Menu

My lovely blog comment today.

This comment was posted to my blog today.

I know somewhere in this world there is someone who is more of a pretentious ***t than you are, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out where I would find that person.

Oh well. At least you keep me amused at WTM.

I thought it was just a nice, lovely comment. Is everyone from Beckley, WV so pleasant? Fortunately, I understand that plenty of people disagree with you and that most people have the common decency to keep these kinds of opinions to themselves. Have a lovely day Anonymous!

I think they only have to look in the mirror to find that person! Sorry you had to deal with this today. I've seen you post on here enough to 'recognize' you and I think that you are a perfectly lovely person. Try not to give that comment another thought.

Maybe I'm wierd, but these types of blog comments always give me a chuckle. :tongue_smilie: She's trying *so* hard to offend you. It reminds me of those childhood sibling arguments where one sibling tries to come up with something "nasty" to say to the other sibling, and the best they can come up with is "poopy head".

Rude and beyond comprehension. I just posted on another thread how much I admire this forum and enjoy the different views, experiences, politics, religions, etc. :confused:

Too bad there have to be people who feel compelled to express themselves like this person did.

Seriously? I'd like to read the post where you were a pretentious bleep. I can't picture it.

Seriously!!!:iagree:

I think we (TWTMer's) should get a vote in this...so far I think you are 100% for "kind, genuine, and a joy to post with."

:grouphug:

I did delete it. I don't allow bad language, even bleeped out, on my blog or Facebook page. That's mostly because I know that there are kids that read it, including my own.

Some of your replies have made me laugh, though.

They read my earlier post about making a ruckus at the pediatricians office, followed that to my blog, read several pages of my blog until they found a post about our recent decision to go ahead with tetanus vaccination for our kids, and posted the comment there.

I went to your blog and, after looking at all of the beautiful flower pictures, scrolled down to the vaccination post and starting laughing because it is such an innocent post. Cracks me up, literally, what people find to get snotty about. I generally think they are just snotty people looking for an outlet.

Edited by jcooperetc

They read my earlier post about making a ruckus at the pediatricians office, followed that to my blog, read several pages of my blog until they found a post about our recent decision to go ahead with tetanus vaccination for our kids, and posted the comment there.

Wow. A tetanus shot. How completely elitist of you.

I thought it was just a nice, lovely comment. Is everyone from Beckley, WV so pleasant? Fortunately, I understand that plenty of people disagree with you and that most people have the common decency to keep these kinds of opinions to themselves. Have a lovely day Anonymous!

:D People don't realize how non-anonymous anonymous comments really are. Easy as pie to get a location and IP address.

Hope the person is now duly shamed and embarrassed. It could have been much worse for him/her.

I did delete it. I don't allow bad language, even bleeped out, on my blog or Facebook page. That's mostly because I know that there are kids that read it, including my own.

Some of your replies have made me laugh, though.

It's your own fault then! Tetanus vaccinations are extremely pretentious and you were just asking for it by mentioned it.:D

I've been to Beckley, West Virginia. Pretty much everyone and everything would be more pretentious than there, so I wouldn't read too much into it!

Anonymous comments like that are kind of like people who let their dogs poop on your lawn when nobody's looking.

It's your own fault then! Tetanus vaccinations are extremely pretentious and you were just asking for it by mentioned it.:D

Or, maybe the comment was left by a Lockjaw Sufferer desperate to be heard!

Or, maybe the comment was left by a Lockjaw Sufferer desperate to be heard!

Ok, that seriously made me laugh out loud!

I'm sorry you got a nasty comment. I have a blog too and have gotten some...interesting...comments.

:grouphug:

Pretentious???:confused: - I don't think she understands the word.

I've been to Beckley, West Virginia. Pretty much everyone and everything would be more pretentious than there, so I wouldn't read too much into it!

Anonymous comments like that are kind of like people who let their dogs poop on your lawn when nobody's looking.

:lol::lol::lol:

My apologies to West Virginia. I believe their ISP provider has an office there. Another stat counter that provides more information has the commenter located in Birmingham, Alabama. Apparently, they spent some time reading the most controversial of my blog posts written two and three years ago. Those were a bit pretentious.

My apologies to West Virginia. I believe their ISP provider has an office there. Another stat counter that provides more information has the commenter located in Birmingham, Alabama. Apparently, they spent some time reading the most controversial of my blog posts written two and three years ago. Those were a bit pretentious.

Is it possible to be humble about being formerly pretentious? :D

Maybe I'm wierd, but these types of blog comments always give me a chuckle. :tongue_smilie: She's trying *so* hard to offend you. It reminds me of those childhood sibling arguments where one sibling tries to come up with something "nasty" to say to the other sibling, and the best they can come up with is "poopy head".

:iagree: I'm sorry you have had to deal with that! It makes me glad nobody reads my blog! :lol:

:iagree: I'm sorry you have had to deal with that! It makes me glad nobody reads my blog! :lol:

They do now. And BTW, your kids are the cutest.

Edited by joannqn