Menu

Okay, you're sitting next to your computer, eating your favorite salad...

What's in/on your salad? :bigear:

Mine is romaine/baby spinach blend, with tomatoes, green onions, hard-boiled egg white, and a bit of cheddar cheese (no other dressing). On a splurge day, add bacon bits or avocado. :drool5:

All I need is a salad chef to come and make me a salad every day for lunch & dinner, and I'm sure I'd lose weight easily. I love to eat salad, but hate to prepare it! :glare:

Preferrably, it would be some freshly cut lettuce (black seeded simpson) from our backyard garden. If we do not have any that's large enough at the moment, it would be romaine lettuce from the store....organic, of course. The only thing on it would be vinigrette (italian) dressing. I like VERY simple salads.

My favorite at the moment: romaine/green leaf lettuce, diced apples and pears, candied pecans, dried cranberries and a raspberry vinaigrette. If I'm not in a sweet mood (which isn't often! :lol: ), then I like romaine/green leaf lettuces with green onion (or purple onion), avocado, corn, and crumbled bacon with a splash of olive oil and apple cider vinegar.

Romaine lettuce, some olives, garlic croutons, bacon bits (real), and shredded cheese, with either Italian (fresh made) or balsamic.

Though I really love salads from Olive garden (minus onion and peppers), and Outback (also minus onion, with xtra cheese, and honey mustard) :)

It depends on the day and what's in my fridge. I'm very moody when it comes to salad. Tonight we had a romaine/herb mix with sundried tomatoes, assorted olives, and cubes of Havarti cheese, but I bought grape tomatoes and feta and plan to cook up some bacon for another salad later this week. Variety is the spice of life, baby! ;)

I love to eat salad, but hate to prepare it! :glare:

I am the same way!

Why??

I know it's not that hard to cut up lettuce, tomato, peppers, cucumbers, etc....

Honest to Betsy, I will fry up a burger before I make myself a salad. :001_rolleyes:

I am the same way with salad, as well as with any fresh/raw veggies or fruit. I had doing the prep but if someone set a big plate of it in front of me, I'd eat it all.

The more stuff in my salad the better!

I like a green leafy mix (spinach, romaine, and mixed greens)

Then add:

avocado

cucumbers

tomatoes

shredded carrots

chopped broccoli and cauliflower

strawberries or craisins

red onions

mushrooms

ahh...just about anything really.

If I'm not watching the calories, then add eggs and ham.

Top it off with a good vinegrette :)

Favorite salad that I prepare is either:

romaine/green leaf lettuce, tomato, carrot, chicken, balsamic vinaigrette with bleu cheese crumbles

or

romaine/green leaf lettuce, chicken, shredded cheese & salsa

I ordered a salad the other night when dh and I went out for our anniversary that was bibb lettuce, pears, brie, pecans & vinaigrette. To.die.for.

Everything.

Preferably baby spring mix, roma tomato chunks, croutons, cheese, chopped pear, whatever nuts I have on hand, cuke, red onions slices, olives of any color or nationality, avocado, carrots, sliced beets if I have any on hand, chopped broccoli and/or cauliflower, sweet peppers, peppercini, topped with an olive oil vinaigrette.

Baby lettuces/spinach with a little romaine thrown in, plus:

Tomatoes

Carrots

Cucumbers

Broccoli

Cauliflower

Chick Peas or hard-boiled egg (maybe both if I want a protein boost)

Sunflower seed kernels--I have these in EVERY salad

A sprinkle of colby jack cheese

AND...my favorite dressing: Ken's (Steakhouse) Light Options Honey Dijon!!

I vary only a bit from this salad and I never get tired of it. Optional things I might throw in include: black olives, avocado, bean sprouts, croutons

Spinach leaves, maybe a bit of romaine for some crunch.

Nuts, whatever is available - walnuts, pecans, almonds

Fruit, whatever is available - strawberries, pears, apples, blueberries

Veggies, whatever is available - bell peppers, carrots, cucumber, radishes, onions

Couple seeds, flax or sesame or pumpkin

Dressing, usually oil & vinegar but sometimes a fruit vinaigrette if it's in season

I eat at least one salad every day, usually for an afternoon snack. It just depends on whatever is on-hand.

No dairy, no meat.

Romaine/baby spinach (maybe toss in some other greens)

tomatoes

scallions (green onions)

grilled mesquite chicken breast

freshly grated Parmesan cheese

garlic croutons

Italian, Raspberry vinaigrette, or Caesar dressing

Another favorite is:

baby spinach

chopped walnuts

chopped apple

Raspberry vinaigrette

I'm envious of you who live in places where you can easily buy salad when you're out. I live about 8 miles out of the nearest town, and that town has no good and accessible salad sources. The next city over is about 25 miles. A little too far for a daily salad. :glare: Not only do I not have a good source for buying salad, but I don't even have a good source for buying salad ingredients unless I drive the 25 miles. I only do that once a week, so...fresh salad ingredients are relatively hard to come by.