Menu

Our beloved 3yo chocolate lab died.

We went for a family walk in the field behind our house to enjoy the beautiful spring day and unbeknownst to us there was a downed power line in the field. Our dog was running and frolicking as she loved to do and she encountered the live power line before any of us even knew what was going on.

It was very traumatic and we are all heartbroken.

I am so sorry, that is just a horrible thing to have happened.

A thought is that she did not die in vain, but instead possibly saved your own lives notifying you that the power line was down. Just think if it had been your children running ahead instead of her. It's almost like she was protecting you. Comforting thoughts for the times of sadness.

A thought is that she did not die in vain, but instead possibly saved your own lives notifying you that the power line was down. Just think if it had been your children running ahead instead of her. It's almost like she was protecting you. Comforting thoughts for the times of sadness.

You are absolutely right - that is what dh kept saying - "so glad it wasn't our boy...so glad it wasn't our boy..."

We notified the utility co. immediately and they came right away to deal with it. It had been down for quite a while, there were other animals (even pets :() that had also been killed.

Thanks to everyone for your comforting words. I knew I could count on the hive for cyber hugs.

You are absolutely right - that is what dh kept saying - "so glad it wasn't our boy...so glad it wasn't our boy..."

We notified the utility co. immediately and they came right away to deal with it. It had been down for quite a while, there were other animals (even pets :() that had also been killed.

Thanks to everyone for your comforting words. I knew I could count on the hive for cyber hugs.

Wow. I'm so sorry, but glad your family is safe.

Oh, I'm so very sorry to hear about your lab! How very sad. Try to focus on her lab-unique qualities that made her so loved and appreciated by her family...all of you.

We have our 2nd yellow lab. I hope the wonderful memories you have of her will help to comfort you.

Sheryl

<><

We went for a family walk in the field behind our house to enjoy the beautiful spring day and unbeknownst to us there was a downed power line in the field. Our dog was running and frolicking as she loved to do and she encountered the live power line before any of us even knew what was going on.

Yikers. I know my dog would have laid down her life for us (she once waded right into a dog twice her size to protect me), so she would just being a good member of your pack and being true to her nature.

:grouphug:

This was my first thought too. I'm so glad it wasn't you, dh, or son. How unbelievably scary and traumatic.

I'm so sorry your dog. He is the hero in this story.

:grouphug:

Jo

My heart hurts. I can only imagine the pain yours must feel. We know first hand how precious labradors are and I'm sure yours was a gem just as ours was. I am so very, very sorry for your loss. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

OH, my goodness. I'm so very very sorry. :grouphug:

Others?

What on earth were they waiting for?

This disturbs me.

It very easily could have been a child or parent on a walk.

I think they need a lawyer calling them to remind them that this is a serious situation.