Menu

Should we announce "years" and pat ourselves on the back?

I know it's probably in your signature, but so what? Let's celebrate our homeschooling journeys as we gear up for another one!

What year of homeschooling will you be starting this fall (or already)?

This will be my 9.5th year of homeschooling!

That is so cool and makes me feel so good about what I've done. I can still remember my first day of honeschooling.

How about you?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Katia

This is my 15th and last year of homeschooling as my baby, who was 2yo when we started our homeschooling journey, and has never been enrolled in a public institution, will be in 12th grade.........and then off to college.

It goes by really, really quickly gals. At the time, some years seemed to last forever, but now they are gone. Don't blink! And don't take this time with your children for granted; it will be gone before you know it.

This is my 15th and last year of homeschooling as my baby, who was 2yo when we started our homeschooling journey, and has never been enrolled in a public institution, will be in 12th grade.........and then off to college.

It goes by really, really quickly gals. At the time, some years seemed to last forever, but now they are gone. Don't blink! And don't take this time with your children for granted; it will be gone before you know it.

I applaud you, Katia. What a great journey you must have had and what a wonderful way to share a life with your dc. KUDOS, KUDOS, KUDOS!

If we're couting just the main grades, this is our 8th year home educating.

If we count Kindergarten, we're on year 9.

But since my state has pre-K and all my buddies gave me heck for snubbing the pre-K movement, this is year 10.

Seriously, I had women who could not be friends with me because I was not interested in sending my 4 year old son to pre-k.:glare:

My baby starts 1st grade this year.....so I have a long way to go.

It's been 13 years since I discovered "homeschooling" and embraced the lifestyle. However, I feel that I have homeschooled since birth. I didn't start when they were three or 6, but the day they were born. No curriculum at that age, just holding them, loving them, talking to them, reading to them and living life.

I certainly don't feel like I have a handle on it because each of my children is different, plus, they have this annoying habit of getting older:).

Guest Katia
I applaud you, Katia. What a great journey you must have had and what a wonderful way to share a life with your dc. KUDOS, KUDOS, KUDOS!

Thank you so much! It's been a wonderful journey and both my dc and myself have enjoyed it immensely.

We took our oldest ds out of 4th grade ps and oldest dd out of ps K when we started. Ds has now graduated from college, lives in his own house and has his dream job ; oldest dd is ready to go back for her second year of college......

My encouragement for all you gals still in the trenches or just starting out:

You CAN do this!!! They WILL get into college!!!

Oh, and.....you will never get it all figured out. :tongue_smilie: I'm still working on that.......

This will be our 5th year. Wow, that doesn't seem right. We did K in 05-06 though... so yes, we are starting our 5th year. (!!!!) We did Pre-k the year before, but it was so haphazard I can't really count it! LOL!

I've been reading the boards since early 2003. :)

Edited by Colleen in SEVA