Menu

Do you visit any other homeschool forums?

FIAR for the book archives mostly. Since we're doing this for a couple of years, I thought I ought to hang out there and read up from time to time.

I've tried several others (I'm not recalling any names at the moment), but nothing I've come across compares to this board! :D

When I first started homeschooling, I joined another forum. It was......interesting. I quit going there shortly after the election. The nicest thing I can say about that board is that it just wasn't a good fit for me.

I used to love Mothering.com's Learning At Home Forum, but they changed their message boards and now it's very slow, so I am hardly over there anymore, which makes me sad.

Me,too! I had been with them from the very beginning....It was a rough divorce.:glare:

:iagree: They changed a lot on that forum which makes me sad. :(

I agree. :thumbdown:

My first homeschooling board was on AOL back in the stone ages. They changed their format and dropped their boards and I did without for a while. Then TWTM boards came along almost 12 (!) years ago. Twas love at first sight. We've been inseparable ever since.

I am faithful to the Hive and only the Hive. (BTW - I don't do FB or any other social networking either). How could I am keep up my posting average here?;)

Oh Miss Jean, we are not worthy :D (now where did I put my bowing and scraping smiley??)

Umm, well, uh, yes.

Sonlight

Here

The Homeschool Library

Flying Cow Tavern (not really homeschool, but kinda)

Secular Homeschool

Methinks maybe I'm on the computer too much. :001_huh:

eta: I'm Thea everywhere except Secular Homeschool.

Oh Miss Jean, we are not worthy :D (now where did I put my bowing and scraping smiley??)

:lol: No, I just like to keep my obsessions single minded. . . :tongue_smilie:

Also - this forum just happens to meet my homeschooling/social networking type needs right now. I'm a K.I.S.S. type person.

Edited by Jean in Newcastle

I belong to a few yahoo groups, secular homeschooling forum, Cafe Mom and a Facebook homeschool group. On rare occasions I may look at the Homeschool Reviews forums (but they usually annoy me) or the FIAR/Homeschool Share forums.

I'll have to check out this Homeschool Library.....

:lol: No, I just like to keep my obsessions single minded. . . :tongue_smilie:

Also - this forum just happens to meet my homeschooling/social networking type needs right now. I'm a K.I.S.S. type person.

LOL. :lol:

I used to visit other homeschooling forums more, but I don't visit them much since discovering this one.

I was a member of a Catholic forum, well two actually, that have a homeschooling subforum. Interest waned for various reasons. It has been years since I've been to either of those.

I was a member of Donna Young's old forum. During that time I did find TWTM forum but I had a hard time following the layout so I only posted once or twice.

That one shut down and I was in forum limbo for a bit. Then I stumbled into the new TWTM forum and was here for quite some time. I took a board break for a bout six months and didn't visit any message boards.

I came back here and have been posting ever since. I am a member of one other (this makes the third) Catholic forum, but it is a very slow place. Nothing wrong with it, but I don't get there very often.

I used to go to the Homeschool Lounge, but people weren't as engaging there and I ended up getting tired of being the person with the most posts. :lol:

So anyway, I've been coming here for a few years now and have gleaned a ton of information. I live in a rural area and don't belong to any support groups in real life. The Hive has been the best support group I could ask for, so why go anywhere else?

Blessings,

Lucinda

Edited by HSMom2One

Just this one. Way back when I used to spend time on the vegsource homeschooling boards. I also used to like to poke around a bit on the Sonlight boards. I never used the whole program, but I did purchase things from them here and there. Since they made most of their forums private, it has affected my goodwill towards them I'm afraid. I wasn't a big customer, but $100 at a time once in a while was still business. Even though I wasn't on their forums often, I just didn't like the feeling of being excluded.

So anyway, I've been coming here for a few years now and have gleaned a ton of information. I live in a rural area and don't belong to any support groups in real life. The Hive has been the best support group I could ask for, so why go anywhere else?

Blessings,

Lucinda

I think I asked you this before, but if you are anywhere near Salem, send me a pm. I have dd around the same age as yours. Of course as I type this I am trying to remember the last 'play date' I had time for, oh well. It's the thought, right? :D

Yes. I visit the homeschoolspot. I was a member there a long time before I knew this one was even here. Now I check in there daily, but I am here more often. This forum is busier and has more diversity.

Ditto on everything. I like the people at the HSS but this is now more in line with how I homeschool and the diversity of folks here is fun. I knew I wasn't the only Spotter here. :)