Menu

Possum's in the hospital

Yesterday they moved us to the city to the big childrens hospital. Possum seems to have improved since changing meds. He has seen the cardio & resp teams this morning and they are going to discuss the surgery wig the surgeon. Looks like he will have surgery this week or next.

Thankyou to everyone praying and thinking of us.

Will continue. :grouphug:

It's been a big day!

Possum is having his duct ligated tomorrow. The surgery should take about 3 hours. He will be ventilated and in PICU for a day or two, then a few more days on the ward, then home.

:grouphug: Continued prayers for Possum, for you and for his surgical team.

It's been a big day!

Possum is having his duct ligated tomorrow. The surgery should take about 3 hours. He will be ventilated and in PICU for a day or two, then a few more days on the ward, then home.

Keep us posted. I had that surgery when I was 3 along VSD.

It's done! The surgery was a success! Possum is in PICU and remains ventilated and sedated. The surgeon was very happy. He might take a little while to come off the vent because of the fluid in his lungs but otherwise everything is good.

What wonderful news!!! I hope he has a full and quick recovery! (((Hugs))) for you and your family, how scary!

Marisa

It's done! The surgery was a success! Possum is in PICU and remains ventilated and sedated. The surgeon was very happy. He might take a little while to come off the vent because of the fluid in his lungs but otherwise everything is good.

Oh I'm SO glad!! Thank you so much for the update, Amber. What wonderful news! :hurray: :party: I pray he has a speedy recover. :grouphug: