoped at least one of them would take after me in handedness, but it was not to be.

This is my exact situation, although my disappointment is tempered with relief that they'll never face the exasperation of being a lefty in a right-handed world.

• 2 weeks later...

I write with my left handed, but do a lot of other things with my right, so I suppose I'm somewhat ambidextrous. So far, we have 2 righties and one leftie, who I learned today cuts with his right hand, even though he writes with his left. So he might be ambidextrous, too.

I voted right-handed parents with right-handed kids. Although I think ds15 would have been a lefty if left to learn to write and draw on his own. He constantly emulated his older brother and his older brother usually put the magnadoodle pen in his right hand because that is how he himself wrote;). My dad was a lefty who was converted to a righty in school.