Menu

Need female German Shepherd names

A very sweet, very scrawny female GSD found us tonight. We are looking for her owner but we live in a high dump area so we are not optimistic.

The kids, of course, are so upset about this. :lol:

Give me your perfect girl GS names. She is still a little skittish but seems very sweet. She is getting along swimmingly with our rottie/australian shepherd.

post-23-13535085148023_thumb.jpg

Looks like a "Rylie" to me :) She also looks like she's either yours... or she's been lost a while, right? Cuz otherwise people would be looking for her.

We just found her tonight. We have a community website where stuff like this is posted. No one has posted for her. I posted about her tonight. She is very skinny and hungry. We are thinking she has been out since 4th of July, maybe, since a lot of dogs get out then.

We will keep looking.

Well, German shepherds=police dogs in many minds, so while I'm not a fan of Farrah (no offense, earlier poster), I would consider naming her after a famous (fictional) police woman:

Kate (Jackson, my favorite Charlie's Angel) or Katie

Angie (Dickinson)

Kelly/Chris/Sabrina (the Charlie's Angels' fictional names)

Jackie (Smith)

She really looks like a Katie to me, unless you're opposed to people names for dogs.

Terri

A very sweet, very scrawny female GSD found us tonight. We are looking for her owner but we live in a high dump area so we are not optimistic.

The kids, of course, are so upset about this. :lol:

Give me your perfect girl GS names. She is still a little skittish but seems very sweet. She is getting along swimmingly with our rottie/australian shepherd.

Our next puppy is going to be Saga. Our male is Legend. ;)

1st, I'm jealous! I'd love for a GS to find us!

2nd, I'd go with Sabrina. I have no good reason why! LOL It's not on my dog name list. I just looked at her and thought of the name. Thanks for sharing the picture.

When I was in high school we owned the sweetest, most gentle female German Shepherd. Oh, how I still miss her! Her name was Sarge, short for Sergent Pepper. LOL. Her previous owner thought she looked like a pepper shaker and wanted people to think she was really a male (I guess to make her appear more frightening?).

I like the German names! Gretta, Elke. I also like Zelda, Romy, Mitzi, Gretchen, Elsie, Louise (LuLu), Trudy.

We have Leonbergers, an old German breed. Our girl's name is Danika. We call her "Dani" for short.

Well, her ACTUAL name is

VL GRCH Seelowen Danika, CD, DD, WP, CGC, TDI :D

We have Leonbergers, an old German breed. Our girl's name is Danika. We call her "Dani" for short.

Well, her ACTUAL name is

VL GRCH Seelowen Danika, CD, DD, WP, CGC, TDI :D

Off topic: I love Leonbergers. A neighbor of ours has 2 and they are just the sweetest looking dogs.

Our GSD girl is Kenzie....(from NCIS - LA) :D

If we ever get a male (planning to someday), it will be "Jethro". (another NCIS reference)

I like the suggestions for German sounding names as well.

Our current GSD is named Kaia.

Our previous GSD was Satia (Sasha, long "a"), and my sister had her littermate and named her Portia. Portia's affectionate nickname was "shep". LOL

BTW, get her to a vet ASAP. Some sheps are susceptible to certain disorders, some hip issues, etc. She may have a condition that is not cheap to maintain. For instance, ours is allergic to several things and we have to buy expensive food for her health. You also want to have a vet or shelter do a behavior workup, esp. with a skittish GSD.

That said, she's adorable, we <3 GSD's. :)

Edited by Mallorie

DH is stuck on law enforcement names *sigh*

So far we have Radar and Sig. :confused: :lol:

Rayna. It goes with Daphne and she looks like a Rayna.

ETA: Do you have a side profile pic of her?

Other female German names: Iris, Frieda, Angelika

Edited by darlasowders

• 2 years later...

DH is stuck on law enforcement names *sigh*

So far we have Radar and Sig. :confused: :lol:

Then Cap (Captain), or Polizia (Liza for short), Mia (MI5), Castle, Kate (also from the show, Castle), Columbo, McLeod, Cagney or Lacey, Queenie (for Yukon King of the Mounties -- old serial show), Badge (sounds like Madge!), Trooper, Rinnie (Rin Tin Tin),

Hunter (teach her "hunt-fetch", a.k.a. "go find this".  My MIL's golden would hunt-fetch her wallet for her, since it kept disappearing from her purse.  Turns out he was quite proactive -- much of the time it was missing because he "found" it in her purse and knew she would ask him to find it later, so he'd take it to put in "a safe place".)

I know this is an old thread but I had to add that we had a German Shepherd find us (just showed up on our porch and wouldn't leave) when I was in first grade. She was the best dog. We named her MacDuffy. My husband, who's a Marine, wants to name a German Shepherd Belleau Wood.