Menu

Overdue and Miserable

Stibalfamily

Have you tried sitting on a birthing/exercise ball for a few hours? I was induced but that’s what they gave me to help get Baby to engage. He was about as high as he could be when they started. I’m not sure if that was what helped but he was born about an hour or two after they got me the ball.

• Like 1

Have you tried sitting on a birthing/exercise ball for a few hours? I was induced but that’s what they gave me to help get Baby to engage. He was about as high as he could be when they started. I’m not sure if that was what helped but he was born about an hour or two after they got me the ball.

Yes, I have been doing all our homeschooling (everyday) for the last few weeks on a yoga ball. No dice. I even eat my meals on it. :) She is nice and low though. 

I went into labor less than 24 hours after dh gave me a very thorough ankle and foot massage, really working the pressure point that's supposed to cause contractions, with my second. My other two were induced thanks to preeclampsia.

Edited because my first version sounded like it could have been premature labor when I meant early stages of labor.

Edited by AnnE-girl

Sex. Does not sound fun at 40 weeks,I know :D

The prostoglandins in semen can help jumpstart labor by softening the cervix, and orgasm (yours) can help as well. (Sorry for graphicness, I'm a nurse who went 12 days over with dd and 17(!) days over with ds)

Best wishes for an easy labor and delivery and a sweet baby.

• Like 4

I had a membrane sweep on Friday, although I am only a centimeter dilated so I am not sure how good she was able to do it. I have walked the majority of the day today. Hopefully if I do start labor I won't be too tired. DH has tried pressure points these past two days, I will ask him to do it again. DS 1 came 5 days late, I do not want a repeat of that. DS 2 came 5 days early, I was hoping that would happen again. 

Yeah btdt four times. It’s not fun.

Is baby’s position good?

I usually spend some time in prayer and introspection to be sure I have no hangup about labor or something. But most of my babies just need to cook a while. (My 26-weeker doesn’t count, but my 38-weeker, although he came on his own, really seemed small and fragile compared to my 40+ babies.). Hang in there. Overdue is miserable.

Yeah btdt four times. It’s not fun.

Is baby’s position good?

I usually spend some time in prayer and introspection to be sure I have no hangup about labor or something. But most of my babies just need to cook a while. (My 26-weeker doesn’t count, but my 38-weeker, although he came on his own, really seemed small and fragile compared to my 40+ babies.). Hang in there. Overdue is miserable.

She is not in a good position. She is posterior, but both my boys were born posterior/ sunny side up. My OB thinks this is just due to my anatomy. I have tried seeing a chiropractor and spinning babies to no avail. I get them out anyway, but the labors are no fun.

• Like 1

She is not in a good position. She is posterior, but both my boys were born posterior/ sunny side up. My OB thinks this is just due to my anatomy. I have tried seeing a chiropractor and spinning babies to no avail. I get them out anyway, but the labors are no fun.

Back labor, ugh. Both of mine were posterior as well, with big heads lol. Now in their 20s and I still remember dh using counter pressure on my lower back during labor.
  • Like 1

I had a membrane sweep on Friday, although I am only a centimeter dilated so I am not sure how good she was able to do it. I have walked the majority of the day today. Hopefully if I do start labor I won't be too tired. DH has tried pressure points these past two days, I will ask him to do it again. DS 1 came 5 days late, I do not want a repeat of that. DS 2 came 5 days early, I was hoping that would happen again.

I had my first 2 weeks early, 2nd on time, and 3rd a week late. That last week felt like forever! I think it was made worse by thinking there was a possibility of going early or at least on time.

Hang in there!

If I knew I'd be glad to tell you. I have been 12 and 10 days overdue before. It was miserable and nothing worked. I walked and walked in the freezinf cold trying to get ds to come. :grouphug:

Also if you have had an induction before ignore my advice. I havr had 1 induction and 2 without and the induction is not something I will ever opt to do unless they sat hey we HAVE to do this.

Edited by Elizabeth86

My pregnancies got longer with each baby -- AAACK!!  For the last one, we brewed a lot of tEa, I walked and walked, and finally tried castor oil.  Baby was born 4 hours after the castor oil.  (Midwife says it irritates everything in the GI track, and sometimes that will hasten a baby who is indeed ready to be born.)

The other thing that really helped my labors go pretty efficiently was to walk stairs two at a time (skip the step in between).  It helped the babies make good efficient contact, moving them into a better position for descending through birth.  It worked for my SIL as well, when her first labor wasn't progressing well.)

I have a relative who was due to be born around Halloween. His birthday is in December. Egads.

BIL and I were both due in July. I think he was actually due before I was, but I am three months older than he is. I was six weeks early and he was at least that much late. MIL doesn't talk about it, but his sister who was 12 at the time said she was pregnant for 11 months. I don't know when the exact due date was but he was supposed to come in July and came in September. He was one sick puppy when he was born.

I was seven days overdue and at my appointment, the ob kinda stretched out my cervix a bit. It hurt like crazy but it did the trick- she was born the next morning. She asked if I wanted it and warned me about it hurting.

But thinking back, the baby had never actually dropped, and we ended up with a cord prolapse (cord in front of the head) and an emergency c-section, so I wonder if I wasn't better off waiting for her to get into position in her own time. Or maybe the cord would have been in the way and thank goodness we did something to encourage labor. We'll never know I guess. :)

OP, I hope you're feeling well today.

If you believe that foods can trigger labor, then I recommend peanut butter fudge or Japanese Steakhouse.  These were the last things I ate before going into labor with ds17 and dd15.  I don't really think that these foods put me into labor, but there's no harm in trying, right?  ;)

Best wishes for a healthy baby at just the right time!!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I always tried to put it in the context of my babies taking more time because they NEEDED more time.  It didn't make me any less miserable, physically, but it helped a tiny bit, emotionally.

(I've been induced at 41w1d and at 42w.  Sometimes what Mommy needs is important, too!)

• Like 2

I just had my baby a few days ago. What worked for me was walking up and down the stairs over and over again. Like you, I tried everything. Walking stairs actually is what broke my water.

Good luck- your precious baby will be here very soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I feel for you!  My first baby was born 10 days after the due date, and the second was born 14 days after the due date.  I was fine and enduring until that due date hit and then it was like my body went into misery overdrive.  Everything ached and was sore twice as much as it had been.  

And to make it worse I kept thinking, "But he was due 2 days ago...5 days ago...8 days ago...TWO WEEKS AGO!!!" 

I always said that if I ever got pregnant again, I'd just add 2 weeks to do the due date so that if s/he was born before then it would feel like s/he was early.  

Still no baby and I am 5 days overdue :( I think DH is starting to think this is a made up baby. He is starting to roll his eyes when I tell him I think this might be the day.

This was us with our second. Out first came 4 weeks early and we were expecting the same. When we hit the due date we already felt overdue and then we went 12 more days. We thought he would never be born. With dd we weren't surprised to be overdue and 10 days late felt just fine.

Just a word from the other side of the fence.  My pregnancies have required bed rest to keep baby in until it is safe.  Starting pre-term labor at 20 weeks isn't fun.  

What a great job you are doing hanging in there until baby is ready! 

As for advice....for dd #3 once I was finally allowed up, I mopped the kitchen floor by hand, made a number of meals for the freezer, had a tea party with dh & 24 hours later there she was!  My biggest baby, 7lbs 6 oz :)

Hang in there Momma!  A wonderful new baby is almost in your arms.

Amber in SJ

• Like 2

Just a word from the other side of the fence. My pregnancies have required bed rest to keep baby in until it is safe. Starting pre-term labor at 20 weeks isn't fun.

What a great job you are doing hanging in there until baby is ready!

As for advice....for dd #3 once I was finally allowed up, I mopped the kitchen floor by hand, made a number of meals for the freezer, had a tea party with dh & 24 hours later there she was! My biggest baby, 7lbs 6 oz :)

Hang in there Momma! A wonderful new baby is almost in your arms.

Amber in SJ

So true. My niece had her first son at 32 weeks and her second at 36 weeks, so I felt like an ass complaining, so I always kept my mouth shut around her. Edited by Elizabeth86