1. 1. Who has the best fast food?

• McDonalds
    • Wendys
    • KFC
    • Taco Bell
    • Burger King
    • Arbys
    • Other

After reading Fast Food Nation we are *very* picky about our quick-y choices.

When in the South West: In-N-Out (uses fresh food, family owned)

When in the North West: Burgerville (wind powered, locally sourced in-season food)

When in TX: Chik-Fil-A is as good as we can do (good employee practices)

And in every town we ask for local Taquerias... the food is usually fresh, the business family-owned, and is cheap and soooooo yummy!

We have two regional chains around here called Taco Bueno and Braum's. Taco Bueno beats Taco Bell hands-down; I could be addicted to the stuff. Braum's is a burger joint that also sells their own ice cream and has a small grocery store in each location. I doubt I'd live without either of these...

Real chicken and they send me coupons in the mail which help.

I don't consider Panera or Chipotle fast food' date=' but I understand that others do.[/quote']

:iagree:

For a burger I'll drive to BK, then I swing over to McD's for the fries, and through Sonic for a Route 44 Cranberry Limeade. My dh thinks I'm crazy.:D

Given the dough, I'd say Chipotle or Panera any day. But they're both more expensive than "real" fast food. I clicked Burger King, because they're the only ones on that list with a veggie burger, and it's *good*. (Morningstar Farms.) Being vegetarian doesn't mesh well with fast food in general.

:iagree:

For a burger I'll drive to BK, then I swing over to McD's for the fries, and through Sonic for a Route 44 Cranberry Limeade. My dh thinks I'm crazy.:D

I'm glad I'm not the only freak like this. My kids get tickled, we go to Sonic for my diet coke then to Taco Bueno for food. I can't stand sonic food, but couldn't live without their diet cokes. Luckily the people at *my* Sonic give me the happy hour discount all day. :D It pays to be nice to people!

ETA: When they first started the happy hour thing people would get so tickled when my kids would ask if we could go to happy hour. Then we had virgin mango margaritas at a breakfast brunch and they went around telling everyone we'd had martinis for breakfast. Next we had to buy some vodka for vanilla extract - and I don't even drink! (much)

Subway, hands down. We used to go to McDonalds to get my ds a happy meal because he does not eat sandwiches. He would have to eat it in the car on the way to Subway. There was always a fight because dd hates McDonalds (me too....well, except the fries)!

Imagine my delight when Subway started selling individual pizzas :hurray: Now we can all agree on Subway!!!

My husband, my middle child and myself love the hamburgers and chicken sandwiches at Central Park but my oldest (who is a girl) and youngest love Taco Bell as someone else said:

We do Taco Bell more often than any other for several reasons:

we like it

it's cheap

the service is good

it's relatively healthy

oldest ds eats Vegan

We have two regional chains around here called Taco Bueno and Braum's. Taco Bueno beats Taco Bell hands-down; I could be addicted to the stuff. Braum's is a burger joint that also sells their own ice cream and has a small grocery store in each location. I doubt I'd live without either of these...

about living in Oklahoma. :tongue_smilie: When we drove through recently, my dh said, "we should open up a franchise in Sioux Falls!" I'd be down with that...