Menu

Prayers needed right now for daughter-in-law

BMW

My very dear, sweet DIL, Sonia, is 6 months pregnant with a baby girl, Chloe.

Tomorrow was the baby shower.

Today she had an appointment. Last month the baby was about 2 lbs. and this month the baby seems to be a bit over 1 lb. Sonia was rushed to a hospital by ambulance and the Dr.s are running tests. The Dr.s are not speaking about the situation in front of Sonia, so that she will stay calmed down. Our son, Chris, has been there with her today (Friday) and our other son just called to tell us this news.

When I get an update, I will share it.

Would you please join me in prayer? Chris, my son, lost his mom to cancer just over 3 years ago and he was naming his baby the name that his mom had picked out if she had a girl... Chloe... and then the middle name was after his mom. He still grieves deeply over the loss of his mom. I imagine his heart is aching pretty badly right now.

Thank you so very much,

My very dear, sweet DIL, Sonia, is 6 months pregnant with a baby girl, Chloe.

Tomorrow was the baby shower.

Today she had an appointment. Last month the baby was about 2 lbs. and this month the baby seems to be a bit over 1 lb. Sonia was rushed to a hospital by ambulance and the Dr.s are running tests. The Dr.s are not speaking about the situation in front of Sonia, so that she will stay calmed down. Our son, Chris, has been there with her today (Friday) and our other son just called to tell us this news.

When I get an update, I will share it.

Would you please join me in prayer? Chris, my son, lost his mom to cancer just over 3 years ago and he was naming his baby the name that his mom had picked out if she had a girl... Chloe... and then the middle name was after his mom. He still grieves deeply over the loss of his mom. I imagine his heart is aching pretty badly right now.

Thank you so very much,

:grouphug:

Lifting them up in prayer for protection and for peace.

Sonia has signs of pre-eclamsia (sp). Her baby is measuring about 2 weeks behind what it should and there are some other concerns. She is 28 weeks along and she is being cared for at a top neo-natal hospital. Over night the baby had some distress signs, but nothing major. They want to keep her pregnant as long as possible. Tests are being run and they should have more information later today (sat.) and tomorrow.

Thank you so very much.

Now the update is a diagnosis of PH. I don't know what it is or what it means except that the placenta is no good. It isn't functioning like it should and the baby is not gaining weight. Dr.s say that the baby is healthy and has a 90% survival rate is delivered. Sonia is still at risk for her personal health, too. So, she will stay hospitalized, ready for surgery any time that they decide it's time for the baby or for her sake. Son, Chris, isn't working and having a hard time deciding when to go to work (they want to keep her pregnant 4 more weeks, if possible). Please pray for Chris so he will know how to handle his work situation and for peace for him. Thank you for praying for Sonia and Baby Chloe.

Oh, that is a challenging situation. :grouphug: all around!

A friend of mine delivered at 28 weeks. Her baby was in the hospital for quite a while, but he was a healthy little fighter all the way and is now running around with the rest of his siblings like he was never behind. Prayers that teeny Chloe is a fighter, too! And for mom, dh & gramma, too.

When I was pregnant with my second son, I started having pre-term labor at 18 weeks. I remember everyone was holding their breath for week 28. They had m eon steroids to help his lungs develop, etc, bed reat...

Anyway - my point being, at 28 weeks the baby is in pretty good shape. Every week after that is a blessing, but hopefully she is comforted by her nurses that she is at the point many women are praying to get to.

:grouphug:

Yes, Pregnancy induced Hypertension.

She was schedule to deliver the baby yesterday at 3pm, but then she backed out at the last minute, feeling that it wasn't the right time. The Dr. let her make the call, but said that the baby needs to be delivered this week. I'll be checking in on her today and keep you updated.

Thank you so very much.

I will certainly be praying!!!

My son was delivered at 29 weeks due to PIH or preeclampsia. He was 2.3lbs and in the NICU for 7 weeks. But now he has no delays, no issues whatsoever other than still being on the small side. There are lots and lots of success stories for her to lean on at her gestation.

Prayers and hugs for all involved!:grouphug:

Just wanted to encourage you. A friend of mine delivered her dd at 27 weeks and while her dd was in the hospital a while (they typically keep them until their due date) she is a strong and healthy 6 yo now. Praying for your dil and son!

Similar story here....My niece was born at 27 weeks and is a strong 4 year old now!! Praying that all goes well and your family will have peace during this situation.

Thank you so much. All test results are in and yes, it's PIH/Preeclamsia. Chris and Sonia are staying positive and hopeful. Sonia looks so tiny laying there... she's a small person to begin with. Each morning they do an ultrasound and study the baby and they are allowing Sonia to determine when to deliver the baby so long as her and the baby's health stay good. They are also willing to induce and let her try to deliver naturally first, staying onhand for a c-section if necessary.

Will continue to update. I am updating my blog often, too. If you leave any comments on the blog she can see them, too. She has limited access, though. Thank you so much.