Menu

I am sure this will be controversial and there may be hurt feelings but...

HANDS DOWN AGREE!!! They are the best. I hate other crayons. What really bugs me is when they sell those cool little sets at back to school time and all the stuff is generic. My little one so wanted NEMO stuff but you know it is all junk. You know they have the crayons, markers etc but it is junky stuff.

What's wrong with you people? Only colored pencils for me and they have to be Prismacolor.

I'm a preschool art snob.

Prismacolor pencils are lovely, but for the early childhood crowd, I have to put in a plug for the Stockmar or Lyra color giants. Soooo wonderful, rich colors, and soft enough that you can actually fill in blocks of color with them.

I pretty much had my kids use color giants to the exclusion of crayons. :D

Okay, I agree they're better than RoseArt, but have you tried Stockmar?

:iagree: I can't believe anyone who tries Stockmar would ever go back to Crayola. I can't stand the smell of Crayolas now. Not after we've experienced Stockmar's honeyliciousness. :tongue_smilie: Worth. Every. Penny.

Ha! reminds me of back when my girls were little, and we were in a little co-op of friends at church, and someone got crayons at the dollar store. It was a hot day, and the crayons were literally bending as the kids tried to use them LOL. We laughed so hard that day :o). That larned us fersure.

I totoally agree that Crayola crayons are superior to all other brands, but I need to add that their markers are even more superior to competitors. Why is Crayola the only company that can make a marker that lasts more than 5 minutes?

I learned this the hard way! I was on cloud 9 a couple years ago when I found off brand (don't remember which one) crayons for .10 a box at a back to school sale. I bought a shoe box full of them! I thought Great! Now we're set for a couple years! Then we got home and tried them.:glare: I won't make that mistake again. We are Crayola lovers from now on! They are definately worth the extra $$!

I do find this thread highly offensive. I think that it is elitist of you to assume that everyone can afford Crayola. It is just rubbing it into the face of my sweet children who know not the joy of a fresh box. All they have is a huge plastic box of broken and peeled generics. Furthermore, I have sensory issues and I cannot hold crayola crayons because of the way the paper feels as it rubs against my fingers. It literally sends shivers down my spine. I am offended on multiple levels. :lol:

I do find this thread highly offensive. I think that it is elitist of you to assume that everyone can afford Crayola. It is just rubbing it into the face of my sweet children who know not the joy of a fresh box. All they have is a huge plastic box of broken and peeled generics. Furthermore, I have sensory issues and I cannot hold crayola crayons because of the way the paper feels as it rubs against my fingers. It literally sends shivers down my spine. I am offended on multiple levels. :lol:

:iagree:

I vote we take all the wrappers off all the crayons and mix the crayolas in with the generic! Who's with me?!?!?

:biggrinjester:

Like coloring with high quality lipstick.

Like pastels?

:iagree:

I vote we take all the wrappers off all the crayons and mix the crayolas in with the generic! Who's with me?!?!?

:biggrinjester:

You can still tell!! Totally! Did you know the generics even melt at a different temp than Crayola? If you try to make those melt-in-a-muffin-tin crayons from bits some brands melt and some stay solid.

There is always someone...

:tongue_smilie:

I definitely prefer Stockmar- I have my own box. :001_rolleyes: My kids do use Crayola when they need skinny crayons. My MIL is always confused and offended when we aren't delighted to bring home freebie off-brand crayons from restaurants. I feel like such a snob if I try to explain why.