Menu

Single? Married? Other?

Are you ... ?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you ... ?

• I am single right now.
    • I am married right now.
    • I am in a common law / co-habitating partnership right now.
    • I am an "other" right now. Please feel free to explain.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

married, will be 14 years this coming Monday (the 13th) We were together for a whole 12 days prior to being married. We met online and were living in different states so the 12 days is time we spent physically in the same city, but we met online about 4 months before getting married. Oh and I was also married on Friday the 13th.

I was married on a Friday the 13 th too!! We knew and dated for 4 years...were separated for a full year...got back together and got married 3 weeks later. We decided on Sunday, got our license on Monday and got married that Friday. Best quick decision I ever made. We will be married 26 years in Sept.

Faithe

I was married on a Friday the 13 th too!! We knew and dated for 4 years...were separated for a full year...got back together and got married 3 weeks later. We decided on Sunday, got our license on Monday and got married that Friday. Best quick decision I ever made. We will be married 26 years in Sept.

Faithe

:lol:

Our story is similar. We dated on and off (mostly on) for about a year and a half. Found out I was pregnant on a Saturday. Told my parents the following Thursday morning. Got the license that afternoon. Went to the mall to get nice clothes and rings. Got married the next day. My dad bet us it wouldn't last 4 years. He actually said he would kiss dh's bum if we lasted that long. I got a picture of that one;).

:lol:

Our story is similar. We dated on and off (mostly on) for about a year and a half. Found out I was pregnant on a Saturday. Told my parents the following Thursday morning. Got the license that afternoon. Went to the mall to get nice clothes and rings. Got married the next day. My dad bet us it wouldn't last 4 years. He actually said he would kiss dh's bum if we lasted that long. I got a picture of that one;).

I got preggo very early on when dating DH, and my dad bet us we wouldnt make it 2 years....if we did he would apologize and admit hes wrong (he NEVER does this...ever) well, he did apologize and that was worth more than gold to me :)

I voted co-habitating. I actually am legally married - in Canada, where my wife & I got married, and in many other countries around the world. However, my own state & country don't recognize my marriage, so...yeah. Together happily for 7 years.

And I'm voting the other way, though also not legally married in my state. We've been married according to our church for 21 years, and by Ontario for 7 years.

Well, I'm in Canada, so AFAIC you're both married. :001_smile:

Faithe

We were married on a Friday the 13 as well. It was on purpose. :D

Married 11 years in Feb. Together for 13 years. I still like him.

Same. Except March. We lived together for 2 years before we got married.

What's up with the snubbing of Canadian weddings? I don't understand why one's wedding in ANY country wouldn't be recognized here. Thats sooooo bizarre.

Married. Towards the end of this month we will celebrate 36 years. Dated almost two years - no other marriages, no living together or anything else beforehand.

Thanks OP for posting this - I've enjoyed reading all the responses!

Same. Except March. We lived together for 2 years before we got married.

What's up with the snubbing of Canadian weddings? I don't understand why one's wedding in ANY country wouldn't be recognized here. Thats sooooo bizarre.

I could be wrong, but I am assuming same-sex marriages in those cases....

My answer -- married. We'll have our 14th wedding anniversary in October, though we've been (mostly) together for 19 yrs this month. We did spend 10 months apart/not dating in college, before we got married, but I never think to subtract that from our "years together" total.

I am married.

We met December 31st, 1997. We were living together, and joined in all ways except marriage a few months later. (Joint bank accounts, life insurance polices on each other just in case. :p....)

My family got annoyed? at us living together for years and 'threw' us a wedding. I pretty much got a invitation to it. It was in 2001? 2002? maybe 2003? definitively in June or July, sometime near the end of the month.

Mostly Happily Married 23 yrs this July (I think-LOL). I would have to do the math to make sure.

We married July 30, 1988. Heck... I am sometimes not sure if we got married July 30 or 31st.

Luckily my Dh is very good at remembering anniversaries, bdays, etc. He makes sure I remember as I get lost in the days -LOL.

Now I can keep on top of appointments and daily activities. Dh though is lost about what is going on from one day to the next.

We are such a matched set-LOL.

I am currently engaged, so I put "co-habitating" since we had plans to get married in August, but due to current events, that is not happening. We may do a JOP though!! :)

So, let's see... together for 2 1/3 yrs, engaged for 1 1/4 yrs, but he's been one of my closest friends for five years now. :)