Menu

My dh asked an interesting question this morning...

Coffee or Internet?  

1. 1. Coffee or Internet?

• Coffee
    • Internet

So, every morning I get up, stumble around and take my dd to the bus, come back, pour the first cup of life...I mean coffee....and sit down to my computer to finish waking up while I check email, the boards, fb, etc.

This morning the internet was down:svengo::willy_nilly:

When I go in to tell my dh he asks "Which would you rather have, coffee or internet?" After a stunned, panic filled silence, I verify that this is indeed hypothetical (hey, I haven't had my coffee yet :D), and he repeats "If you had to choose, which would you pick? Coffee or Internet?"

So, place yourself in a just waking up, non caffeinated frame of mind. What would YOU choose?

I'll try to add a poll, but have no idea how, so it may show up or it may not. :tongue_smilie::lol:

Wow, I really hate that question. Just thinking about it makes me panicky! :lol:

That said, I might be able to transition to super-dark chocolate or tea, but when I think of all the things I would never be able to get done without the internet...forget it. Internet wins.

Provided I could go out to Starbucks sometime in the day to get my fix, I need my internet first thing in the morning. that is how I stay in touch with my friends, even my IRL ones. It's just easier that way and without it I'd feel all alone.

But, I do need my coffee....

I like how that scenario always assumes that "you" will be the only one capable of swimming ;)

I've only had half a cup of coffee. Speaking of. LOL. It's a little early still for me. But do you mean that a choice could be would I let my mother save my son, and I would die? (er, not to hijack the thread or anything, sorry, lol).

Nance, who is going to heat up this half cup of coffee so she can finish drinking it.

Aside from the school bus I start my mornings exactly as you do. I had to choose coffee. Although before I clicked the button I had to convince myself this was only a poll!

We just returned from a mini vacation at my grandparent's lakehouse and we were not connected there. No tv and no internet - but we had a coffeepot and I had lots of books to read. Don't get me wrong, upon our return I unpacked & promptly sat on my behind to check e-mail, fb & this message board. I do not like falling behind. :D

You forgot "other"!!!! I always hit the coffee pot first - to get it brewing, then browse the internet while it's chugging away. Then I get my first cup and finish browsing.

ETA: Or if I had the presence of mind to set it up on delay the night before, I pour my first cup and sit down to browse. So it's simultaneous!

Hmm....this question is akin to the "Your mother and your son and you are in a boat. It starts to sink. Who will you save?"

There are just some unanswerable questions in life :D

First, coffee, by IV drip would be lovely.

Second: ^^I asked my kids (jokingly) who they would save if they had to choose between me and their dad. THEY CHOSE Dad!! So, now whenever they ask me to do something for them I remind them that, since they would save their dad over me, they should ask him instead. :lol:

All in fun, of course. I still laugh.

Internet, but I'd be in a much better mood if there were coffee to go along with it. I'm spoiled, dh makes the coffee every morning before I get up. I've been known to go back to bed if he isn't up yet. Who can make coffee correctly before they've had any?

I picked coffee...because no WAY would I be able to survive these days without it....I am able to get up and read a book, magazine or <GASP> the Newspaper like I used to before internet. I might even watch Good Morning America or some crud like that...LOL:lol:

~~Faithe

Second: ^^I asked my kids (jokingly) who they would save if they had to choose between me and their dad. THEY CHOSE Dad!! So, now whenever they ask me to do something for them I remind them that, since they would save their dad over me, they should ask him instead. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: You're awesome! My kind of mom!

As I sit here drinking the first cup of the day, I thought this would be an easy questions such as which to you do first. I get my coffee and then sit down at the computer. Choosing between which one I get a all just seems too cruel. But I chose internet. I can manage without coffee. I can't manage without internet.

Well, I could use the internet to order coffee from Amazon (and in doing so I might qualify for free super saver shipping, so I would feel compelled to toss in a book or two as well)..... so internet wins. But then again, I don't drink coffee every morning, just most.

I picked coffee...because no WAY would I be able to survive these days without it....I am able to get up and read a book, magazine or <GASP> the Newspaper like I used to before internet. I might even watch Good Morning America or some crud like that...LOL:lol:

~~Faithe

:iagree:

First, coffee, by IV drip would be lovely.

All in fun, of course. I still laugh.

I did the same. They said, "we're not allowed to go swimming without an adult...................................."

So, dh and I are toast.

I would definitely choose the internet. It would be painful though. Very painful. In fact, it hurts just to think of it. :crying:

Kristen

DD 4y old and starting PreK in August

DS 2y old and leaving a wake of destruction wherever he goes

I voted Internet. I don't do well when it's down, lol.

But...take my answer with a grain of salt....I often say that I have drank (drunk?) less coffee in my entire life than my husband does in a single day. They could stop manufacturing coffee and I'd only know it when my husband keels over, lol.

Now....make me choose between chocolate and Internet....well, that's just mean and cruel. But Internet would probably still win out because I would simply go online and order some!:grouphug:

You forgot "other"!!!! I always hit the coffee pot first - to get it brewing, then browse the internet while it's chugging away. Then I get my first cup and finish browsing.

This is what I do too.

Bad mom warning: while I am doing my wake up/coffee/internet thing my kiddos are laying around the living room watching sports center and stuff on tv drinking juice or milk waking up. Once we are awake then we get started with the day.

Saying that I vote for internet. Just cause I can do without coffee but use the internet for all kinds of stuff. Not just reading forums (and if I really get to needing coffee I can run to the corner store for a cup ;))

I voted Internet.

I do drink coffee, but it's mostly because it's routine. Although.... I guess I could say the same for the internet.

My usual routine is get up, start coffee, hit the net, get coffee & breakfast, hit the net....

I can and have gone without both (at the same time), but I prefer not to go without either. :D:D

I voted COFFEE, although I know that in reality, I stumble out here nearly every morning and get on here, if you KWIM?

But I only get COFFEE on Saturdays and Sundays, so I'm not willing to give up those two cups, KWIM?

I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed them. Without the Internet, I might actually read a book....

Hi Ho, Daddy-Yah! The man can make COFFEE.

Coffee with no internet, because I will get up, get going and accomplish things. I don't get anything too important in my email as my hubby pays the bills.

If I had internet w/o coffee I would sit all morning play around on line.

If I could choose internet and just drink tea instead....that would be my choice :D but I think your point is more one of no coffee=no caffeine either.

I've never had a cup of coffee in my life. (or tea). I wake up at 6:00 a.m. bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to go. My DH hates me! Haha. No, but even after 25 years, he never ceases to be amazed at how awake I am the instant I am out of bed, and NOT crabby either! Lucky me, I guess.

I've never had a cup of coffee in my life. (or tea). I wake up at 6:00 a.m. bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to go. My DH hates me! Haha. No, but even after 25 years, he never ceases to be amazed at how awake I am the instant I am out of bed, and NOT crabby either! Lucky me, I guess.

:lol: I think dh would smother me with his pillow :lol:

Caffeine, caffeine and more caffeine. I can read a book while it is working its way through my system.

:iagree:

After getting your coffee, you could head to the library alone and check the WTM forums on their computers. ;)

Internet, but I'd be in a much better mood if there were coffee to go along with it. I'm spoiled, dh makes the coffee every morning before I get up. I've been known to go back to bed if he isn't up yet. Who can make coffee correctly before they've had any?

When I 'm still half asleep, I've been known to put the coffee grounds in my cup and then add hot water. Doh! Btw, I use a french press so it isn't as bad as it sounds. I just used the wrong receptacle, but it's still pretty sad.