Menu

What would you want for Christmas?

Guest mrsjamiesouth

Depends on what I want/need. I have asked for birdhouses (took 3 yrs, but then I got 2 :D ), new pots/pans, perfume, clothes, camera, dvds, cds, something silly that I wanted but wouldn't buy for myself, new jacket, .....

This year, I talked to dh, and we are going to buy a (gasp) gas grill (I'm a charcoal/wood person), and a table/chairs for the new deck. I'm still wanting a new camera, but haven't found one I like that is affordable.

From kids and friends that ask my standard answer is jammies, a nice coffee mug, or any cuts of fabric--any fabric; I love all fabric. These are all inexpensive items and I love some of the outragous jammies and fabrics I have gotten.

From hubby, this year I am asking for the Accuquilt with the straight dies, Nook, Ipad, new camera lens, or a new pot to add to my All-Clad set. I would be happy with any one of those things.

For him I am getting a Bose headset or a Grado headset.

Most of my 'wants' are pricey...

Several of mine are pricey too. The priciest things are the things I want the most ;) :

netbook

digital camera

Wii system (I think??? Not sure yet.)

But I also want a few things that are more moderately priced:

Roku player

Corinthian Bells 29” or 36” wind chime

Today’s Parallel Bible

folding mini trampoline/rebounder

And some games that are under $20 (most are under $10):

Quarx

Set Cubed

Kismet

Maya Madness

Mummy Rummy

Three of a Crime

Zeus on the Loose

Bananagrams

Triology

I'd also like gift cards in any amount to Yankee Candle, Amazon, and Bath & Body Works.

Edited by ereks mom

Rice Cooker

Waffle Iron

Griddle

My retired Polar Bear from Build-A-Bear, yes I know it's silly... LOL

Bras & panties... but you really can't ask family for that ;)

Oh, I don't know about that. LOL. My sister asks for and receives undies every year. I got money specifically to buy bras for my birthday from my parents.

Now what I can't bring to ask my family for is reusable feminine pads, even though I really want to try them. I can just see the look on my dad's face if he saw that. LOL. Oh my, it almost would be worth it for that.

Guest mrsjamiesouth
Oh, I don't know about that. LOL. My sister asks for and receives undies every year. I got money specifically to buy bras for my birthday from my parents.

Now what I can't bring to ask my family for is reusable feminine pads, even though I really want to try them. I can just see the look on my dad's face if he saw that. LOL. Oh my, it almost would be worth it for that.

:lol::lol: My mom would have the same look. She couldn't understand why I wanted to BF past 1year, or why I wanted cloth diapers. Or why I want to homeschool or why I don't feed my kids Fish Sticks and Kraft mac-n-cheese like they fed me..... The list goes on.

I actually told them I wanted a chicken coop and my mom asked me what else I wanted. :tongue_smilie:

I love the Cookware and W&S! I could just ask for a gift card.

A tool for slicing bread sounds good too.

:lol: Seriously, I already got my Nintendo DSi XL because there was no way I was going to wait until the 25th to play it. And I'm getting a new backpack for school. I also expect chocolate and twizzlers in my stocking.

From the outset, I have made it abundantly clear that I do not want clothes or anything kichen/house related as presents. I'd really rather have a Barnes and Noble gift card in the absence of any other ideas.

gift certificate for a massage

Just Dance for Wii

a fabulous pair of boots

a new camera lens

I will probably get the massage and wii game from my mom. Maybe I will use the money my fil gives me for Christmas to replace the lens my husband lost. :glare: As far as the boots...I just can't find the perfect pair.

When the relatives asked last year, I told them I would love a griddle. It has been fantastic!

Mine looks just like the one I linked below, except that it is Rival rather than Oster.

http://www.amazon.com/Oster-CKSTGRRD25--10-Inch-Digital-Removable/dp/B003HFN50C/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1291332664&sr=8-20

It has worked wonderfully for me. I use it probably 2x/month to make bacon and pancakes.

I didn't know what to ask for, so I looked around for things that needed doing.

My dh looked at my list and tuned up my bike and took my sewing machine for cleaning for my birthday a few days ago. I was SO excited!! Way better than a thing in a box.

I'm hoping I'll get landscaping for Christmas. Either that or a magic wand, a real one. ;)

I also asked for a pretty teacup and book gift certificates. :)

Cat

A kindle, a keyboard so I can learn to play, gift cards to some of the more casual local restaurants so I can grab a bite to eat when I get sick of our allergy diet here at home, gift cards to the movies, and new clogs. I'd also love a new winter coat. Mine is black, I've had it for years, and I hate wearing black. I'd also love one of those light backpack commercial vacuum cleaners. Yes, I would love to get that vacuum as a gift. It would make such an improvement in my household routine.

Lisa

Edited by LisaTheresa

pearl earrings

mother's birthstone pendent necklace

iphone case

negative scanner

I also have a long wishlist of kitchen items on Amazon, including:

placemats & matching napkins

Mikasa dishes

serving pieces to go with above

casserole dishes & lids

salad tongs

salad bowl

cake/pie server

silver charger plates

One of the BIG Kindles (9 inch) as I read so fast ... but since I can't afford to buy books for it, never mind.

I'll settle for the fourth HP film boxed set (as we are indeed getting them as they come out with all the extras) and some chair tea mix.

Oh, and I want To Kill a Mockingbird - my old paperback is held together with a rubber band. Slip me the DVD too while you are at it.

I always ask for a pony, too (and the ranch to go with it near Cody, WY) but oddly enough this is never under the tree.

I did have an external flash for my camera on my list...but I already bought it for myself, to have time to learn how to use it before the holidays. So I kinda already got my present!

Edited by JFSinIL

Well... my birthday was in Sept. I had asked for a dishwasher.

Dh got one for me right before Thanksgiving... and it was a more expensive one. So... I didn't feel like asking for anything.

But, then... I was out with the kids and saw a pull over robe, with zipper... deep red... soft. I pointed it out to one of my sons, hoping I might get it for Christmas. Then, when I was out for Black Friday, it was 50% off and I figured if I didn't get it, it would probably not show up for Christmas... So, I got it for myself.

IF we had an endless supply of money, which we don't, I would humbly ask for:

Canon EOS T2i

Slippers

Several books...

I am really, really hoping that dh does NOT get me the camera, because it is expensive and I would rather pay bills instead and get it sometime next year as a reward for paying off bills.... I have a sinking feeling, though, that he will buy the camera for me because he knows how much I want a really good camera. I don't talk about it at all right now, but earlier this year I talked a good bit about wanting one sometimes and he knows that...

I really need:

Bras

underwear

pants

socks

shoes

pajamas

dishes

and a new mattress

I would really like a Steve Hanks painting that costs $1000 (someday)

I would be content with visiting my kids, get family pictures done.

I wish you lived close to me so I could take your pictures!!! :)