Menu

Please be praying for this situation...

Yesterday we arrived home after a long day in the City and were just finishing up dinner when our neighbor frantically knocked on our door. We went outside to see what she needed and she said that the young man who lives directly across from us had attacked his ex-girlfriend and then hung himself.

We called for help and then my dh went in to see if there was anything he could do for the young lady. When he got in there he saw a lot of blood and, of course, the young man, but, didn't realize that their 9 month old baby girl was also in there lying on top of her mom covered in blood as well.

The EMTs arrived and immediately checked out the baby and handed her to me and gave me permission to clean her up, so one of my neighbors and I did and found that she was okay with only a little wound above one of her ears. The blood--which was very dried and caked on--wasn't hers, it was her mom's. We had the baby for a few hours until they were able to take her to the hospital. Poor little thing was crying the whole time for her mama.

Last we heard the young lady is not expected to make it. She has no family that could take the baby.

Here's the prayer requests:

1) Friends of ours who run an orphanage are willing to take the baby and I think that the court will grant the request that they take the baby.

2) Pray that the young lady makes it.

3) My dh. He was struggling a little last night, for obvious reasons, and I'm concerned with all that's going on in our lives right now with ministry, teams, etc. he can take the time to deal with his feelings on what he saw and experienced.

4) In the confusion, my dd16 also went into the house to see if she could help the baby and saw the whole scene. The EMTs said it was the worst scene they've ever come upon. I'm concerned that she saw all of that.

Thank you.

Oh my goodness that is absolutely horrific! For all of you and everyone concerned!

:grouphug:

Dont underestimate how that sort of thing can impact on you- keep talking and sharing.

:grouphug:

Sending you healing energy for strength and courage to move through this.

Praying.

As I understand it, Guatemala is not doing great with international adoptions right now. We would sure take that baby! That is a firm offer!

Praying for all involved.

Dawn

DITTO DITTO DITTO

We would fly to Guatemala in a heartbeat and adopt that baby (and we have a recent home study :D ). Please let us know if there is anything we can do. Praying for your family in this tragedy. :grouphug:

You all are wonderful. I knew you would pray.

A little bit of an update:

I wish we could take the baby, but, since we aren't Guatemalan we aren't allowed to adopt right now. Unfortunately, because we'd actually love it.

Dd16 was up early this morning as she is translating for a medical team today. I talked with her a little bit about what happened and she said to me, "Mom, all I could think about was that baby and maybe there was something I could to help her so I went in. I'm really okay mom. It's what I'm supposed to do in life, remember?" She's so great. She's a hero to me right now. But, I will still keep an eye on her over the next few nights, weeks...

I'm going to call my friend who went to the hospital to check on the mom to see what the news is there, when I know, I'll post it.

Thank you all so much. We can feel the prayers.

Another update:

I just talked with my friend and she told me that the mother is still alive, in very very critical condition, but, alive. The baby is with an aunt of the mom who found out what happened and came to the hospital last night to claim the baby. She seems to be a wonderful woman who can provide for Ashley well and was so grateful to be able to help out. So that's a huge blessing!

Another update:

I just talked with my friend and she told me that the mother is still alive, in very very critical condition, but, alive. The baby is with an aunt of the mom who found out what happened and came to the hospital last night to claim the baby. She seems to be a wonderful woman who can provide for Ashley well and was so grateful to be able to help out. So that's a huge blessing!

Thanks for the update. Still praying . . .

• 2 weeks later...